Hell In A Cell is next week apparently

HarmonicGenerator

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I noticed that curl of skin hanging from Randy's leg, it was so gross, it looked like a pork scratching. 

I liked the show a lot but I don't have particularly serious tastes in wrestling and love it being as mad as possible, Brock is my favourite so I was well happy with him turning up and battering everyone.

• Paid Members

What I liked was at the end of Becky's glorious win they didn't either ruin it by having her shake Charlotte's hand OR over-egg it with more violence. Just having Lynch be "What? Fuck you" and walk off, vindicated and triumphant, was enough. Delighted.

This was a return to form for the most part when it comes to the B shows. Two years ago they very rarely missed but recently they haven't been up to much. 

I liked the selective card and ditching the filler,  it made the show actually feel like a pay per view. 

Randy and Jeff was better than I could have expected. Both men are still worth so much and dickhead Randy is the best Randy. 

Kudos to WWE on the Becky title win. It's rare that a feeling is capitalised on in time appropriate fashion these days. A baby face Becky win last month leading her feud with the bottom rung Smackdown heels would have been underwhelming. Another two months of build would lose momentum. This was the right time. Plus there is still plenty of time to set Charlotte on her direction towards Ronda without this really getting in the way of THE PLAN heading in to Mania season. 

That was a really good show up until the ending. Orton/Hardy, the Tag Title match and Styles/Joe were all strong matches. Even without Brock as champion, they still manage to bring him back to end PPVs with an anti-climax. It didn't make either guy look good and if neither guy can close then they shouldn't be facing each other in the first place.

• Paid Members

Could it be that they've forgotten that it's possible and acceptable to look good in defeat? If wins and losses don't matter they certainly seem reluctant to have Strowman and Roman lose at times. 

Only just getting round to watching the main event. Have Rene and Ambrose broken up? She didn’t seem to give a fuck  that Ambrose was climbing the cage. Since we have all be told how dangerous it is shouldnt she have dropped her headset and started screaming at him to get down? She showed no fear that her bloke could have his career ended.

Not as bad of a continuity error as Roman and Strowman being out for so long in the ring, but little touches like that could have really added to it. 

Going to a no contest was so stupid, especially just because of Brock hitting his finish on them both. They could have at least said the match needed to stop so Rollins and Ziggler could get medical attention. At least then that big bump wouldn’t have been for the sake of a big bump. 

31 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Only just getting round to watching the main event. Have Rene and Ambrose broken up? She didn’t seem to give a fuck  that Ambrose was climbing the cage. Since we have all be told how dangerous it is shouldnt she have dropped her headset and started screaming at him to get down? She showed no fear that her bloke could have his career ended.

Not as bad of a continuity error as Roman and Strowman being out for so long in the ring, but little touches like that could have really added to it. 

Going to a no contest was so stupid, especially just because of Brock hitting his finish on them both. They could have at least said the match needed to stop so Rollins and Ziggler could get medical attention. At least then that big bump wouldn’t have been for the sake of a big bump. 

They are still married but Renee presumably is on orders to be professional while on commentary, she explained in a recent interview that she stayed quiet when Dean returned the Raw before Summerslam deliberately so as to make the moment stand out more as nothing she said would have added to it

I was only planning on watching a little bit, but I wound up staying up for it all. If anything, I was thinking it would've been Roman v Brock in the Cell. I think surely, it'll be a Triple Threat at TLC in the eponymous match as Survivor Series may well do the Champs v Champs matches again and I guess that'll serve as Braun's consolation match for his cash in becoming the first to end in a no contest. Might be a good one actually.

22 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

They are still married but Renee presumably is on orders to be professional while on commentary, she explained in a recent interview that she stayed quiet when Dean returned the Raw before Summerslam deliberately so as to make the moment stand out more as nothing she said would have added to it

I don’t expect her to bang on about it every time he is on screen, but when he is potentially risking his life professionalism should go out the window 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I don’t expect her to bang on about it every time he is on screen, but when he is potentially risking his life professionalism should go out the window 

It'd certainly help with suspending one's disbelief and getting into a match more.

• Awards Moderator
20 minutes ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

I was only planning on watching a little bit, but I wound up staying up for it all. If anything, I was thinking it would've been Roman v Brock in the Cell. I think surely, it'll be a Triple Threat at TLC in the eponymous match as Survivor Series may well do the Champs v Champs matches again and I guess that'll serve as Braun's consolation match for his cash in becoming the first to end in a no contest. Might be a good one actually.

If your cash in goes to a non-finish do you get another chance, or is it a one and done no matter how it ends?

• Paid Members

A good show overall. It felt like everything mattered, there wasn’t the usual filler and at no point did I feel like it was becoming a marathon to get through. 

That main event was a complete mess though. By the end all I kept thinking about was how over Braun Strowman was as a babyface, and what a great story-telling tool the Money In the Bank briefcase can be, and all of it was wasted for this.

A boring, plodding match where nobody makes any noise because both guys are completely miscast due to their stubbornness, the Shield, Drew and Ziggler coming down to finally give it some life (proving they should’ve just done the six-man Cell to begin with), then it just ends in a shitty no contest when shrunken Lesnar comes back. And best of all, the usual, “One More Time!” chants as the fans want to see Roman take another F5.

Fuck me. This will forever amaze me. The amount they’ve sacrificed for this Roman thing is insane. Brock used to feel like a huge deal, so they booked him to be the pro-UFC, anti-WWE guy who’s lazy and doesn’t make his appearances, to the point where all he drew from the crowd was apathy when he did turn up. Strowman was on fire as the first true star they’ve made in forever, getting huge reactions as a babyface, so you turn him heel and book him against guys like Ambrose and Rollins, who the fans truly like, leaving him in this wonky limbo where no-one makes any noise, further highlighting how crap his matches are when he isn’t squashing guys or throwing large objects. Seth and Dean were white hot at certain points and now they’re pseudo heels in a confusing Shield reunion that’s, incredibly, somehow harming their momentum.

And now what? Probably a triple threat where Roman beats Strowman and Brock, stays babyface and this continues forever? Who’s next? Maybe turn Seth heel and have him have some silent matches against Roman where he ultimately loses and more and more of your roster gets gutted for this never ending quest? Insane.

Just for fun, imagine if this was the first time we’d seen Brock since Roman turned heel at Summerslam by siding with Heyman. Imagine the difference.

Luckilly, the rest of the show was mostly great. Orton vs. Hardy was fucking brutal. That ear spot is so horrible, it makes Randy look like the worst psycho in the world. Horrific looking spot at the end, too. Such a bad landing. I almost felt bad for Jeff. That looked horrendous, yet you felt he was hindered by the daft red Cell that undermined everything by making it look like a child’s climbing frame, plus the fact that Shane McMahon has re-raised the bar so high that this spot almost felt anticlimactic when you consider it’s Jeff Hardy in a Hell in a Cell. Anything short of a Swanton off the top (which could’ve been safer than what he actually did if they stacked loads of tables!) was always going to feel disappointing. 

Cracking tag title match. Further evidence that a 6-man tag in the main event would’ve likely been dynamite. This is Ziggler’s career best run. Drew, too.

Joe vs. AJ is everything that AJ vs. Nakamura wasn’t. Each match delivers, despite the shitty finishes. I actually liked the reveal that AJ had tapped out. It gives Joe the perfect motivation. Joe is the best performer in the company at the moment. The best thing he ever did was move to Smackdown where there’s less chance of having your balls cut off to make Roman look good. He could’ve been this good last year if it wasn’t for The Plan~!

They’ve succeeded in making Ronda Rousey like every other woman, selling loads and having long, drawn out matches. I guess that’s the goal, so they’ll be happy, but it’s everything I wouldn’t have done. She made her name murdering girls in less than a minute. We’re less than a year in. She should still be destroying everyone in record time. If anything, other than the mixed tag at Wrestlemania, I wouldn’t have had her wrestle longer than five minutes combined by this point. Don’t get me wrong, she’s good at selling. She just shouldn’t be doing it for another year or so. At least her makeup wasn’t as bad as at Summerslam though.

Great match between Beckie and Charlotte. I think they’ve changed direction with this but then I read reports of security confiscating anti-Charlotte signs at the arena, so who knows.

Michael Cole’s call of the big bump of Seth Rollins and Ziggler was the worst of all time. Maybe it’s due to watching HBK vs. Taker this week and hearing Jim Ross at his best. Perhaps that made it worse. I dunno, but Cole’s line was so obviously rehearsed, so horrifically scripted and so completely lacking in any authenticity that I nearly burst.

“ROLLINS CRASHED AND BURNED IT DOWN!”

Get in the fucking bin, Cole.

I don't usually hate Cole, because I think corporate jargon aside he's a good play by play but he was awful last night. "WHAT A SEQUENCE!" - the fuck is that?

Was reading on twitter that messing around with and stretching ear gauges doesn't actually hurt much if at all. So that was about as effective safe working as you can get. What a great idea

Archived