UKFF Fantasy Booking Classic 2018

Fatty Facesitter

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
3 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Not gonna lie, that's awfully close to the scenario I originally had in mind. To keep things interesting, I'll look for a different scenario....

Sorry to accidentally jump the gun on your idea Liam, at least you had it in mind. I had to wreck my brain yesterday as I hadn't the foggiest what way I was going to do it. If you copy and paste it and reduce it by 700 words before I do, standard university style, then you'll go through without much effort. Be the heel for the final, having saved all your efforts in the earlier round, for Supremo or Showtime to have to battle the odds to overcome. 

• Paid Members

I was editing mine today during lunch and have it down to about 1850. I haven't gotten to the last part yet, so I can lose a bit more of that as well, but it'll probably be tomorrow morning before I get looking at it again. I'll go over it in the morning to cut extra out, and it'll be finalised by tomorrow afternoon at the latest. 

Criteria:

Book John Cena's retirement. 
Book his last few months in the company, between now(ish) and Wrestlemania. 
Book someone to take his place as officially WWE's top star.
Book an emotional, final retirement match/segment.
Cena MUST retire

===

Crown Jewel
*Cena wins the World Cup tournament. The announcers rave about how it's been a while since they've seen John on such form.

-

Survivor Series
*The Shield, John Cena and Kurt Angle Vs. Braun Strowman, Drew McIntyre, Dolph Ziggler, Bobby Lashley and Baron Corbin.

The match comes down to Roman/Cena Vs. Braun/Drew. Braun and Cena brawl on the floor and are counted out, as officials try to separate the two. Roman calls for the spear, but Drew catches the charging Reigns with the Claymore and pins him in the middle to become the sole survivor.

-

TLC 2018
*John Cena defeats Braun Strowman by DQ. Cena is on the verge of winning, before Braun hits him with the stairs.
*Drew McIntyre beats Roman Reigns in a TLC match to become the new Universal Champion.

-

Cena announces he's entering the 2019 Royal Rumble. He talks about his World Cup victory and coming close to beating Braun, and believes that when it comes to breaking the ultimate record...his time is now. Strowman appears and lays waste to Cena again.

-

Next week, Angle comes out and asks Cena what he wants more - Braun or the Rumble. Angle says he can't risk two Rumble spots on Cena and Braun when they may end up destroying each other. Cena counters - at the PPV, he'll wrestle Strowman in a Last Man Standing match. Whoever walks away will get a spot in the Rumble. Angle agrees.

Royal Rumble
*John Cena beats Braun Strowman in a Last Man Standing match, but has to be assisted from the ring.
*Drew McIntyre retains the Universal Title against Roman Reigns, after Ambrose turns on Roman.
*John Cena wins the Rumble. There's a missing entrant early that the commentators speculate is Cena, but he appears at #23.

-

On Raw, Cena comes out after his heroic effort. He mentions tying Austin's record with three Rumble wins, but isn't interested in tying records, just breaking them. One in particular. Drew McIntyre comes out.

Drew says he's sick to his stomach that he's facing Cena at WrestleMania. "Isn't it funny how time changes things? The guy who ripped The Rock for years for abandoning the fans for Hollywood...and then does the exact same thing the second the phone call comes and gets an new hairpiece. Worse, you come back and act like nothing has changed. Let me remind you...you're the guy who got crushed in four minutes by The Undertaker last year, and you think you can still be the man? For years, I was called the Chosen One with a sneer. I was thought a fraud and proved to be real. You were thought to be real, and were proven a fraud."

Starting with this show, Raw airs highlights of Cena's 16 world title wins in order, playing one per week.

-

The next week, Cena says that to prove that he belongs in the Mania main event, he has to undo last years failure. He challenges The Undertaker for the February PPV, putting his Mania shot on the line.

-

Vince McMahon is in the ring to announce the first inductee to the Hall of Fame. As he directs everyone to the screen, an odd video plays that catches Vince off-guard. It's from September 25th, 2009 on Smackdown - when Vince McMahon proclaimed Drew McIntyre a future world champion. As the video ends, Drew comes out to confront McMahon.

"I was considered "The Chosen One". I played along because I wanted to believe it. But in my heart, I knew the truth. I knew who the real "Chosen One" was in WWE. John Cena was front and centre, headlined every Mania, went on every talk show and got every chance to succeed. He held 16 World Titles. I got fired...by you."

McMahon is uneasy.

"Don't worry, Vince, I'm not going to hurt you. Not now. I'll wait until WrestleMania. You once told people that 'John Cena feeds us.' At WrestleMania, I'm punching your meal ticket for the last time. My role was never to be the Chosen One...it was to kill the chosen ones."

-

The next week, Undertaker accepts Cena's challenge.

-

Fastlane
*John Cena beats The Undertaker to retain Mania match.
*Drew McIntyre retains against Seth Rollins

-

Cena's comeback story is red-hot. On Raw, McIntyre gets verbally slapped down by Cena. "After WrestleMania, you'll go back to playing Rock Band with Heath and Jinder." Drew is anxious and seething.

-

Next week, Cena beats Dolph. Drew comes out and talks about how shaken he was to see John Cena looking so good, knowing he has to face him at Mania. Drew even admits to having trouble sleeping. "Until last night...when I slept like a baby."

Suddenly, a video plays of what looks like CCTV footage in a hotel corridor, where Drew is leaving a room wearing only a towel, turning to chat to whoever is inside. Drew then walks away. Moments later, a woman comes out wearing only a towel.

It's Nikki Bella.

For maybe the first time ever, Cena is truly gotten to, bordering on tears as he clenches his jaw. After the break, we see that Cena left the building immediately.

-

All week, WWE.Com speculates that John Cena will be "stepping back" from his responsibility to WrestleMania.

-

On Raw, we tease a Cena announcement. When the music plays, Drew comes out instead. He says Cena has quit, and he's now without an opponent at Mania. A car comes speeding into the parking lot, and Cena charges out - fists taped, sleeves cut-off, ready to fight. He storms out the side entrance, no music. Cena hits the ring and tackles Drew, drilling him with punches before the entire roster runs out to separate them. Vince McMahon even appears, screaming at people to tear them apart.

The scene ends with Cena grabbing a mic. "McIntyre, you son-of-a-bitch! You and me at WrestleMania - NO HOLDS BARRED!"

Drew shakes his head in refusal at first, then relents on one condition. No Holds Barred. If Cena wins, he breaks the record. But if Drew wins...Cena's career is over. Vince's eyes bug out, but before he can do anything about it, Cena accepts. Drew smiles.

After the break, we see Cena walking backstage. He stops upon a crying Nikki Bella. "I'm sorry, John", she musters through pained sobs. "So am I", he replies, before coldly walking away.

-

Next week, Vince interviews John. Pictures of Cena's career hang in the background (think Hogan pre-Mania 8). Vince attempts to change his mind about the stipulation. Cena says if he can't break the record now, as motivated as he is, as good as he's been, he'll never do it. He either proves he's the all-time best, or he'll go home. "I want to be able to say "The Champ is Here" one more time...and believe it."

On the same show, McIntyre goes to Cena's empty house. "You sacrificed everything to be an all-time great, John. You'll have your legacy, but you'll fall short of 17. The day after Mania, it'll be all over, your biggest dream unfulfilled. You'll do some movies in Hollywood, but you won't be The Rock. As much as you've done, it'll be as empty as this house...all because of me. And then you'll die alone."

-

Final Raw

An incredible video package documenting Cena's entire WWE career is shown, with words from some all-time legends about his place in history and quest for 17.

Cena and Drew face-off, tons of security between them, with Cena doing the talking. "I fought my entire career to send a message about doing things the right way, no matter what. And you did so much the right way to get where you are. But when it mattered most, by doing what you did with Nikki, you showed you'll always be that 24-year-old punk that smiled because Vince McMahon said his name on television."

"You're not a true champion. Like it or not, I proved I am 16 times. I'm not just going to pin you, I'm not just going to defeat you, I'm going to beat you within an inch of your Goddamn life at WrestleMania!!"

Drew simply tells people to get their phones out and take pictures now, because this Sunday, Big Match John becomes Last Match John.

WRESTLEMANIA

Drew McIntyre (c) Vs. John Cena
Title Vs. Career
No Holds Barred

Cena gets a huge entrance, with 16 Cena lookalikes dressed in the different shirts/shorts combos he had when winning his championships, holding replica belts, 8 on each side. As Cena runs down the aisle, each of them raise their belts high as he passes, one at a time.

Drew gets his own elaborate entrance, pipers playing him to the ring.

The match is a war. "Accidental" blood appears. No stone unturned. Drew finally wins with the Claymore. Cena's career is over, ending in heartbreak.

Drew leaves victorious, Cena is sat in the ring alone. The locker room empties, filling up the bottom of the ramp, applauding Cena. 

"For 17 years, I've had people cheer me...boo me...say I suck...cheer me on...and I loved every second of it. I wouldn't change a thing. Goodbye, and thank you."

He salutes the crowd for the last time. As he steps onto the apron, music blasts...

"IF YA SMEEEELLLLLLL!!!"

The Rock arrives and stands on the stage.

The glass breaks.

Steve Austin walks out, a little distance from the Rock.

"Real American" plays.

Hulk Hogan saunters out calmly.

Vince McMahon appears at ringside. As Cena stands on the apron, the roster parts like the red sea. McMahon, with one arm, invites Cena to walk the long walk by himself, literally and symbolically joining the three all-time greats.

As he reaches the top, the four men join wrists and raise each others arms, fireworks blasting behind them, as WrestleMania fades to black, John's blood, sweat and tears indistinguishable.

On 10/14/2018 at 5:54 PM, Fatty Facesitter said:

Apologies for the delay chaps - waiting on a couple of judges to come back to me and just taking care of one or two things on the home/work fronts - results will likely drop in early next week. 

Oi, you do know that Red Dead Redemption 2 is out soon? 😋

• Paid Members

Thanks for your patience chaps - I'd planned on doing this last week but was away covering the glorious sport of snooker - which whilst wonderful was unexpectedly more time-consuming than I realised and I was waiting on a couple of panelists to come back to me. But wait no more...

Semi Finals: The Results! 

TintedEarnestBeardedcollie-small.gif.1a5c4e3e6adf3eb7f390afeb7f79540a.gif

Match 1) Cena hangs up the sneakers

@Liam O'Rourke - https://ukff.com/topic/139035-ukff-fantasy-booking-classic-2018/?do=findComment&comment=3194435

@WeeAl - https://ukff.com/topic/139035-ukff-fantasy-booking-classic-2018/?do=findComment&comment=3193824

WINNER: WeeAl

Quite the story here - WeeAl actually lost his first round match, but made the most of his second chance in light of other cancellations and he's pulled off a quite sensational victory here over an in-form Liam O'Rourke. Scenes. It was close in the voting too - 3-2 in the end on favour of Al. 

Panel comments

- "WeeAl wins easily for me. WeeAl put a lot more effort into it. I like his promos for Joe. I really liked the mania build-up and this is a match I'd be excited to see after that.

- Liam's;

• I don't really like the Nikki Bella angle. I get that the idea is to "make it personal", and give Cena the incentive to risk his career, but it doesn't feel like it fits. I think the angle
  • I'd have left the "legends posing with Cena" spot for the following night on RAW, and involved Flair in some capacity, given the angle around Cena breaking Flair's record.
  • Overall - I like the dynamic between Cena and McIntyre, just a few mis-steps that don't work form.

WeeAl;

• I can instantly believe in Joe targeting Cena and having a chip on his shoulder for Cena not having paid him back for their friendship early in their careers, so that's a good start.
  • Can't really picture the Joe/Miz alliance, though I guess the unlikeliness of it is part of the point.
  • Not really keen on Joe doing the "I'm sorry, I love you" bit with the Muscle Buster. The story is predicated on Joe being a single-minded, remorseless sociopath, seems odd to introduce a crisis of conscience that late in the day.

They're much of a muchness, really - angry, bitter heels resenting Cena's success, pushing Cena to the point where he'd put his career on the line. I'm going to give the nod to Liam's, because WeeAl's has a bit too much business going on that I didn't feel was wholly necessary for the story he's telling.

- "Slightly torn - I didn't dislike either of them an Al's was initially way over the word count, but I give the edge to him here. 

- (WeeAl) "Did more for the guys involved the finish to that Cena vs Joe match sounds awesome."

Match 2) Vince snuffs it

@Mr.Showtime - https://ukff.com/topic/139035-ukff-fantasy-booking-classic-2018/?do=findComment&comment=3193297

@Supremo - https://ukff.com/topic/139035-ukff-fantasy-booking-classic-2018/?do=findComment&comment=3192896

WINNER: Supremo

I have to say both of these were two of my favourite entries out of any of the three editions of this we've done, with a lot of great initiative and creativity thrown in. nWo Trump and Regal's The Bill investigation videos will live long in the memory. Showtime has had an excellent run in the competition with his submissions, but it's Supremo who heads to the final on this occasion. As you'll see from the judges comments this was quite a tough call too. 

Panel comments

- Showtime’s was legitimately hilarious and popped me several times with the little incidental gags. (Kennedy popping his head in was a particular treat!) Tight Trump references throughout too, and a GREAT couple of twists, too. Supremo’s was a thoroughbred of a storyline. Plotted out and executed almost to the letter of how it would have gone in WWE back when they still had cohesiveness in their locker, this felt entirely believable throughout right up until the big reveal. It wasn’t light on piss-funny patter either, the Paige texts had me pissing myself. Supremo just gets the nod for me, but it was agonisingly close. If there’s any way a highest scoring runner up sneaks through should somebody pull out, I hope it’s Showtime.

- I'm going with Showtime again. The dialogue is genuinely witty and authentic. It's consistent and easy enough to follow. This guy's really good.

- Mr.Showtime:

• I love the idea of Vince demeaning and trolling his family from "beyond the grave". It's the peak of egomaniacal Mr. McMahon behaviour.
  • Paul London promo is great, and tying into a genuine theory around at the time, and a good laugh.
  • Donald Trump consistently just ignoring/refusing to honour match stipulations actually makes for a really entertaining angle, aside from the "fake news" joke element of it.
  • Ending with the unexplained lock box got a pop out of me!

Supremo:

• Already intrigued by doing this angle in the present day, rather than re-writing the existed "Who Killed Vince?" angle. Always keen for William Regal, PI, too.
  • I got a laugh out of Vince being killed off in the exact same way again, though.
  • Love that there's multiple possible suspects with reasonable motives, and plenty of red herrings. 
  • I liked Ambrose as the eventual perpetrator. Gives him a chance to play the unhinged heel he's great at, without rehashing a "turns on the Shield" story. Has a plausible enough motivation, that he's a good enough promo to get over.

I'll have to say Supremo - the "whodunnit" angle is much more key to this than who eventually ends up owning the company, and was pulled off really well.

- 

Mr Showtime:

The nWo Trump tron was fucking ace. I mean, seriously good.

Throwing Paul London into the mix, using the supposed reason he was sacked in real life, was a good callback

The dialogue written for Trump in particular was excellent. Nice twist with Taker as well.

Supremo:

Ha! The Regal video with The Bill theme! I popped for that. 'Can you ever truly trust a goth?'

The Paige chat log was class. PAIGE HERE

Superb booking. Excellent twists and instantly elevates Ambrose to a major player position.

Fantastic finish as well.

Both very good and a lot of effort put into then, but Supremo for me is on another level. 

HandmadeHonorableBluebreastedkookaburra-size_restricted.gif.e6dd138abf05a91bb94ff025d9f482d2.gif

Congrats to our finalists! The final scenarios will be announced tomorrow!

• Paid Members

Jeez, a couple of weeks ago I wasn't expecting in the slightest that I'd need to write another entry, after I had read @Liam O'Rourke 's. I've had a lot of fun doing this and reading everybody's brilliant scenario's. There's been tremendous effort put forward by all of you fine folks. Thank you to the panel for doing the voting and to @Fatty Facesitter for running the whole show. 

I'm looking forward to tomorrow to see what the final scenario will end up being. Best of luck @Supremo! 

• Paid Members

Great stuff all round! Looking forward to wasting even more time at work tackling another scenario. Congrats to @Mr.Showtime on a great entry. With each clever Trump joke, I was convinced you'd won it. Plus, the brilliant reference to the never-explained-lockbox popped me huge!

Big shout out to the weirdo out there who spends their time photoshopping photographs of Seth Rollins and Paige in romantic scenarios. I couldn't believe my luck to stumble upon that!

Best of luck @WeeAl and thanks again to @Fatty Facesitter and the anonymous panel for running this. It's been tonnes of fun.

Archived