• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On 9/4/2018 at 10:34 AM, Accident Prone said:

bayley-hug-jpg.jpeg?quality=95&w=650

On 9/4/2018 at 10:44 AM, tiger_rick said:

Skin crawling. Again.

Completely agree. Never mind scariest, this is the most cringeworthy photo in wrestling...

That’s nowhere near as creepy as this video from youtube.

Guy goes to a meet & greet with Alexa Bliss, gives her flowers and a $50 Starbucks card because “I know you like Starbucks”. Her reaction “oh...that’s so...sweet” as she looks over to someone with a terrified ‘please keep this table between him and me at all costs’ face. Yeah she’ll definitely sleep with you now, you creep

8 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

That’s nowhere near as creepy as this video from youtube.

Guy goes to a meet & greet with Alexa Bliss, gives her flowers and a $50 Starbucks card because “I know you like Starbucks”. Her reaction “oh...that’s so...sweet” as she looks over to someone with a terrified ‘please keep this table between him and me at all costs’ face. Yeah she’ll definitely sleep with you now, you creep

I assume all forms of entertainment have creepy fans, but with all the wrestling meet and greets I suppose wrestling fans are the most obviously creepy.

• Paid Members

I don't think there's anything that untoward about giving wrestlers gifts - social media makes some of them seem accessible, and when you know what they like, it can be a nice gesture. It's not a million miles away from buying their merch, it's just showing your support one way or another. Especially at an independent level, it can be a really nice touch. People at CHIKARA shows used to bring UltraMantis Black vegan cakes, I once gave Mike Quackenbush a book I knew he'd like, and so on. Part of the fun of indie wrestling is that there's a much closer relationship between fan and performer.

Doing it for someone in WWE is almost definitely the actions of either a creep or an absolute melt, though. You don't know this person, and if you had to queue for two hours to speak to them, it doesn't speak volumes about the value of that personal interaction.

The tattoo thing is mental, though. I think that of anyone getting a tattoo of a living person, though. I knew a girl who got a tattoo of some bloke off Game of Thrones, and the first thing I said to her was, "what if you'd been a really big fan of Lostprophets?".

When I worked a couple of shows with Ruby Riott, she told me she'd met a bloke who had loads of tattoos of different women's wrestlers, wanted to show them off to her, and then asked if he could get one of her. Apparently she just blurted out, "fuck, no!" and all but ran away from him. Still, at least he asked.

• Paid Members

Depends on the age and gender to me. 12 year old spends pocket money on a teddy bear for Bayley? Sweetest thing in the world. Woman buys Sasha Banks a Starbucks gift card? Nice show of support for her hero. Bloke buys Braun Strowman a six pack? Bit odd but a solid gesture. this is creepy though. Whether you mean it or not, the obvious connotation is that it's a down payment on some of that sexual intercourse he's read about.

Archived