Epic Fails

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I saw the Lawler/Doink/midgets match recently, and it's just interminably long. The couple of good gags in there just fall flat because it feels like the match has already been going for half an hour. 

This thread may as well have been made for babyface Doink.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Remember someone emailed in SCG Radio on one of their pods who really loved that MOM/Bushwackers as Doinks match. Hope he's received all the support he needed.

The one with the midgets is a guilty pleasure. That spot where Lawler makes the midget carry him on his shoulders is absolute gold.

What would've been even funnier is if after that Lawler tried carrying one of the heavier midgets like Queasy on his shoulders and he ends up collapsing underneath him.

13 minutes ago, returner82 said:

What would've been even funnier is if after that Lawler tried carrying one of the heavier midgets like Queasy on his shoulders and he ends up collapsing underneath him.

Not to be all "that guy" but 'midget' isn't a good term. Not having a go at anyone as I know it's one of those situations where people don't know what's correct rather than being intetnionally offensive :) I think they were all dwarfs in this situation. 

on a related note that fits in with the topic, who remembers when WWE were going to put out a minis division but they named it "the juniors division" and all the promotional artwork was made to look like it had been scribbled by a child? 2006 Smackdown was fucked up.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Wrasslin said:

I hear the banana skin went on to have great matches in Japan though.

And not long after, it was approached by Bischoff to sign for WCW for a six figure deal with creative control.

1 hour ago, Wrasslin said:

Not to be all "that guy" but 'midget' isn't a good term. Not having a go at anyone as I know it's one of those situations where people don't know what's correct rather than being intetnionally offensive :) I think they were all dwarfs in this situation. 

Oh, you had to go and be "one of them"! 😉

How do you know they were dwarfs? Did they have seven brothers we don't know about? 😉

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

on a related note that fits in with the topic, who remembers when WWE were going to put out a minis division but they named it "the juniors division" and all the promotional artwork was made to look like it had been scribbled by a child? 2006 Smackdown was fucked up.

I still miss Palmer Cannon 

1 hour ago, sj5522 said:

2006 Smackdown was fucked up.

I moved out from my Mum's house at the end of 2005 and would only watch sporadically around this time as I didn't have Sky. Seeing things like Boogeyman eating facial growths, Nova being forced to eat a pile of cheeseburgers and Tatanka rocking up were some of the oddest moments I can remember watching.

Archived