UFC São Paulo: Santos vs Anders - Sep 22

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Yeah, mine too. The schedule is just too overwhelming at times, especially when you have the boxing mixed in. Sometimes you just have to pick and choose what you can fit in.

One other issue i find personally with UFC's im still in the mindset that i have to watch a whole main card rather than maybe just watching a main event or a co main event. Anyone else the same? 

• Paid Members

Yeah it's difficult to get out of that mindset, I feel like I've missed something if I don't try to watch the whole main card and the interesting looking prelims. However this past few months with a lot of these FS1 Fight Night's/Fight Pass shows, I'll watch the whole main card if I have plenty of time, and the interesting looking fights on the prelims. If I find I'm pushed for time and only have half an hour or an hour to catch up on everything then I'll watch the co-main and the main event and select something from the undercard that might really interest me, time permitting. Then I'll go to the results after that and if there's anything that sounds like it stood out, then I'll go back and watch in a couple of days. If I didn't miss anything then I'll have saved myself a snooze feature fight, that had no stairs attached. 

This Brazil card for example, it was the main event, co-main and that was it with regards full fights, and then I saw the clips of Trinaldo's knee on Evan Dunham. 

It does help that I pretty much skip right to the beginning of the fight for almost all fights. The amount of filler on FS1 Cards is comparative to the amount on Raw every week. Bell to bell fight time is a small fraction of the duration of the show. 

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

If I didn't miss anything then I'll have saved myself a snooze feature fight, that had no stairs attached.

Yeah I prefer my fights with stairs attached too. Can't be arsed with all the bungalow fights. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah I prefer my fights with stairs attached too. Can't be arsed with all the bungalow fights. 

😂 Well done Wand. Another instance where proof reading would have been of a benefit! Should have been "stakes". I think I've been reviewing too many matches on the wrestling side of the forum that involve copious amounts of action involving the steel stairs!

• Paid Members

Haha I knew what you meant Al. Was just reverting to my default silly twat mode. 

I agree with your point by the way. I've found myself skimming through some fights these days. If you'd asked me 10 years ago, I never would've thought the day would come where I'd be skipping through fights, sometimes several, on a card but there's just so much of it now that you almost have to cherry pick to some degree. There'll always be the cards where I watch the lot, the Miocic vs Cormier show in July for example, but on the whole I just very rarely have the time to devote 5/6 hours of my Sunday to watching MMA. 

But then, like you, I usually read the reports of the fights I skipped and if they sound good and worth the time I go back to them. Like the Augusto Sakai vs Chase Sherman fight on this card. I skipped it. Just couldn't be arsed and I'm still mentally recovering from Sakai's rotten Bellator fight with Kongo. I went back to it though. Was a fun, sloppy heavyweight brawl to be fair. Sherman's been in a few slobberknockers now.

Archived