Hell In A Cell is next week apparently

HarmonicGenerator

17 hours ago, Philjax said:

Much like when Matt became Broken, I'm assuming the outcome of this Cell match results in BROTHER NERO! He's certainly been talking this way in promos. Or even better, Willow hehe.

Jeff has been speaking like that on and off since they both came back. Cannot see Brother Nero appearing without Matt around. It is very much a gimmick that needs the Broken/Woken universe behind it. Brother Nero as a stand alone character is just Jeff Hardy dressing a bit more goth like and having a funny voice. 

No one was talking about Brother Nero anyway, it was all about Matt. The retirement idea is probably closest to the mark. Although this is Jeff Hardy so who knows what he is thinking. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Re-watched the Batista vs Triple H Cell match from 2005 and it's well and truly whet the appetite for Sunday now. There's actually some potential for this on paper to be a decent little show. One of the beautiful things about this show is that with one exception - I genuinely don't mind who wins or loses in the respective matches. Of course there are people I'd like to see win, but if they don't then there's Super Showdown coming up in Australia, the Evolution PPV, etc and still plenty of opportunity for storyline development either way.

New Day/Rusev Day - Now moved to the pre-show and to be honest looking at the rest of the card I think that's the right call. It'll be a fun tag match and there's an element of intrigue when it comes to a possible Rusev Day implosion, but otherwise it isn't something that I think will exactly change the landscape of the Smackdown tag ranks. I anticipate New Day to retain and the fallout between Rusev/English to be played out over the coming weeks. 

Drew/Dolph vs Rollins/Ambrose - Even with Ziggler and Rollins facing each other for a record 1,000,305,994th time, this has the potential to be an absolute barnstormer of a match. Having the tag titles on the line will create some added suspense as they head down the final stretch. I expect the babyfaces to triumph but equally a heel win would keep the momentum behind the heels' reasonably effective partnership. Possible show opener and I think that would be a good spot for it. 

Bryan/Bella vs Miz/Maryse - I know people are cooling on Bryan and this rivalry but I still think it's got some legs. The angle at the end of Smackdown was pretty explosive and fun to watch and it's renewed my interest a bit in the proceedings. No bad result here - though I think it would add even more steam to things if Miz snuck up on Brie, hit her with a Skull Crushing finale and allowed Maryse to get the pin, which then leads to Bryan going bonkers on Miz for another month or so to give him some edge. 

Ronda Rousey/Alexa Bliss - Even if some of the booking could be better, Rousey for me is the best babyface in the entire company. Everyone loves her and it's clear she's growing and improving in her role every time she's in there. Bliss is a great heel foil for her too. The rib injury angle will add an interesting new dynamic and another intriguing test for Rousey as a performer. This is the only match where I think they'd be mental to have Rousey lose. They HAVE to keep her momentum going right through until Wrestlemania and beyond. 

Charlotte/Becky Lynch - There are two cracking feuds that WWE have on right now. Both of them are on Smackdown and this is one of them. There are seven matches on this show (excluding pre-show) so it shouldn't be too difficult to give each match a decent chunk of time - and I hope these two get it because it could be a absolutely brilliant. Should be a great crowd for this too. As much as you'd like to see Becky win, they might stretch that out to Evolution. As long as we don't get too screwy a finish here, I can roll with that. 

Jeff Hardy/Randy Orton - Initially I had no interest in WWE re-running something that we'd already seen ten years prior, but they've done a really nice job building this and both performers have been excellent in their roles. Orton looks completely revitalised since turning heel and is putting out some fantastic mic work. With Jeff, there's always that lurking element of danger and suspense. If they go for a crazy Cell spot I just hope he doesn't destroy himself in the process. This might not be one for the squeamish. 

AJ Styles/Samoa Joe - The other brilliant feud they have on right now. Joe has been nothing short of masterful during this rivalry. His promo delivery and the diction/bass in his voice is fantastic. I'd be absolutely buzzing for a Joe title win, but with everything he's put AJ and his family through it's tough not to see the babyface come out on top. BUT, I can see a rematch in the future where they transition away from the family storyline, which then opens the door for Joe to eventually take the gold. 

Roman Reigns/Braun Strowman - They've absolutely battered each other in the past and are capable of having some fun matches, so there's potential for this to be a good brawl. It's going to be a tough sell from a crowd point of view - we know Roman will get boo'ed already and Braun has kind of lost his cool edge since his turn. This one almost definitely spills outside the heel as their respective colleagues get involved. The group of babyfaces or group of heels to close out the show posing with all the gold. 

• Paid Members

Start my new job Tuesday and the shifts are super late compared to what I'm used to, so debating staying for this purely to wreck my current early wakeup/early bedtime pattern.

That red cell is disgusting.

• Paid Members

I have to say, I didn't see that coming. It's strange. 

It's a pretty good looking card they are putting on tonight. There could well be some very good matches on it, though it could easily turn into a long night if there are a few extra, unnecessary segments thrown in. Braun and Roman always deliver some chaos when against each other. Styles and Joe is bound to be good again. The Raw tag titles match and Hardy Vs Orton I expect will deliver but in different ways. The Tag Titles match will likely be really fast paced and looks like a perfect opener, as Fatty has mentioned above there. Orton Vs Hardy I think will be a bit more deliberate, more of an Orton match, but with a Jeff Hardy big match finish. Fingers crossed he doesn't die, following whatever mad stunt he will no doubt end up doing.

The original cell being smaller and a health hazard to any attempted back body drops was the best. The moment it became gigantic it lost all it's allure to me  

A cell painted red specifically for a Kane match would have been a nice touch, I suppose. Looks daft now.  

Wasn't bad until the last 45 minutes...actually, wasn't bad til Noodle Hair turned up. Still, this clusterfuck of a finish means what? There is no direction to the Universal title, except keep Roman looking strong. The no contest achieves that. So is that it, Braun is dead. Relegated to the midcard for the rest of eternity? On the other hand, more AJ and Joe. Yes, fuck me yes.

• Paid Members

Came out of it thinking the same as @The King Of Swing. Can only assume that last ten minutes looked good on paper. Reigns and Strowman having to lie around like pussies while the others brawled, Rollins and Ziggler killing themselves off a horrible looking spot and then the real star turning up to leave a couple of creampies is so stupid.

Becky's night. Hurray.

Archived