12 year old Bayley Superfan gets chokeslammed by suspected thick cunt.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

**** SHE'S HARDCORE! ****

Nah, seriously you can see that whatever else that is just plain dodgy about this, it's clear on how she landed that she hasn't been "trained", for the lack of a better word, on how to take a chokeslam. If that happened in BritWres, social services would surely be investigating this, presumably a similar authority in the state of the USA where this took place might want a word with her parents at least.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The blame should mainly be on the parents in my view, I would assume they agreed to the spot and anything she did in that match. I don't understand why you would want your daughter wrestling at that age. The guy should have said no to doing it but that is down to stupidity whereas the parents are obviously trying to make a few quid off their daughter.

• Paid Members

Joey Ryan has been defending it, and a certain class of indie fan tend to treat him as an arbiter of taste in these things. 

He's said "it's no different to kids doing other sports", "Half the STARDOM roster, the Young Bucks, the Hardys, Harry Smith, Rey Mysterio and countless luchadores started that young or younger", and "it's safer for her to be wrestling an adult than another partially trained kid".

There's elements of truth to some of that, but it's still skeezy as fuck. And there's a difference between "starting backyarding at 12", "started training at 12", and "was taking full back bumps in the ring at 12". I'm iffy about kids that young training, but the fault lies with the promoter for booking it, Izzy's parents for (presumably) agreeing to it, and every wrestler that agreed to the spot.

• Paid Members

Of course it’s different to kids doing other sports. Other sports, like track and field or team sports like football, basketball etc don’t have an element of being picked up by a greased up adult male and bouncing your head off of plywood laid over a steel frame. Accidents can still happen (a bad tackle in football) but occurrences are far and few between.

This girl’s at an age where her bones are still developing. She isn’t wrestling because she’s had months of training or has a gift for the craft; she’s out there because a wrestling promoter thought it would be a quick way to capitalise on a little girl’s fandom and mild notoriety, and because her parents have let her with presumably financial motivation.

33 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Joey Ryan has been defending it, and a certain class of indie fan tend to treat him as an arbiter of taste in these things. 

He's said "it's no different to kids doing other sports", "Half the STARDOM roster, the Young Bucks, the Hardys, Harry Smith, Rey Mysterio and countless luchadores started that young or younger", and "it's safer for her to be wrestling an adult than another partially trained kid".

There's elements of truth to some of that, but it's still skeezy as fuck. And there's a difference between "starting backyarding at 12", "started training at 12", and "was taking full back bumps in the ring at 12". I'm iffy about kids that young training, but the fault lies with the promoter for booking it, Izzy's parents for (presumably) agreeing to it, and every wrestler that agreed to the spot.

I find those really crap arguments,. The first one is a bit like "My parents hit me, did me no harm, so I'll twat mine?" and the second is a bit well it could be worse, in reality neither would be the best option.

40 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Joey Ryan has been defending it

Because of course he fucking has. Anything that's remotely weird in wrestling, he leaps all over and goes 'HEY HOW COME YOU ALL WANT IT TO BE A SPORT EXCEPT WHEN YOU LIKE IT?', as if everything revolves around his weird knob-obsessed matches. He's like a hipster who butts in and tells everyone how your favourite bands suck because they're so mainstream even though you never asked him in the first place.

56 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Of course it’s different to kids doing other sports. Other sports, like track and field or team sports like football, basketball etc don’t have an element of being picked up by a greased up adult male and bouncing your head off of plywood laid over a steel frame. Accidents can still happen (a bad tackle in football) but occurrences are far and few between.

This girl’s at an age where her bones are still developing. She isn’t wrestling because she’s had months of training or has a gift for the craft; she’s out there because a wrestling promoter thought it would be a quick way to capitalise on a little girl’s fandom and mild notoriety, and because her parents have let her with presumably financial motivation.

Not defending it, because I think it's terrible, but she has been training for months apparently.  I'm more troubled by all the 20 stone sweaty 35 year olds getting photos with her at the autograph table.

i'll give an alternative to it. My lad (14) plays ice hockey at a reasonable level and has a fair size frame on him but there is no way i would let him play against adults even with all the padding they wear, let alone when he was 12. 

Or a better alternative would be Nicholas taking the brogue kick at WM. Just wouldn't happen

Its ridiculous that she was even in the ring with adults at a show and taking bumps. The idiot in the crowd shouting "Chokeslam" is a tosser of the highest order. The best you can say is that the guy who gave her the slam tried to drop her as low as possible but everyone involved should hang their heads. 

The worst thing was she won the match in the end and became a champion (I know Nicholas did but at least he was protected and not trying to deliver stunners to Cesaro)

Rey was trained by his dad too, who i'm guessing didn't hoof him round the gym like a sack of shit or anything mad and always had an eye on him. Take into account the amount of luchadores who start training that early without telling their parents too because they didn't want their kids getting into wrestling at that age rather than them giving the go ahead to go and take up a hobby of being John Thompson's stuntman character off the Fast Show. Harry Smith's dad was the fucking British Bulldog, and the Hardyz are also not really the first people i'd point at and go aye, training young is alright obviously. 

• Paid Members

I suspect that the stories of "Harry Smith started wrestling at 8" meant he was rolling around on the mat in the Dungeon, not that he was taking chokeslams from people 3 times his age and size. Similarly for Rey Mysterio, he wouldn't have been taking full back bumps at that age in lucha.

Archived