I heartily endorse this event or product

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Does anyone here remember the infomercials that used to be on satellite in the 1990's when Eurosport closed down for the night, as well as sharing time with the German TV channel Vox in the mornings? I think the Eurosport one was called Quantum and the one on Vox was Sell A Vision. Two presenters I remember from the clips that were regularly shown were an English man with a bow tie that often demonstrated kitchen products and another who seemed to be some fitness guru selling exercise and gym equipment, all filmed in the USA with several audio feeds available in dubbed German, Dutch and French I think with phone numbers to purchase appearing for about 20 different countries afterwards.

8 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

I was thinking about that the other day.I think you may refer to "Amazing Discoveries". I had a strange obsession with Didi Seven on it

I would watch that show for hours.  Even watching the same episode over and over and marvel at the juicers and the most efficient way to paint a wall without using a roller or a paint brush...Plus Mike Levey used to wear some straight up ballin jumpers. (may he rest in peace)

• Awards Moderator
On 8/27/2018 at 10:44 PM, PJ Power said:

an English man with a bow tie

Wally Emerson-Nash. So many of his phrases stick barnacle-like to my memory. 

"Hand-hammered woks from the People's Republic of China" 

"the kitchen towel - the quicker picker-upper" 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Wally Emerson-Nash. So many of his phrases stick barnacle-like to my memory.  

"Hand-hammered woks from the People's Republic of China" 

"the kitchen towel - the quicker picker-upper" 

Actually that wasn't him I was thinking of. A little bit of searching on the web has nailed his name down as John Parkin whom according to Wikipedia was from Newcastle working as a department store salesman that was approached to be a pitchman in the US in the 1980s and did a number of infomercials under the "Amazing Discoveries" series.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Parkin_(infomercial_presenter)

• Moderators
22 hours ago, PJ Power said:

Actually that wasn't him I was thinking of. A little bit of searching on the web has nailed his name down as John Parkin whom according to Wikipedia was from Newcastle working as a department store salesman that was approached to be a pitchman in the US in the 1980s and did a number of infomercials under the "Amazing Discoveries" series.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Parkin_(infomercial_presenter)

Like I said earlier on? I don't even have to watch this to know that Astonish is similar to DiDi Seven. Because I used to sit through the fucker when the Lifestyle Channel ended and beofre they shown dirty videos like "Hello" by Twinkle on the Video Jukebox 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Like I said earlier on?

"King Of Informercials"

True 'dat.

• Moderators

Best one was Total Gym XLI, it;d be on DSF after World of Wrestling, RTL II would be shite, nothing on VOX, Freeview is over, needs must so back to DSF, but Christie Brinkley would be in a two piece working out her core, and I'd be edging. Getting there. Getting ther, GETTING THERE... FUCK, CHUCK ARSING NORRIS!!!!!

On 8/27/2018 at 3:42 PM, Keith Houchen said:

I worked in a video warehouse when I was younger (what were they all about eh? not videos, jobs) and one of the titles which always caught my eye was a video of first songs for a toddler.  It was presented by Suzi Quatro and the look on her face was pure "People used to wank over me in my leather catsuit and now I'm reduced to singing this shite"  I have never seen any of the actual footage.

Until now.

What the actual fuck!  Had you not found footage I'd never have believe this.  That really is bizarre.

Archived