Big Brother is ending. Favourite moments?

Astro Hollywood

13 hours ago, Alex Wright Mark said:

This thread has definitely brought back some memories. I dipped in and out of the series from time to time, but just remembering watching that Fight Night live feed with the UKFF Chat regulars such as TDK, CTX, Mr. Stu etc. Great times.

Hah, that's great. The first thing I think of when Big Brother is mentioned is UKFF chat. I dread to think how much time we spent in there. If it wasn't Big Brother it was Flipside TV, Inklink or trolling other chat rooms until we got booted. Them's were the days. 

• Paid Members

Some great memories in this thread. The way it’s gone downhill on Channel 5, it’s easy to forget how the first ten years or so was fantastic TV.

I remember Season 9 had a brilliant. “What the Housemates did Next,” epilogue where, whoever was commissioned to make it, they decided to take the piss out of everyone. It was great fun. 

Was it Season 6 when Vanessa was evicted without any time to prepare, got booed to fuck, then had a tennis ball hit her in the face? Great times.

Edited by Supremo

Richard Osman has been tweeting people about how terribly the way people behind the scenes were treated when it came to the axeing, and how the whole thing shifted from Channel 4s approach.  Some people are favouring the streaming approach for any future series, the 24 hour feed seems to have been an essential part of it.

• Paid Members

There was definite vote tampering throughout the whole run. Every year, the person who seemed to work for one of Viacoms other companies won it. Generally some cunt from Geordie Shore or someone they wanted to make a star out of (that cow who Rooney shagged, who got immunity for the full 12 weeks a few days in.)

Look at these clowns who won it:

Paddy Doherty. Rylan Clark. Charlotte Crosby. Katie Price. James Hill. Scottie T. Stephen Bear. Coleen Nolan. Courtney Act.

Who the fuck are most of them? Celebrity Big Brother was a developmental territory for Channel 5's tasteless shit personality driven shows. Its basically TNA putting Pacman Jones on TV, because he's a celebrity, regardless of how terrible he is. They tried putting Justin Lee Collins in there, straight after the guilty charge. A horrendous company, trying to create stars out of talentless cunts. Which is fine if its fair (Channel 4 gave everyone, including the Golden Girl Jade Goody rope to hang herself with), but Channel 5 was obviously protecting people. Like when it came out Biggins got kicked out, after weeks of Five editing out his vile abuse of jews and bisexuals, to the point where they couldnt even hide it any longer.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

And of course the redemption of Jim Davidson after his Hells Kitchen debacle.  He wasn't mates with one of the top bods and it led to his own series on Channel 5.  I've probably got that arseways but he is a bad tory melt regardless.

Can't remember who tweeted it, but a former contestant said after Roxanne Pallett left "BB doesn't damage people deliberately, but they put damaged people in there and hope for the best"

4 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

There was definite vote tampering throughout the whole run. Every year, the person who seemed to work for one of Viacoms other companies won it. Generally some cunt from Geordie Shore or someone they wanted to make a star out of (that cow who Rooney shagged, who got immunity for the full 12 weeks a few days in.)

Look at these clowns who won it:

Paddy Doherty. Rylan Clark. Charlotte Crosby. Katie Price. James Hill. Scottie T. Stephen Bear. Coleen Nolan. Courtney Act.

Who the fuck are most of them? Celebrity Big Brother was a developmental territory for Channel 5's tasteless shit personality driven shows. Its basically TNA putting Pacman Jones on TV, because he's a celebrity, regardless of how terrible he is. They tried putting Justin Lee Collins in there, straight after the guilty charge. A horrendous company, trying to create stars out of talentless cunts. Which is fine if its fair (Channel 4 gave everyone, including the Golden Girl Jade Goody rope to hang herself with), but Channel 5 was obviously protecting people. Like when it came out Biggins got kicked out, after weeks of Five editing out his vile abuse of jews and bisexuals, to the point where they couldnt even hide it any longer.

Absolutely cracking post this.

• Paid Members

Did anyone ever get the VHS "Big Brother Uncut"? Well, when I got it for Christmas in 2000 or whatever, we just thought it meant Big Brother - the best of/bits you hadnt seen. Well when we sat down to watch it after our dinner (me, my Mam, Dad, brother and his wife), it got a bit uncomfortable. The first 5 minutes was nothing but cocks. Irish Tom's hard on, Craig walking around his willy out, Nasty Nick pissing in the shower. My neck was burning. You could light your fag off it, I was so uncomfortable. Turns out "uncut" meant just that. Nicola Holt's Big Bummer starring Ben Dover would have been less akward.

• Paid Members

I watched it a few years later. Once you got past the cocks though, it was amazing how nothing at all happened. People forget that in the first series they had the nominations/evictions and one weekly challenge, but other than that they were left to it with no manipulation. If it wasn't for the Nasty Nick stuff, the show would have died. Literally the second most exciting thing on that highlight tape was a fire alarm going off.

26 minutes ago, The British Bushwacker said:

The box task was some golden tv, derek's box telling Science to piss orf

And Brian Belo's alternative words for women is class.

A standout moment from the generally poor later series for me is Razor Ruddock defending Toadfish's honour against 'Spidey' 

"What you doing Maxwell?"

"AVINAWANK"