Big Brother is ending. Favourite moments?

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

I was thinking about that Cockfest Big Brother video I got years back, and recalled this moment - which at the time I didnt really think twice about. It was gobby Caroline, who kept being put up for the public vote. Well during the night, she gets up and puts her pillows on the bed and starts smashing into them with her firsts. Mounted punches, axe handles the lot. Then she cries her eyes out as the house sleeps. I think the producers should have stepped in there.

Nicola Holt's reaction to having a birthday party was amazing. Usually you take the party and be happy that its a brief distraction from the boredom. But Nicola responded by crying her eyes out and saying "what's the use of having a birthday party with a bunch of cunts."

This needs a review. This is Frantic Planet worthy. Complete madness.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, chokeout said:

Derek and Science were one of my favourite double acts in Big Brother.

Derek: 'Do you understand me dear boy?'

Science: 'Not only do I understand you, I overstand you!'

*conversation ends due to Derek's confusion*

That's sent me on a Derek YouTube hunt. I loved this moment, the look in his eyes when he delivered that last line...

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

According to Mrs. Lord-Mountvans ITV2 have already picked up Big Brother. 

It's the tv show that refuses to die! :)

Fill it with the World of Sport crew. Same format with nominations, but instead of a public vote, they have a loser leave town match live on Saturday night.

I'm in working watching the fall of Sezer in the background. 

There's probably better episodes, but it was such a good start to 2006. In many ways the series wouldn't recover, and it set the theme going forward for the biggest shit stirrers getting knocked off one by one and gutting the show of most of its drama in the opening weeks. 

It's still great here, though. Grace is the utlra heel, way more so than the hundred of so people who came in her wake, threatened to have someone murdered or whatever and then were chucked out after twenty minutes. Watching Sezer get his comeuppance with what I think was like 94% of the vote was amazing at the time. That group were genuinely odious, giving Aisleyne a redemption story that threatened to have her win the whole thing and casting Richard as a fairly likable dad figure despite his ruthless handling of Shabaz like a week prior. 

It was the year that equipped Big Brother with the makings of its demise. Too many housemates, an overabundance of twists, dicking with the format. It was also the series where the crowd gained self awareness of the influence they had over the show, getting themselves over when the live mic from outside cut into the house. I still loved it, though. It was the last proper, proper hot one that had the papers widely covering it for the 'right' reasons. The next season would be the Jade Goody CBB. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

I'll never forget getting mistaken for Craig from Big Brother 1 in a restaurant/bar in Dublin once. It would have been around February 2001. Absolutely fucking bonkers experience as I don't even remotely look like him. It spread like wildfire throughout the place and loads of people were coming up to me and shaking my hand and congratulating me and my girlfriend at the time (who was pregnant). I really, truly, genuinely thought I was on Beadle's About or something.
It haunted and confused me for weeks after it.