UKFF Fantasy Booking Classic 2018

Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

Quarters: The Results! 

giphy.gif.bfd4358bf1ce9d9202f414643b825f0b.gif

Match 1 (Wargames scenario)

THE KING IS DEAD. LONG LIVE THE KING. Liam O'Rourke's victory here in the semi-finals means that the Harmonic Generator graciously bows out of the 2018 Classic at the quarter-final stage. Both great entries here and it was a tight one, but Liam has been a real standout name in this year's competition, and he just about shaded it in the eyes of the judges to advance to the semi's. Harmy, commiserations. 

Select Panel Comments:

• "Hogan taking Piper's spot is great storytelling for the period - it's the sort of thing where most of the fanbase will look past it and just be happy to see Hogan, but he is being a dick, and any beef Piper has with him is fully earned. It also leans heavily into the story of whether or not Hulk can trust him, so you have a great potentially long-burning story underpinning the match. Overall, I have to give it to Liam. It's a story - and a match - that's more interwoven with the War Games gimmick, and feels much more of a blood feud deserving of it.
  • "Both of these are great - I like the reimagining of the TLC II match, but I'm going to give this one to Liam because of how well he's put together the old school cast with your Hogans etc."

Match 2 (Debut a UKFF'er)

tiger_rick throwing his hat into the ring for the wildcard made what was already an intriguing multi-man contest even more entertaining, but ultimately it's WeeAl who gets the nod here, making the most of his second chance in the competition after the excellent introduction of @PowerButchi (and his dog) the WWE fold. Tremendous. A tough break for those losing their match for the second time, but my thanks are extended to them for their repeated participation here, and to Rick for entering into the wildcard round. 

Select Panel Comments:

• "All of these are good fun but really, for the build-up, the fact that it's got a DOG in it and the the big reveal were masterful, so I've got to give this to WeeAl. Top work."

Match 3 (Roman gets the F Out)

I say this with kisses to the good Doctor, who I thank for his submission, but by his own admission it wasn't the greatest of entries (he did say he'd had a shit week, so fair's fair). Surpremo's NXT invasion and subsequent battle with Raw was very well constructed and presented. I mean imagine if such a thing actually came to pass at some point down the road. Supremo marches on to the final four. 

Select Panel Comments:

• "-the cliffhanger finish was brilliant, I want to know what happens next! -the booking of Vince in that opening bit was superb, from start to finish. The graphic and ten bell salute is a fucking great idea in itself, especially with Vince's grief. The snap, blaming the fans, writes itself too and the heart attack with triple h taking over is a clever way to hook a lot of the fans in. Top booking"
  • "I didn't dislike some of the Doc's ideas but Surpremo's ideas and the execution of them were to an excellent standard."

Match 4 (Promote the DREAM to the Main Roster)

• @Mr.Showtime - https://ukff.com/topic/139035-ukff-fantasy-booking-classic-2018/?do=findComment&comment=3189588
  • @air_raid - https://ukff.com/topic/139035-ukff-fantasy-booking-classic-2018/?do=findComment&comment=3190840
  • WINNER: Mr.Showtime

air_raid's bespoke use of art has been a major asset to this comp and his scenario was another top effort, but the panel were absolutely swept off their testes by Showtime's booking of Velveteen Dream here. A seriously, seriously good effort that was going to take some serious topping. He makes Brock Lesnar say his fucking name for fuck's sake. Though I must keep bias out of it, I loved both of these and I'm glad I brought Velveteen into the comp. I think I might even start an entirely new thread just of the Dream himself. 

• "When Showtime mentions everyone crying at the end - I almost cried reading it. What a journey. Fucking love how he was treated like an absolutely massive deal from the outset, with them turning the Survivor Series set purple and taking ages to reveal his manager, then turning Brock's entire farm purple, etc. Raid's was excellent but Showtime's woo'ed me."
  • "-Have to give it to Showtime here although raid's was great too. Both golden entries. got to the point now where anything other than something like these booking ideas will be a shit intro for Dream compared to them!"

So there's your results. Liam O'Rourke will meet WeeAl in the first semi-final, while Mr.Showtime takes on Supremo in the other. Who will take the crown? What will the next two scenarios be? All will be revealed...at some point on Fatty Facesitter's journey home on the train from Newcastle when he can post the scenarios for the semi-finals! 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay! I didn't say it earlier but I absolutely loved Liam's Wargames booking. I could picture most of it happening at the time, it was very intriguing. As for mine, I wasn't even going for Lesnar v Dream at first - I was probably writing towards a Cena match, then I realised I forgot Paul Heyman in the parade of managers and it seemed obvious to use Cena as a distraction. Then it was a case of realistically getting around the UFC stuff. I apologise for ruining Velveteen's real life promotion.

• Paid Members

To be expected. Went all the way with Dream including securing Lesnar for Mania, I was never going to match that short of fixing Hogan's hip or bringing Macho Man back from the dead.

• Awards Moderator

I knew I was done for as soon as I saw (i) War Games and (ii) Liam. I'm not hugely familiar with the matches (I've seen them all but never the build-up to any except NXT's) and I know he really is!

Ah well, at least I got an excuse to watch War Games 1992 and TLCII again as 'research'.

19 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I knew I was done for as soon as I saw (i) War Games and (ii) Liam. I'm not hugely familiar with the matches (I've seen them all but never the build-up to any except NXT's) and I know he really is!

Ah well, at least I got an excuse to watch War Games 1992 and TLCII again as 'research'.

Thanks for the kind words, but I had a similar feeling seeing the previous winner on the board against me. You went for something bold and different, which was a risk worth taking for sure.

Appreciate the love for the scenario. Was batting between the one I went with and a possible War Games at St. Valentine's Day Massacre in February 1999, with Austin and DX against the Corporation (with a couple of Survivor Series 93-style changes in lineups along the way in the build), with the stips that if the Corporation wins, Austin loses his Mania title shot, and if Austin wins, he gets Vince in the cage for five minutes, which could have been fun to write.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Every fucking cloud!

• Paid Members

SEMI-FINALS

Here's your scenario's for the last four, gents. In terms of deadline, let's say provisionally the end of the week and see where we're at. 

Word count - 1,500 words. Why not? Lets live a little. 

Any queries, @ me 👍

Semi-final 1: @Liam O'Rourke vs @WeeAl  - Cena hangs up the sneakers

Cena.thumb.jpg.3bc735f2675f9562e0de5ddd7449a965.jpg

The time has come for Big Match John to say his goodbyes. One of WWE's biggest stars of the last decade +, Cena has gradually reduced his in-ring schedule over the last few years, and in this scenario the time has come to wind things up for him completely. But how do you wind up the career of someone like Cena? Who takes his place and carries the torch on for a new generation? After years of mixed reactions from arenas across the globe, will John Boy finally get the respect of all his detractors from over the years? 

CRITERIA

• Book John Cena's retirement. 
  • Book his last few months in the company, between now(ish) and Wrestlemania. 
  • Book someone to take his place as officially WWE's top star. 
  • Book an emotional, final retirement match/segment. 
  • Cena MUST retire and fuck off from wrestling altogether. 

Semi-final 2: @Mr.Showtime vs @Supremo - Vince McMahon assaulted...WHODUNNIT?

vince-mcmahon-limo-explosion.thumb.jpeg.9b57b63a23471c130a2a3577b1c21bfb.jpeg

I love a good mystery! In 2007, WWE ran an angle where Vince McMahon entered his limo post-show...and it blew up. Initially, WWE went big on it, shooting fake press conferences, launching a full-blown investigation, etc. Tragically, in real life the Chris Benoit tragedy happened soon after this, and thus the angle was canned. It would have been intriguing to see where that angle would've gone, and who would have been made responsible as the culprit for some sort of ultra-heel mega-push. We're going to run a similar angle here....

CRITERIA

• Assault/Kill/Lay out Vince McMahon in any manner of your choosing (You can revert back to the original limo explosion if you choose). 
  • Book a big mystery angle and try to get to the bottom of who carried out the act. 
  • Book the big reveal for the culprit.
  • Must elevate at least ONE other talent - even if Vince himself is the culprit (It was me Austin! It was me all along Austin!) he still needs an accomplice. 
  • Reveal what happens next to Vince in light of the events that take place. 

Go get 'em babay!

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Mr.Showtime said:

Awesome. I’ve picked whodunnit already...! But can I work it out? Good luck to everyone, even Al who I beat in the first round(!)

Question, @Fatty Facesitter! I’m not trying to turn heel or anything... but does Supremo get a 232-word penalty for being over the limit in the last round? 😜

You get a 232 second head start 👍🏻

• Paid Members

Thanks very much fella's, I knew there were a few fellow dog lovers on here! This one is going to be a struggle to top Liam on though, I feel there's a good chance he has thought this scenario through before in some form, with a podcast on mind! I may dust off an old creative writing book from high school English class. . .

Archived