NITRO - The Incredible Rise and Inevitable Collapse of Ted Turner's WCW

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Has anybody had the chance to read this book yet? I'm just getting started on it and I have to say, given that Bischoff was pushing it as a much "fairer" look at the rise and fall of WCW than Death of WCW, and that I really didn't think there was much left to say about the subject, it's really good so far. The author looks heavily at Turner and the business side of WCW, as well as all the booking bullshit we all already know about, so there's actually a fresh take here.

Has anyone read it? Any thoughts? I recommend it to anybody looking for a new wrestling book to read.

Here's the author talking to John Pollock about the book.

https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/08/26/the-post-interview-guy-evans-author-of-nitro/

I'm reading it or starting to now between other books I have on the go. I'm reading the free sample right now as it's quite pricey but thoughts so far are it's a decent read and I can see how Bischoff says it's a different angle. Lots more on the corporate side which wasnt really covered in previous books.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

Nope. I don't see how its going to uncover anything that the millions of documentaries and personal accounts don't say already.

Those 'millions' of other projects don't have a heavy focus on interviewing executives and production staff from Turner/WCW at the time. It's a totally different animal.

Archived