Wrestling Themes Performed Live

simonworden

Was on Spotify yesterday and came across this gem which I've found on YouTube now to share.

https://youtu.be/w_jHY1CXK0I

I'm sure it's been posted before but it was new to me to hear Real American live. I don't think it was ever performed live for Hogan unfortunately, possibly because it sounded so different.

It got me thinking though what 'wrestling songs'  sounded great live or terrible live? Either at a concert or a wrestling show.  Not looking for songs considered 'real songs' used by wrestlers but songs that are either solely for the wrestlers or really synonymous with he or she.

Another example would be Bray Wyatt's theme from Wrestlemania ....

Thought that was fantastic

• Paid Members

Yeah, the first one that sprang to mind for me to was Wyatt at WM30 - that was excellent.

It probably doesn't count as it's just singing along to a theme rather than singing it, but I loved Booby Roode's entrance at Takeover Toronto in 2016.

On the other hand, Motorhead playing HHH's theme at Wrestlemania17 was horrible.

• Paid Members

More recently, Wheatus played 'Tennage Dirtbag' for Nate Webb's entrance at the 'Joey Janela: Lost In New York' show. Nate is a cult indy icon who has been using that theme ever since it got released.  He usually lets the whole song play out, going round the entire venue and engaging in various hi jinx until the song ends (which he marks with a backflip off the top rope).

Can only find fan-cam footage seeing as it's they're doing a good job of policing privacy for this show on streaming sites, but here's some decent fan-cam footage;

I highly recommend this show. It's on the Fite App and is so much fun.