Old finishers that need to be brought back

Statto

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I remember this. I also remember forgiving it because it's Ibushi and he could no-sell a bump through adamantium and I'd still love him.

THROUGH adamantium? Have a word with yourself.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I've been waiting years for someone to bust out Chris Chetti's 'Amityville Horror' (Sitout Death Valley Driver) that I used to spaff over back in 1999. 

I thought I nearly killed a kid doing it in our backyard wrestling videos too. 

Movez~

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

The Eliminator Total Elimination was a cool move if done properly I thought. I remember they did it to Pablo Marquez once and it looked like they absolutely murdered the poor bastard. Great finish move I thought. 

4 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I've seen Total Elimination very recently. Did someone do it at the TNA PPV?

Head crusher and shoulder breaker need to get the fuck out of this thread!

Ascension and Undisputed have both done variants in recent years.

A regular shoulder breaker like wot Rocky Maivia used to do, fair enough. Norton's hoss version kill you dead.

• Paid Members

Papa Shango's version of the shoulderbreaker seemed pretty nasty too, I thought.

I always liked the scissor kick as a finish, don't know why. Both Booker T's and Bull Buchanan's versions seemed like they'd put someone away.

Does anyone do any kind of variant of the Acid Drop/Dudley Dog? I always liked that.

• Paid Members

I never liked the shoulder breaker as a finisher. Even as a kid I thought, "He's only hurt your fucking shoulder, get up!"

As the lead-in to a submission hold, it would work much better.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

I always liked the scissor kick as a finish, don't know why. Both Booker T's and Bull Buchanan's versions seemed like they'd put someone away.

Former TWC legend Meiko Satomura lamping people with her knee step variant, the Scorpion Rising, is always a treat too. Buy that as a KO.

• Paid Members
On 8/26/2018 at 5:48 PM, scratchdj said:

I think they could do another Chris Masters and get an old submission over with someone.

I’ve always really liked the Cobra Clutch, particularly when used by Debiase.

Throw in some theatrics, build it up and you’ve got something new from something old. I’d say give it to a heel Strowman at some point and let him thrash people about like a rag doll.

Remember when Strowman first showed up and they had him using a lifting chokehold submission? I thought that always looked brilliant, opponents were indeed thrashing about like rag dolls before falling unconscious. I don't know why they stopped him using it, but I guess he doesn't need it as a babyface.

2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Papa Shango's version of the shoulderbreaker seemed pretty nasty too, I thought.

Does anyone do any kind of variant of the Acid Drop/Dudley Dog? I always liked that.

Isn’t Brian Kendrick’s finisher basically this? Sliced Bread No 2 isn’t it? 

Archived