Welcome to the world of tomorrow - smart devices

Onyx2

• Paid Members

This might not be the right thread but I'll give it a shot. 

I'm an off and off Amazon Prime customer, I never really use any of the benefits outside of the quick delivery. Just messing around in my account now and it mentions that I have Prime music? How do I access the library? I've downloaded the Amazon Music app, but I'm lead to believe that this is an additional subscription on top of Prime. 

How do I listen to some tunes via my Prime membership? 

Cheers 

Edited by Silky Kisser

music.amazon.co.uk for the web player or the Amazon Music app on your phone.

there are 2 subscriptions, you have Prime Music which is same as me and is the basic 'curated' subscription package of 2mil songs you get with Prime. Music Unlimited is the £7.99 a month full version with 50mil songs. I think it all works from the same place, just only lets you listen to what you've got the subscription for.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Wondering if anyone can help with this...

I was given an Amazon Echo for Christmas which I've put in the Kitchen and we have a Sonos speaker setup in the living room already. I noticed Spotify was 99p a month so I've signed up for that.

I can use Alexa to play Spotify through the Sonos and through the Echo individually, but there doesn't seem a way to be able to get them playing the same track from Spotify at the same time.

Is there a way around this or impossible due to Sonos/Amazon/Spotify squabbling.

Cheers!

• Paid Members

Yeah it seems entirely possible on multiple devices of the same brand, just not across different brands. 

No biggie though. I'm pretty impressed with the Echo speaker. We've only a small house so having it centrally located seems to service everywhere fairly well. 

Neat toy. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Loving Nest since we got it installed.

Anyone here used a robot vacuum cleaner (recent model)? I understand the design has really come on. Wondering if they're worthwhile or just a gimmick. Not looking for it to fully replace doing a proper clean but just to keep things good during the week. Mr wife particularly gets worked up about dog hair since my daughter is crawling all over the place so that would be its.main purpose.

Deciding between that or a cordless dyson; lugging the main vacuum around everyday is just too much hassle.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Deciding between that or a cordless dyson; lugging the main vacuum around everyday is just too much hassle

Can't help you on robovacs, but I have one of those cordless Dysons. Hides away, does the job, really light. Can't recommend it enough. One caveat is that it runs about 20 mins before needing a charge. It then needs around 4 hours to fully charge. We do the ground floor of the house, charge overnight then do the upstairs. 

• Paid Members

Already got a vacuum cleaner, so don't need to buy one yet, but someone recently modded their robot vac to look like a Dalek, and I would definitely like to get one just so I could do that.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, King Coconut said:

I couldn't live without mine. Now and then I get the vacuum out for behind cupboards and shit but otherwise it's little Freddie all the way. 

What model do you have? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
8 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I bought the robot. It's awesome. For someone like my wife who has a need for the house to be vacuumed daily otherwise she stresses out this is perfect. His name is Alfred and he is an invaluable member of the team.

What one did you go for? I've been thinking about getting one of these myself.