Love/Hate

tiger_rick

Love the Steel cage match between Owen and Bret at Summerslam 94.

Hate the fact that Owen didn't win, especially when you consider Bret dropped the title to Backlund a few moths later. Owen should have been the transitional champ to drop the title to Diesel.

• Paid Members

I love Scott Hall/Razor Ramon. Just oozed coolness during a period in the WWF where almost everything else was very uncool. And then, when he went to WCW, he was still cool. He was always good in the ring, I thought, and its a shame he never got a world title run. The guy was integral in heating up the business to an extent we will probably never see again, with his involvement in the nWo. Despite what the nWo eventually became and despite how badly WCW fucked it all up in the end (and Hall could have some blame laid at his door on that, too, given his political power but he pales in comparison to Hogan and Nash in that regard), Hall was - as part of the nWo - a catalyst in pushing pro wrestling to heights not seen since Hulkamania was running wild. Who else, other than Hall, could have come through the crowd on that Nitro and kick off that storyline any better? Nobody.

I hate that his addictions and general dickisness limited his career to the extent it did. I've heard some terrible stories of him in terms of how he'd act towards fans at certain times and there are loads of stories about how he felt about underneath guys, especially in WCW.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The "What's your finisher?  Cool, I can't wait to kick out of it" made me love Hall more.

Guy was/is an enigma. Thought nothing of doing an unscheduled job to a floundering Chris Jericho on a Nitro because he didn't see the point in going over and Jericho needed it more, but if he didn't like you (or even if he was just "in the mood") he could be the biggest prick imaginable.

But the quoted story involves pissing off the deeply unpleasant Buh Buh Ray Dudley so it's a pass from me.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

The "What's your finisher?  Cool, I can't wait to kick out of it" made me love Hall more.

Yeah, to be fair, I feel the same way. But there was one story I heard a while back - something to do with a disabled or dying fan (possibly a child) and Hall acting horribly in that situation (I don't recall all the details) - that, for me, took any love I had for Scott Hall the person down a notch. The addictions and the way he behaved due to those I can kind of give a pass to Hall because it's got to fuck you up when you end up in a situation where you shoot and kill somebody.

Archived