Hell In A Cell is next week apparently

HarmonicGenerator

2 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

They are still married but Renee presumably is on orders to be professional while on commentary, she explained in a recent interview that she stayed quiet when Dean returned the Raw before Summerslam deliberately so as to make the moment stand out more as nothing she said would have added to it

I don't know if there is a thread for this but Renee is terrible on commentary.

She sounds like a voiceover on one of the early Smackdown games saying literally a few words or 'Ohh' every few minutes but in a delayed way as if she has missed her cue. I'm all for a mixed commentary team but she just seems so out of her depth. Also I don't think she is witty or even funny to have exchanges with anyone else on commentary. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking about this whilst watching HIAC and I think maybe having a former womens wrestler on comms would be better. I like Renee and everything she's done prior to commentary really but she has been particularly bad and out of place. It's a shame.

Regarding HIAC itself I felt it was largely disappointing. The tag title match and AJ/Joe were both excellent and I felt that Charlotte/Becky Lynch was good but the rest for me was poor.

Hardy/Orton just about lived up to the extremely low expectations that I had for it and I felt the ending was beyond underwhelming.

Reigns/Strowman for me was terrible, the two of them having to sell being out for 5 minutes or so for a double clothesline spot on top of the cell and one of the worst ever cell bumps was beyond ridiculous. Rollins' delayed jump off of the cell is one of the worst bits of selling I think I've ever seen. Even as good of a surprise Lesnar coming out was I felt it was yet another screwy finish leaving the live crowd feeling cheated.

I'm far too sick of main event at PPV's ending in that shitty way soooooo often. It happens far too often! every now and then is fine, sometime it is good if there isn't a winner, but it happens way too often and you know the next match isn't gonna be for another month until the next PPV and the build between will still be another excruciating month of the same boring shitty promos.

• Paid Members

The raw tag team title match at HIAC was fantastic. The best match on the card. 

Hardy and Orton had a really good, sick, painful looking brawl. I really liked the spot at the end as well. It looked like it hurt because I bet it fucking did. I hope Jeff, for his sake, has some time off now after this. 

Brock coming back really surprised me. I didn't see that coming. It was a noteworthy way to end the PPV, even if it wasn't good for Roman or Strowman. The match got exciting when all the run ins started. 

I thought Joe and AJ had another really good match, and I loved the finish, up until they showed the replay from the other side and then I hated the finish. AJ tapping clean on the count of two, proving that your main baddie was correct and he did indeed get cheated out of the belt? Nah, I'm sorry but that's bollocks. Joe sold it great, but he sold it great because he was robbed. Either they timed it wrong or booked something completely stupid. If AJ tapped as the ref hit three (extremely difficult, no doubt about it) then it's a grey area. As it is, there's no grey area. Joe is the champ and AJ is now the pretender, which is mental, but not all that surprising considering how babyfaces are getting booked these days. 

Bryan and Miz is so cold now. Adding in the wives really removed the last of the interest I had left in it. End this at the next PPV, one way or another, and move these two onto new things. 

I could watch AJ/Joe all day, always comes across like a vicious fight, 2 guys trying desperately to win.

I can't wait to see what other tricks they have up their sleeve to avoid Roman getting booed as champ being the lasting image on a PPV. For a second I thought they might kill Foley to divert attention but they just chucked 250k at Brock to do a run in. Can't wait to see what they do at Survivor Series, love to see the run ins get more and more extreme.

That Raw tag match was so brilliantly entertaining, McIntyre is a special athlete that's for sure.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Could it be that they've forgotten that it's possible and acceptable to look good in defeat? If wins and losses don't matter they certainly seem reluctant to have Strowman and Roman lose at times. 

It's staggering really, especially considering just how often they do it with Roman - the guy never bloody wins, yet still has half the fanbase screaming about him being over-pushed and over-protected, they can't win. WWE aren't particularly good at booking people to look good in defeat (probably a Vince obsession with never showing weakness, maybe), but they keep booking matches between two guys who can't afford to lose, when the easiest option would be just not to book it in the first place.

Anyway, I liked the show, a few small complaints aside, and really enjoyed the Brock run-in. It was a genuine shock, and made him feel unpredictable and dangerous again. Just a shame it was preceded by the actual competitors in the match taking a ten minute nap.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Just stuck on the show after hearing some good reviews and I'm suddenly anticipating Homicide getting stuck trying to climb the cell.

Do the line @jazzygeofferz, it's all set up for you.....

Archived