UKFF Fantasy Booking Classic 2018

Fatty Facesitter

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I'm going to get mine in either. Started writing but real life has got majorly in the way and need to put my attention towards that.

Abridged version of my King Of The Ring booking ,incase anybody was interested, was to have seeded picks from Raw and Smackdown and GM pick wildcards. Pete Dunne argues that as a current champion with the longest reign he should be NXT's pick but Regal goes with a six man ladder match to determine NXT's entrant instead. Dunne wins it and beats down Regal. Triple H has had enough of Dunne's shitand allows him to be NXT's entrant but also pulls some strings to get a Regal in to the tournament as a wildcard.

PPV- Ziggler gets to the semi final after using Galloway to cheat during matches when the refs back is turned, including turning on Strowman. Tries to use the same tactic against Rollins in the semi but gets outsmarted, takes out both Ziggler and Drew and progresses to the final. Dunne faces Regal in the quarters of the second bracket, wins and tries to beat Regal down post match but gets a brass knuckle to the face post match. Wins his semi final. Rollins versus Dunne in the final, Dunne wins. Proceeds to be even more of a prick for 12 months.

I'd also started on another feud between Owens and Goldust that starts a couple of weeks before the PPV but fuck knows where I was going with that.

• Paid Members

Thanks @TildeGuy~!, @cobra_gordo and @LaGoosh for your notice of withdrawals - We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours. 

By my count I'm just waiting on entries from the below - let me know if I've missed you by accident! 

• @Shy Dad (Your opponent withdrew, so as long as you don't withdraw and you submit something you are essentially through)
  • @Wrasslin (Opponent has submitted)
  • @Glenryck Pilchards (First reserve after TildeGuy pulled out)
  • @air_raid  (Your opponent withdrew, Pilchards is first reserve. 

What chance of getting your entries in by tomorrow chaps? Let me know the score.

In other news - We now have our anonymous five-man panel so the judging is ready to begin. For matches where both posters have submitted I'll start conversing with the panel now and we should hopefully be able to post the results and the second round draw in the next couple of days. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr.Showtime said:

Are WeeAl and I the only ones to actually complete a tie? :/ 

It's almost Survivors 98, Deadly Game. That fella BYE is the workhorse, putting in the hard graft.

• Paid Members

OK, here's my Love Triangle. I had to trim far more than I expected at approx 300 to get back below the word count but it doesn't read as good as I wanted to, but ehh, it was mostly for my own amusement anyway once I settled on my idea. I bent a bunch of rules and wasn't imaginative enough to start up a couple so I went with an established one and present the story as close to how I think it would be told in their environment as possible. The art isnt finished so the punchline lacks the impact I wanted but whatever.

THE GOLDEN LOVERS IMPLODE.

It's Wrestle Kingdom! IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega defends against the man who saved New Japan and defined an era, Hiroshi Tanahashi.

Tanahashi-vs.-Omega_ladder.png

Kenny is, of course, cornered by his very close personal friend Kota Ibushi. After a "battle for the ages" Omega emerges victorious after reversing a Sling Blade into Croyts Wrath, two V Triggers and the One Winged Angel.  After the match Omega embraces Ibushi in celebration as really close personal friends do. Hash regains his senses and has the New Japan Big Match Respect Hug (TM) with Kenny in endorsement of him being the man. As Tana may have turned to leave he and Ibushi share a moment, before Kota takes one step forward and gives the man a big hug. You'll have to trust me that the commentary team are explaining Ibushi is telling Tanahashi well done on the best match he ever saw. It's a bit of a long hug and Kenny looks a bit impatient but eventually his close friend lets Tana go, he departs the ring (not so much GO ACE as Please go, Ace). The Golden Lovers are left alone in the ring, fireworks, confetti, presser, Meltzer gives it 8 stars.

Next night at Korakuen Raw after Mania, Tana calls out The Lovers to tell them how good they both are and he's honoured to have been in the ring with them. They suddenly get attacked by all of Chaos which full blown turns the latter heel. Because the brief demanded a turn. Okada poses with belto over the fallen Best Bout Machine (ugh). You read next day on Purolove that one of the New Beginning shows is Omega v Okada rematch and the other has Tana & Kota v Goto & Ishii.

In the build-up there are a serious of six man tags on minor cards involving various Chaos groupings. On some shows Kushida subs for Kenny so its Tana and Ibushi together without Ibushi's close personal friend present to keep an eye on them.

7dd68dc53877a856a3d1df49fe657dd6c03d99a5

One of these ends with a Chaos underling getting pinned with some kind of chunkier imitation of More Bang For Your Buck involving a Sling Blade, a Phoenix Splash, then the High Fly Flow. After the win Tana shakes the Golden Star's hand and literally bows to him in the middle of the ring because that's how good Tana thinks he is. A video airs not long later where Omega mutters something about "Kamigoye... God Killer? Am I happier that Kota gets to share the ring with a God again, or that a God elects to breathe the same air as the rest of us."

At New Beginning Omega defeats Okada again

Kenny-Omega-vs-Kazuchika-Okada.jpg

and Tana and Ibushi put up a cracking display against Chaos' chunky lads but in the end The Bull Killer (Ushigoroshi, lads) goes further than the God Killer and then Ishii gets his revenge pin on Kota.

GiddyOblongArmednylonshrimp-size_restric

But nobody gives a shit because everyone is electrified by how good Hash and Kota look together. As tag team partners I mean, not like THAT. Tana cuts a promo during the presser about how he feels really bad for letting Ibushi down, and he loves being with him. In the ring. Because he's a superb wrestler.

We go to the New Japan Cup and fate throws together Ibushi and Tanahashi in the final. Omega is conspicuous by his absence. The level of handshakes and respect before the match is gratuitous even for New Japan. The two almost murder each other dead befitting a blossoming very close friendship in Japan where you always try to concuss your nearest and dearest.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgUgLlb-R2Gg4btiuziDA

Ibushi goes over. Kenny comes out onto the ramp as Tanahashi and Kota have their latest suspiciously long hug. Tana uses a line about just wanting to be "as close to him as Kenny, one day."

03S.jpg

The crowd buzz out of both the Golden Lovers exploding for the title and also that TanaBushi might be an even hotter pairing. Tag team, I mean.

Sakura Genesis comes around and the deranged seeming Omega insists that Tanahashi sit ringside to watch. We're told some of the katakana on screen badly translates to "The Battle For Kota Ibushi's Soul." In the interviews Kota refuses to engage his fellow Lover in a pissing contest (heh) and just hopes that if he's good enough to win belto Kenny can deal. That he gets it out of his system and they move on, together, happy.

The pair have a staggering match, Tanahashi as the match wears on seems to be applauding both Lovers' big moves and reversals equally, to the confusion of everyone thinking he's become Ibushi's boi. Fanboi.

tumblr_ml8rtjQUWj1qlmfquo1_400.gif

Camera doesn't linger on him too many times because not focusing on the wrestling like it's the most important thing going on wouldn't be Japan. Omega retains and smugly beckons Tanahashi into the ring as he and Kota have their post match cuddle.

On the mic Tanahashi begrudgingly admits he respects and admires Kenny just as much as Kota. Kenny gets on the microphone and declares that this was NEVER about fighting for Kota's attention, it was the implication that he might not be the best, and as a wrestler he couldn't take it. But there's more than enough respect and friendship to go around, and it's time for their latest celebration party.

Suddenly the video tron accidentally crashes for five seconds or so into a video filmed on somebody's mobile of a mosaic censored but nevertheless quite obvious dogpile of writhing naked bodies of both genders. Three of the haircuts make three participants obvious but Twitter will be on fire for days about who you thought you saw in there too. It cuts abruptly and all three men collapse into sheepish grins and have a big cuddle as Sumo Hall applauds wildly although none of them really understand what they just saw.

tumblr_lyjiqcYeJJ1r4gei2o1_400.gif

GTV is back and the G stood for Golden all along!.... Meltzer gives it 9 stars.

(In the absence of the art I wanted, I attach some awesome artwork someone did after the Tana/Ibushi G1 final, presumably inspired by the story of Icarus)

received_325606134848782.jpeg

Archived