Big Brother is ending. Favourite moments?

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

That Dion Dublin looking cunt Darren telling Nick he deserves everything that's coming to him when he got kicked out the house, when Nick was in tears was dreadful. All he did was do a bit of gossip. Darren reaction as if he shagged his favourite chicken. The faces on them were always funny, when Davina showed them how well Nick was doing, once they'd got evicted.

His reasons for nominating people were sickening. They wouldnt fly in any other season. "I'm voting for Andy, because his brother is go-cart racing on Saturday and I'd be nice for him to see it." Ugh.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Verne Troyer crashing his scooter into the dirty room door was great. 

This thread has definitely brought back some memories. I dipped in and out of the series from time to time, but just remembering watching that Fight Night live feed with the UKFF Chat regulars such as TDK, CTX, Mr. Stu etc. Great times. 

I didn't bother with the Channel 5 series. They ruined it by bringing in some of the nations biggest cunts, adding crap house music, and putting names on the screen like it was some trashy worked shoot reality show like TOWIE. Saying that, the CBB series with Jim Davidson, Dappy, Lee Ryan and Luisa Zuissman was fucking great. 

Watching the live launch for this series right now (don't mean to live post), and most of them seem like bell-ends who applied for Love Island and the casting thought "Nah, too cuntish". 

• Paid Members

Big Brother 5 was the perfect summer of television. The main shows were always memorable. Dermot and Ol' Russ were both brilliant on Little Brother and Big Mouth. So much nostalgia for this year.

My two favourite moments were:

- Stu, that fucking handsome dullard student wanker, loved his little cowboy hat. One day the housemates decide to go on a silent protest because they're not getting enough nice food. After a full day of winding the housemates up, BB makes them all gather around the telly. The TV opens on Stu's cowboy hat on the ground. A red gloved hand waves at the camera. Pours petrol over the hat and set's it on fire. Stu reacts as if they just showed footage of Davina McCall shooting his Nan in the face. He's in floods of tears. His girlfriend Michelle is struggling not to laugh the whole time.

- The military task. They're all dressed up in military gear, given ranks and given army related tasks. Michelle for some reason is given the highest rank of Colonel. Ahmed is having none of it. He thinks she's fucking up and wants to take control so decides to commit a military coup! He attempts to recruit Jason and Victor but they don't know what the fuck he's going on about. It culminates in Ahmed confronting Michelle, who is in the middle of getting changed so has her tits out, and demanding her Colonel's hat because he's taking power. So you've got this 20 year old Northern lass screaming at this mid 50s Iraqi immigrant to fuck off all while her tits are out swinging, he's shouting over and over "This is a military coup!" and she's wearing this stupid little army hat. The sheer absurdity of it all was mind boggling.

Edited by LaGoosh

34 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Big Brother 5 was the perfect summer of television. The main shows were always memorable. Dermot and Ol' Russ were both brilliant on Little Brother and Big Mouth. So much nostalgia for this year.

My two favourite moments were:

- Stu, that fucking handsome dullard student wanker, loved his little cowboy hat. One day the housemates decide to go on a silent protest because they're not getting enough nice food. After a full day of winding the housemates up, BB makes them all gather around the telly. The TV opens on Stu's cowboy hat on the ground. A red gloved hand waves at the camera. Pours petrol over the hat and set's it on fire. Stu reacts as if they just showed footage of Davina McCall shooting his Nan in the face. He's in floods of tears. His girlfriend Michelle is struggling not to laugh the whole time.

- The military task. They're all dressed up in military gear, given ranks and given army related tasks. Michelle for some reason is given the highest rank of Colonel. Ahmed is having none of it. He thinks she's fucking up and wants to take control so decides to commit a military coup! He attempts to recruit Jason and Victor but they don't know what the fuck he's going on about. It culminates in Ahmed confronting Michelle, who is in the middle of getting changed so has her tits out, and demanding her Colonel's hat because he's taking power. So you've got this 20 year old Northern lass screaming at this mid 50s Iraqi immigrant to fuck off all while her tits are out swinging, he's shouting over and over "This is a military coup!" and she's wearing this stupid little army hat. The sheer absurdity of it all was mind boggling.

Linky? 🙄

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

The Jungle Cats of course. I just remember staying up all through that summer. Euro 2004, followed by an all night stint watching Jason and Victor's late night chats on the live feed. It was like getting a subscription to the Observer. Everyone else was watching the normal version where Nadia and Michelle Bass were painted as lovely people, and you then had the inside scoop on how great Victor and Jason were on the live feed in constast to the edited version at 10pm.

My kid was a few months old when this was on, I was more than happy to let the Mrs go to bed and get some sleep while I sat up all night. "Yeah off you go, get some sleep, I'll look after the baby". So there I am wide awake at 3am listening to Jason and Victor talk about stuff that we hadn't seen on the normal edits. 

Which in turn led to us arguing about the show. Almost every argument beginning with "No Marco/Michelle/Emma are wankers because Jason said so on the live feed at 2am". 

What a time to be alive. 

The celeb one with Coolio was brilliant as well. Coolio himself was gold and for a good week or so was purposely winding up the house 24/7 doing everything he could to get reactions. I know its childish really but watching him do silly voices and acting like nobody could touch him was great television. 

4 hours ago, Briefcase said:

The celeb one with Coolio was brilliant as well. Coolio himself was gold and for a good week or so was purposely winding up the house 24/7 doing everything he could to get reactions. I know its childish really but watching him do silly voices and acting like nobody could touch him was great television. 

That was the last series I watched properly and Coolio was hilarious in it. He got it. Its a TV show so have a laugh. I recall Tina Malone from Shameless bollocking him for something saying "no man speaks to me like that" and him being raucous and shouting "I just didddd!!!". Top trolling.

I remember Reg Holdsworth being on one year and getting pulled up by another housemate about latching on one of the women in the house and said it was okay because they all had lovely bottoms. Or something to that effect.

John Mcririck proving to be an absolute pig whilst also being a grumpy old fart was magical. I remember being in pieces when he said that he made his wife fly coach when he sat in first class, presumably stuffing his fat face and leering at the flight attendents. It’s nothig to laugh at really but his incomprehension as to why this was wrong cinched it for me. 

I also remember thinking he was going to die when they had Clarice up in a cage in the garden and he was bellowing for her to strip whilst going redder and redder, the horrid filthy old fuck. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Joe Blog said:

John Mcririck proving to be an absolute pig whilst also being a grumpy old fart was magical.

Which led to possibly the greatest moment in that house ever. "Yeah, Brackie."

I could happily analyse those early Celeb BBs with a fine toothcomb. Galloway being a cat or interpretive dancing in spandex with his balls on show; Barrymore suddenly doing an impression of Hitler. Even C5 got a few moments of gold once they ditched the psych tests and had people like Lauren Harries on, constantly tripping over, or tipping orange juice over herself when looking at her watch. Put 'Lauren Harries big brother fall over' into Youtube and you get about a million different clips.

• Paid Members

Marcus from BB 10 goes to my local rock club. He usually stands against the wall staring at everybody. He’s an odd guy.

Best and most memorable Celebrity one for me is the one with Pete Burns. His constant shit stirring was great and he made Jodie Marsh cry. And he upset Traci Bingham for no reason other than to get his kicks. Plus there’s the great fight night episode with him, George Galloway and Dennis Rodman vs Preston, Chantelle and Michael Barrymore. It’s 30 plus minutes of arguing and bitchiness. Fantastic television.