Best chocolate bar

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

It is the Double Decker, which must surely rank somewhere near the wheel in terms of brilliantĀ inventions. I've just picked up the attached four pack and am about to head down to Decker town. It has it all; chocolate, marshmallow and that crunchy stuff. A masterpiece.

IĀ would still like to hear alternative opinions and then explain why they are wrong.

20180830_193902.jpg

• Paid Members
Just now, Gus Mears said:

Ā 

I love Reese's, but anyone putting American chocolate anything in a best of chocolate conversation needs help.

Understandable. But the sheer amazing-ness of the Peanut butter seems to sweeten up the Yank chocolate no end. It's unrecognisable.Ā 

If not, I'll take a Drifter.Ā 

Ā 

• Paid Members

If we're allowing American imports, then it's Butterfinger. I love Reese's stuff, but that love developed from adoration for Butterfinger. Cadbury did their own version for a short while about 20 years ago, so I was chuffed when I realised during a trip to Florida in 2001 that these were the same. It's a shame that cost about Ā£50 per bar in the American section of supermarkets.

butterfinger-king-size-candy-bars-1B.png

If we're going domestic, then it's Boost. Just a lovely combination of chocolate, biscuit, fondant filling and caramel. No nougat bollocks like Gus' Double Decker.

98180.jpg

On the Premium end of the spectrum, a large bar of Lindt Lindor wins.