Foreign Objects

Kaz Hayashi

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

Exceptions are the even more worthless "TLC match" promoted outside WWE in which the weapons are used but victory is still obtained by pinfall or submission - common in BritWres. So.... a no DQ match?

You're being too generous on WWE there. They've been guilty of it too, since both the HHH-Nash match at TLC 2011 and 'WeeLC' ended in pinfall finishes. State of it... 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Fog Dude said:

You're being too generous on WWE there. They've been guilty of it too, since both the HHH-Nash match at TLC 2011 and 'WeeLC' ended in pinfall finishes. State of it... 

Fucking hell. I might have known that if I'd ever brought myself to watch Nash/HHH which I haven't. Even though, oddly enough, I bought the DVD in a Silvervision sale. I think I turn it off after Punk every time.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Really? Horrible looking papier mache things. They're down there with those tin foil roasting trays and rubber "steel" bars from WCW.

Defo should be on the list though. They’re fucking atrocious, but they meet the criteria. The best part about discussing said lists are the utter dross as well as the best.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, The Maestro said:

You have to wear jeans in a street fight which obviously makes it the most superior of all match stipulations.

When SAS Wrestling was still going, one of its signature special stips matches was the "Bring Your Jeans Streetfight". We managed to get it over as a gimmick to the point where one guy would simply say: "Bring your jeans!" and the crowd would cheer because they knew what he was challenging the other guy to.

Also, all our 6-man tags were only ever referred to as "6-Man Tag Team Warfare" matches.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

When SAS Wrestling was still going, one of its signature special stips matches was the "Bring Your Jeans Streetfight". We managed to get it over as a gimmick to the point where one guy would simply say: "Bring your jeans!" and the crowd would cheer because they knew what he was challenging the other guy to.

Also, all our 6-man tags were only ever referred to as "6-Man Tag Team Warfare" matches.

That’s fantastic 

7 hours ago, air_raid said:

Fucking hell. I might have known that if I'd ever brought myself to watch Nash/HHH which I haven't. Even though, oddly enough, I bought the DVD in a Silvervision sale. I think I turn it off after Punk every time.

The Punk match was last on the night! 

I think Ambrose vs Wyatt was a TLC match that ended in a pin (after Ambrose proved my brother in law right by pulling the power lead out of a TV without turning it off, causing an explosion) as well.

Muta's use of the Mist was brilliant, I enjoy watching Bushi do it too however I view it as Muta's cheating although I know it had been done before. Arrogance was brilliant and the set up for the Roberts vs Martel feud, which was brilliant.

I also remember Sting using a black cricket bat on a UK tour which was fun, even though I hate cricket it was cheesy fun.

ICW also used a dildo in one of their Square Go matches, I think 2015 or 2014 and they used a dildo as a weapon. Outside of ICW I don't think it would work but somehow they made it.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

All fair points, but I don’t know, something just doesn’t add up. Apart from a couple of obvious highly replayed high spots (Jeff off the top), it’s not like it was a weekly used gimmick was it?

Not like the Con-Chair-To, or a ‘get the tables’ spot. 

They were good at using a ladder, does it make it ‘theirs’ though?

Yeah, I still believe so. The commentary and the company really pushed the connection I thought. Even in the Smackdown games (I believe number 4), when the wrestlers would grab a weapon from under the ring, Jeff would be assigned to a ladder instead of the usual table or chair. He even had his own unique ladder move that no one else could do. There were commercials where they'd be using ladders (one had them on baseball field jumping off a pair of ladders) and promo shots for WWF magazine usually had them posing with them like a weird Homebase catalog.

Archived