It’s a body business brother

Joe Blog

Hello all, 

First time ever starting a topic so go easy. As I seem to have found myself a Kane rabbit hole lately I have spent a long time watching matches/skits/angles involving the big red machine and it gave me the idea for this topic. 

Pro wrestling is all about the look (and talent and charisma) so pick yourself a wrestler and document their different physiques throghout the years. 

1997/1998

78e3c54259d66d3e64a7a85ae7a5810f.png

008_1998_RAW_10201998_0052--a4a9b198da81What a debut, I mean it was obvious at the time that this has to be Kane 😉. Kane looked enormous here, he dwarfed the Undertaker, granted Taker was slouching and Kane was basically looking at the top of the cell when they went eye to erm chin. 

So yeah a hench Kane sent the shitters up a young Joe. It is hard to tell how athletic he was at this point as the gimmick lent itself to the slow unstoppable monster. 

1999-2000

01.jpg

latest?cb=20130527000454

Well the Big Red Machine became buddies with X-Pac and became the much leaner red machine. Kane shifted some mass here but got toned up nicely. He did injure his shoulder at this time which likely led to his loss of size. He also seemed to become more athletic (No doubt Kid was giving him tips). 

I like lean mean ass kicking machine. Well done Kane. 

2000-2004(ish) 

016_RAW_04162001_0030--eba439d3ab0d2a973

latest?cb=20151209210233

Few costume changes during this era to accompany his altering physique. Kane varied from looking fucking enormous but still trim to looking ripped to shit. They really should have strapped a rocket to him during this time period. Also, ROIDS (maybe, probably). 

2004/2012

Kane-Smackdown-Photo.jpg

Ergh, I hated unmasked Kane. I blame everyone hating Kane solely on this travesty. Still in good nick but was getting portly toward the 2010’s. Still had good arms but nothing on his peak days. I’m only putting one picture as I HATE unmaked Kane. 

2012/2018

latest?cb=20111223213204

2f63959a2d05d288a395de369280018c.jpg

Masked Kane is back, all is well in the world. Those fearsome arms are looking rather unfearsome, the mighty chest is sagging and just the hint of a pot belly. Bonus points for Hell No though. Kane was always good in a tag team with a smaller friend. He would do enzuguris. 

2013/14/15?

hqdefault.jpg

corporate_kane_png_by_ambriegnsasylum16-

Nah. Dad Kane. Credit to when he got a 6 pack though. But no, poor show Kane (ok the traps are good and the chest actually, ok fine corportate Kane looked in good nick for a little while). 

Thanks for reading, here is a picture of caped Kane. Kane in a cape, the King of all Kanes. kane-in-a-cape.jpg

Brian knew, he knew all along. 

2267834-amdrag_cape.jpg

Should have wore capes when they tagged. Team Hell No Featurng Capes, that would have been their name. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

What I always found odd about Kane is, he was burnt to a crisp as a young man. So to prepare him for in ring competition his bad makes him an outfit with the outline of flames on it. Insensitive cunt or what?

We should really get a thread going on what people thought Kane was going to look like. I always imagined him looking like Nailz in a singlet.

Well, the rule generally is that as you get older and more injured, the body starts going. I haven't got a series of pictures to share, but Edge had quite the change in his physique from the nineties into the Smackdown days and then into his main event heel days. At his peak, I thought he had a Rick Rude body. At the end, I thought he had a Jake Roberts body.

3 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

What I always found odd about Kane is, he was burnt to a crisp as a young man. So to prepare him for in ring competition his bad makes him an outfit with the outline of flames on it. Insensitive cunt or what?

We should really get a thread going on what people thought Kane was going to look like. I always imagined him looking like Nailz in a singlet.

I always thought he should have debued with Taker esq attire but ripped and looking worse for wear. Along with him having clumps of hair missing and perhaps a mask covering half his face. Make the visible half look scarred etc. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, returner82 said:

Well, the rule generally is that as you get older and more injured, the body starts going. I haven't got a series of pictures to share, but Edge had quite the change in his physique from the nineties into the Smackdown days and then into his main event heel days. At his peak, I thought he had a Rick Rude body. At the end, I thought he had a Jake Roberts body.

I don't know, he was never as beefy as Rude. Edge always struck me as having one of those unusual bodies where he was tall and had a big man's frame, but seemed to have trouble putting muscle on - he always seemed like a very lean big guy.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Edge was in great shape in 1999 as well. 

03f12b2a6ed5ac98a25edaa7929e782a--house-

Oh, he was definitely in good shape in his Brood, E&C, and early main event years, but even then, he never had a Rude-type body. Even in that pic, he still looks very lean, and the muscle isn't "beefy". 

I'd say he was (though not exactly the same) closer to a Bruce Lee body, in that he looked like a bit of lean steak with skin stretched over it.

I read that Edge completely sacked off the gym (and all the juice he was on) in mid-2006. It took getting heckled by a nob head fan at ringside about his pigeon chest to get his arse back in gear. It was around the time he was getting the biggest push of his life as well. Strange timing.

Archived