Best chocolate bar

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Richard said:

Those salted caramelĀ Kit Kat's are pants honestly. I've noticed a spike in salted caramel productsĀ recently, aĀ fad much like Peri-PeriĀ that I'm hoping will die quick. Speaking of Kit Kat's,Ā put one of those peanut butter chunkys in the fridge last night. Now I've had oneĀ at room temperatureĀ and wasn't overly impressed. This time though, wow. The cold really enhancesĀ the flavor of the peanut butterĀ and the texture doesn't feel like you're at a risk of breaking a tooth chowing down through theĀ wafer. Would recommend.Ā 

Kit Kat's in the freezer are where it's at.

On another note, I really miss Yorkie's The Nutter Bar. Could give or take Yorkie's but the Nutter variation was amazing

What's this about big Ritters? I've only ever seen the ones that are the size of a bag of Frazzles, and those little mini ones which always seem a bit pointlessĀ because there's no way that amount of chocolate is ever enough for anyone.

Also, the name Ritter always makes me think of Rebecca Ritters, Hannah Martin from Neighbours. Who, Wikipedia just told me, now lives in Germany, where Ritter Sport comes from. I wish rubbish factsĀ like that didn't delight me as much as they do...

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

]Also, the name Ritter always makes me think of Rebecca Ritters, Hannah Martin from Neighbours. Who, Wikipedia just told me, now lives in Germany, where Ritter Sport comes from. I wish rubbish factsĀ like that didn't delight me as much as they do...

The name Ritter always reminds me either of John Ritter, or, even better, the gorgeous Kristen Ritter.

22 minutes ago, Harry Wiseau said:

oooh yes, the normal bars are 100g and fit perfectly into the pocket of your sports jacket, the large ones (they don't do the Rum & Raisin in large sadly) are -Ā from memory -Ā 250g. Lidl always sell them in a few varieties.

I love the idea that allĀ these folk in sporty clothes are going around with their pockets stuffed full of delicious continental confectionery. Might dig my combats out and see how many big bars I can fit in 8 big baggy trouser pockets. I won't keep them in my pockets for long though, of course. Everyone knows only a maniac would keep chocolate in their pocket. It's asking for all kinds of trouble, that.

49 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Since when has Piri Piri been a fad? It's been a popular flavor for ages.

Since Nando's became cool.

Other fads include Pulled Pork where one restaurant/takeaway advertises it and then every supermarket does the same thing when really its probably been there all along.

• Paid Members

Hardly a 'fad' then. Nandos has been popular for years, even before 'Cheeky Nandos' became a common phrase (and you'll age yourself when you try to think about when that phrase started to gain prominence). I remember when I first moved out andĀ buyingĀ Piri Piri sauce on my first ever big shop, and that was close to a decade ago.

Also, who hates Piri Piri? It's a lovely, warming flavor.

• Paid Members

I had chicken piri piri about 5 times on my first trip to Portugal about 10 years before I'd heard of Nando's or heard of peri-peri.

Not arsed about the chicken but fries dipped in the Perinaise is a treat.