Top Wrestling Twitter

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I was watching an old Clash of The Champions with my girlfriend, who's never really watched much WCW, and when Lee Marshall's Road Report came on, she asked if Lee Marshall was actually in the location he said he was. It dawned on me that I'd never even thought about it, and had just always 100% assumed that they were a shoot. 

Yeah. I came to the conclusion he’s just calling in on a brick mobile backstage 😄

22 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

There's a lot that can be argued in that post.

1) If he said racist things, why isn't he a racist?

2) Just because someone's hurt or not hurt by something, does that justify being racist?

3) Does being low justify being racist?

4) Would you need to forgive him if he wasn't racist?

I know these things are up for debate and people see them in different lights etc, but it's very easy to excuse the behaviour for this reason or that reason. I'm not saying he can't learn and be better, but that's all about acknowledging there's an issue in the first place rather than trying to justify it.

Ok..lemme give it a shot.

1) blurting out dumb racist things when you're feeling insecure doesn't immediatly make you a racist person. It makes you an insecure little bitch. Insecurity and frustration can cause people to compromise their own beliefs. Has to do with a lack of self respect, i think. Still a dick move, though.

2) Hurting people means you have to make it right. No matter what you did. He's a human being and hasn't done it again as far as i know). He has apologized to the people he hurt most with this: his friends, family and co-workers. Next to this, having been quoted or recorded saying something racist, doesn't mean you're a racist at heart. If there were a bunch of other accounts of him being racist, this would be different. Leading into him being at his lowest point.

3) Racist people have a lot more stuff going wrong in their lives, other than being racist. Hulk was in a really low place that he didn't see himself getting out of. He thought his entire life was slipping away. (4)If someone acts like an ass at their lowest point and then gets better, admits it and apologizes, i can forgive it. As long as they don't turn around and do the same thing all over again. All of this is predicated on him not doing that shit again.

In comparisom, Trump will never even admit he's racist(when he's not around people who he knows are racist), he will never say sorry for being a racist and if he did, he'd be lying and he'd be back at it within 5 minutes.

Edited by Whistling Skull
It's early still.

• Paid Members

You're defending the indefensible. He didn't just lash out, he wasn't under threat and he wasn't under pressure. It was a tirade in what he thought was a private situation. He even addressed his racism just to show he was fully aware of what he'd said.

Also, it wasn't remotely "dumb racist things". The language wasn't the problem at all. He could have said what he said without the N-bomb and his opinion that a black man isn't good enough for his daughter is still deeply racist. 

That's the crux of it. Sure he's worked with performers of all races and even been friendly and helpful to them. I'm sure none of them think he is racist. But his true colours came out when it came to his daughter.

He should never have worked for them again. He wouldn't in any decent industry. Sure, he can earn a living but it shouldn't be for a major company. How many times you seen and heard Ron Atkinson on credible stations the last 15 years? Fuck, even Talksport haven't touched him and they employed Keys and Gray.

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

[Defends racist.]

Give over. If when you’re “under pressure” or think you’re in private company and you come out with racist language, then you’re racist. If that’s what your brain conjures up, then you have some deep-set prejudices. You can also be insecure and not a racist.

4 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

You're defending the indefensible. He didn't just lash out, he wasn't under threat and he wasn't under pressure. It was a tirade in what he thought was a private situation. He even addressed his racism just to show he was fully aware of what he'd said.

Also, it wasn't remotely "dumb racist things". The language wasn't the problem at all. He could have said what he said without the N-bomb and his opinion that a black man isn't good enough for his daughter is still deeply racist. 

That's the crux of it. Sure he's worked with performers of all races and even been friendly and helpful to them. I'm sure none of them think he is racist. But his true colours came out when it came to his daughter.

He should never have worked for them again. He wouldn't in any decent industry. Sure, he can earn a living but it shouldn't be for a major company. How many times you seen and heard Ron Atkinson on credible stations the last 15 years? Fuck, even Talksport haven't touched him and they employed Keys and Gray.

I understand where you're coming from, but life experiences make that i disagree. 

I was not familiar with Ron Atkinson, because i'm not British. I looked him up, though. Jesus. Yeah, that is a foul racist man, being foul and racist. Remunded me of Einstein in that recording of his trip to China. No respect for anyone or anything.

7 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Give over. If when you’re “under pressure” or think you’re in private company and you come out with racist language, then you’re racist. If that’s what your brain conjures up, then you have some deep-set prejudices. You can also be insecure and not a racist.

It's not always that simple, in my experience. 

21 minutes ago, Divorced Dad said:

@Whistling Skull how, in your opinion, are Ron Atkinsons comments any different from Hogan's?

You've described one as a foul racist and the other as a man at a low point. 

It's because i know Hulk Hogan to carry himself as a person that judges people on their strenght of character.

The fact that the remarks in question were made when he was routinely hanging out with Bubba, who is a fucking cretin, helps put it into perspective for me. 

Ron Atkinson i don't know, other than the remarks pointed out to me. Was he generally known to be a good, respectful man?

Edited by Whistling Skull

4 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

It is, though. If someone’s first thoughts are racist, then they have some deep-set prejudice there.

What do you mean by 'first thoughts'?The first thoughts of a desperatly unhappy man will be less than sane, more often than not.

Humans are complicated creatures. Hulk said a stupid racist thing, that was very out of character for him, in my view. He has recognized this and apologized profusely. As long as it doesn't happen again, i can understand how this all came to be and forgive him.