Biscuit chat

Otto Dem Wanz

So while the forum is currently discussing chocco and cheese, a very important food topic I feel needs to be talked about revolves around the humble biscuit. 

Do you like yours chocolatey or iced, dusted in sugar or are there any mad suggestions some of us haven't heard about?

As the man-child I can so often be - I've had a real thing for Party Rings recently, the not too sweet base and lovely icing make a super pairing with a cold glass of milk. If I'm feeling indulgent and want to spend a bit more coin on my biscuit experience I'll often have a go on these bad boys: 
719LGNUaDNL._SX385_.jpg
There's also a special place in my stomach for the caramel chocolate digestive, orange Clubs and Cadbury Fingers.

So, what do you go for biscuit-wise? 

• Paid Members

Everything mentioned so far is great, particularly the Leibniz (nerd trivia alert: the Fig Roll in the US is called the Fig Newton, so that's two sweet biscuity/cakey snacks named after both inventors of calculus).

Anyway, my recommendations - these are gorgeous, melt in the mouth, and dangerously moreish. The two pictured are my favourites, but all Border biscuits are fuggin' lush.

border chocolate.png

border butterscotch.jpg

UK Food Forum.

I can happily eat the best part of a pack of custard creams with a mug of tea. Same goes for the chocolate digestives with caramel in them. Lovely. Nan used to make the nicest biscuits I've ever tried, though. Soft oat biccys. Haven't had them in years, might have to get the recipe off her and try making some.

A decent quality shortbread biscuit is ace as well.

Those Border ones are a good range but a bit pricey, especially when all the kids are around. If I need a fix of Viennese then Tesco do their own brand of chocolate dipped Viennese fingers that are cracking. Party Rings are wank as are those stale marshmallow topped thimgs you get but I still insist on making my kids have them at their parties.

• Paid Members

Carbomb's Fat Bastard Tip: Get two chocolate digestives, put a big lump of peanut butter on the chocolate TOP side of one, then put the other chocolate side down on it, squashing the peanut butter flat and making it into a delicious, chocolatey, peanut buttery sandwich.

Borders make the best biscuits. The butterscotch ones that they do are delightful, my go to choice is usually a chocolate covered one but those are lovely. I do also love a shortbread and Jammie Dodgers, though I hate jam in anything but a Jammie Dodger