"It all blurs together" - forgotten gems from this decade

air_raid

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I think it's Regal's last match as well. I could be wrong.

Fairly certain Regal requested Cesaro knowing it was his last match. It's the one working the fingers isn't it? Clever stuff. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Fairly certain Regal requested Cesaro knowing it was his last match. It's the one working the fingers isn't it? Clever stuff. 

There's a sequence where Regal drops a knee on one of Cesaro's biceps, then kicks the other one to counter a European uppercut attempt and Cesaro sells it beautifully, proper dead-arm stuff.

With the mention of Bryan on the last page, made me think about his match with Bray Wyatt from Royal Rumble 14, in what, in 4 years is still comfortably the best main roster match Bray has ever had. The finish of Bray countering a suicide dive into a Sister Abigail against the barricade is particularly wince-inducing in hindsight with all the knowledge about Bryan's fucked up neck.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Took me 2 days recently to remember what Reigns did at Mania last year.

Astonishing, considering what they were going for.

• Paid Members
On 9/9/2018 at 8:10 PM, Callum1993 said:

During the match Del Rio continuously focuses on the head of Ziggler executing a really great double turn during the match. Del Rio takes the title and it’s one of the few times a double turn happens effectively in WWE. 

I bit and re-watched this over the weekend and it's as good as I remember. Very good work from Del Rio looking like a bastard throughout and even from AJ doing great at selling concern for Ziggler. Amazing to think after this the belt was finished by the end of the year and they fucked Ziggler up again. The reason the last 5 years of "same old shit" have caused me to despise the sight of him so much is because he was a star here and they ruined it with their godawful stop start 50/50 nonsense and inability to deviate from "the plan".

Archived