Big Brother is ending. Favourite moments?

Astro Hollywood

• Moderators

C5 have just announced the upcoming series of Big Brother is going to be the last, either regular or celebrity. Back in its heydey, the BB threads on here were full of life, so let's share some memories of our favourite BB moments.

There's the time blind contestant Mikey, at that point, a bit babied by the women of the house, did a stand-up routine that was unbelievably disgusting, and had a punchline about letting his guide dog go down on his girlfriends. The looks of silent shock from the others will stay with me until the grave.

https://youtu.be/e69Mg3sjTVE

Impossible to mention Mikey without the time he was in charge of the house, and stalked the bedrooms with warnings of "cups o'water, guys, it's cups o'water," flicking water at them with his long fingers if they didn't get up, or the time he got smacked in the head with a baseball

https://youtu.be/kxcZ2ZP36Ns

Another particular favourite is the simple joy of Jonty laughing in the diary room

But I could probably reel off hundreds of moments.

• Awards Moderator

One of my abiding memories of UKFF is talking about the first sevenĀ or so series of Big Brother on here. Especially when big stuff happened. I'm not going to reel them off here as others will list in more detail but they were such great times.

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members

Series 6 and 9 were undoubtedly my favourites. I mean, there was funny stuff happening almost every day on those series. Mikey getting hit on the head by the ball and eating the chilis I will never, ever stop laughing at. Rex turning from heel to cool heel by spending the week's shopping budget on mystery items was brilliant as well.

Maxwell and his little clique getting slowly voted out and them not understanding why was great as well as Science wound them up and got on everyone's tits. Absolutely great TV in both those series.

• Paid Members

ea1ed864097765d60b75424dcd90c312.png

Fuck sake, Astro. I had found a Hogan text generator, pasted this and was going to wax lyrical about that moment the second you posted that.Ā 

I loved Ahmed. Other favourite Ahmed moments were when he slept through the entirety ofĀ Fight Night and his response to the 'who do you admire' opening question, which went something along the lines of "Gandhi and Princess Diana".Ā 

Edited by Gus Mears

I remember watching up to series 5, so it must have been 6 that made me tap out. I'd enjoyed the "social experiment" side of things and the nature of the competition, so when they started introducing housemates halfway through and getting a bit too gimmicky to keep the ratings rolling in, they lost me.

That and the increasing reliance on packing the house with the biggest weirdos they could find, either for shock value or to heighten tensions between them like rats in a bucket. All the kind of stuff we consider normal for Big Brother now, but I preferred a more sedate show, when a drama kicking off really meant something.

Like a wrestling match, I suppose. A hundred flips, dives, and head drops can't compare to one superbly built bodyslam. On the face of it, it pales in comparison to more recent scandals, but in the context of the show Big Brother was at the start, nothing for me could ever top the season one peak of Nasty Nick being caught cheating.

The entirety of Big Brother 10. The last proper one, really. Nobody watched it but everybody on here loved it. There's too much to mention. The insanity of Sree attempting to understand Western values whilst propositioning Noirin, Marcus going from "one of us" to the archetype smart mark tosser, Siavash and Freddie turning out to be stunningly likable human beings in the end, faux hippy Bea's absolute decimation of the former, andĀ thisĀ singularity of narcissistic insanity:

latest?cb=20161003200610

Ā 

Ā 

On BB13 there was an eviction night where the uncool kids Adam, Luke and Deana were up along with some cool kids and these 3 were announced as saved in row and their reaction and the reaction from the cool kids was incredible. I can't find the clip on youtube though.

• Paid Members

The Jungle Cats and that seriesĀ are the first thing I think of when remembering about the show. Such a great blend of nutters and pricks. Jason, in particular, was a lovely blend of confidence and insecurity, what with his hulking physique, ginger shame and balding cover job.

The show was proper compelling for most of the 00s, but it seems a bit slow and outdated now Love Island has taken off - with all it's shagging, pretty people and pacing.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

The entirety of Big Brother 10. The last proper one, really. Nobody watched it but everybody on here loved it. There's too much to mention. The insanity of Sree attempting to understand Western values whilst propositioning Noirin, Marcus going from "one of us" to the archetype smart mark tosser, Siavash and Freddie turning out to be stunningly likable human beings in the end, faux hippy Bea's absolute decimation of the former, andĀ thisĀ singularity of narcissistic insanity.

Ā 

The love... octagon? of that year was unbelievably well-constructed. Noirin at the centre of it all as Sree hits on her, with Marcus laughing at his feeble attempts, so obviously in love with her himself. At the point Marcus was unable to stop his feelings from bleeding over into outbursts and comments, she kisses his bestie Siavash. They try to keep it secret, but Marcus finds out and feels heartbroken and betrayed, and Siavash thinks he and Noirin are together now, and at that moment, BB bring in her real-life, outside boyfriend, a cocky American bro, whose first words as he literally sweeps her into his arms are "Daddy's home," as Marcus and Siavash catch each other's eyes with an "oh no..."

Bea's sudden turn into outright sociopathy was amazing too. In my mind, in terms of the daily pacing of the soap opera alone, that season possibly even tops the greatness of 5 and 6.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Mikey getting hit on the head by the ball

One of the girls at work reminded me about this a few months ago, funny as fuck moment.

Obviously as others have mentioned the Jungle Kats VS Marco's Harem feud was gold, so series 5 was well up there with the best. Series 6 was also fantastic- what with the Anthony/Craig bunny boiler slow build and Kinga fucking herself with a bottle. Series 2 and 3 were ok, but for meĀ  Series 1 was king.

It was just so new, and fresh. Nobody was playing the game, because nobody had seen or experienced it before. It was a blank canvas. Well, one man was playing the game, and it resulted in this fantastic bit of telly:

hqdefault.jpg

"YOU'VE MADE US ALL OUT TO LOOK LIKE COONTS"

Fucking gripping stuff, fuck your BBC dramas- this was real shit. The build-up for a few days before this was so good, Channel 4 surely couldn't believe their luck. Nick looking up at Melanie (I think) in the bedroom afterwards, teary eyed and not saying a word, it was pure drama.

Edited by PunkStep