Bare Knuckle Thread šŸ‘ŠšŸ»

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Thatā€™s another thing, isnā€™t the ring a circle in this bare knuckle fed? Canā€™t be arsed to check back but Iā€™m sure the Lobov vs Knight fight was in a circle shaped ring. If itā€™s the same here then that could be another thing that throws Paulie off. Heā€™s been so cocky throughout this whole buildup that a win here is a foregone conclusion but thereā€™s a few factors here that could fuck him up. For all Artemā€™s shortcomings heā€™s younger, he is tough and durable and he has decent power. On top of that, the shape of the ring could mean Paulie really struggles to manoeuvre his way around like heā€™s always been used to in the old square boxing ring.Ā Ā 

2 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

Has he been saying all this for months?

Yeah heā€™s been spouting it in some form for a while, Jim. Heā€™s just upped it since this fight was signed. Even by boxing/MMA standards IĀ find the whole ā€˜boxing deathsā€™ thingĀ a weird and reallyĀ low angle to take to promote a fight.Ā 

• Paid Members

Yeh its a circular ring, with an inner circle marked on the canvas. Fighters are encouraged to stay in the inner circle or risk a loss of pay for not engaging. Its controversial but part of the gimmick, the promoter David FeldmanĀ docked someone in ring post-fight for running last time (which was harsh), it recieved a lot of backlash and Feldman has since apologised for doing it the way he did. It kind of shit on any plan Paulie has to stick and move though.

bare-knuckle-fc-ring.jpg?w=1000&h=667

• Paid Members

if anyones planning on watching the undercard, keep an eye out for Randall Bailey. Hes 44 years old but hes crossing over from boxing as well, Bailey usually shows up on 'hardest punchers in boxing' lists, 37 ko's from 46 wins. Dangerous bloke.

• Paid Members

I havenā€™t even watched anything of the post-fight fallout, interviews etc yet. But Paulie acting surprised when it was scored for Artem made me laugh. If Paulie wouldā€™ve got that decision it wouldā€™ve been way harsh. Aside from a solidĀ second round with the jab work and a close third, he didnā€™t do much at all. IĀ had it the same as the judges. 48-47 Lobov. Paulieā€™s game just isnā€™t suited to this, IMO. His style needs time to take effect in a fight and the 5 quick 2 minute rounds donā€™t really allow for that. On top of that his age, inactivity, lack of power andĀ brittle hands canā€™t have helped. Bare Knuckle is all about the damage and I thought it was clear that Artem was doing more damage for more of the fight. Not just the cuts, because Artem was bleeding too, but I thought he was landing the heavier and cleaner shots for the bulk of the fight.Ā 

Was a bit surprised Paulie was all buddy buddy with Artem after the fight ended, and even touched gloves a few times during the fight. People can say ā€˜hyping a fightā€™ but the shit he was saying the last few months went beyond that.Ā 

If Paulie's idea was to try and work his way to a McG bout then it's backfired completely. Can you imagine being a professional level boxer, former world champion, and someone who gets paid to critique fights on international television who then gets handily beaten in a standup fight with a guy who isn't even batting .500 in MMA?

The fallout will be terrific, as we all know Malignaggi won't leave it as is. He'll continually be wound up by it.

Him saying in his post-fight interview that he never even got hit really, as his eyebrow flaps all over the shop every time he blinked was hilarious.Ā 

Paulie was ever only really top ten fringe level fighter at best. Anytime he fought someone decent like Cotto or Hatton he would get hit and go into survival mode. His best performance was probably against Senchenko or Broner (where he lost again), and came across as a bit pathetic in the post match interview.Ā 

Paulie tried to treat this like a boxing match, but the fact is after the first two rounds, even with all his experience he still couldnt use his footwork to avoid getting caught by a novice boxer.Ā 

I didnt see the post match interviews but i hope somehow he can put this whole debacle behind him and not rise to interviewers questions on it and find some tranquility in himself. He needs to realise just because he is an Italian American, he is not a badass gangster, he needs to realise just because he won a couple of world titles he was never truly a world class elite fighter and he needs to realise heā€™s never getting a money fight against Mcgregor.Ā 

Ā 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, David said:

The only thing that's come of this carry-on is even more belief that if he were to fight McGregor in a boxing match, there's a chance he could actually lose.Ā 

Yeah heā€™s just fucked himself more by doing this. I still donā€™t buyĀ that McGregor wrecked him when they sparred because if they were sitting onĀ footage of McGregor smashing PaulieĀ (more than the 14Ā seconds or whateverĀ they did put out) theyā€™d have released it by now. But this thing last night will just further convince people that McGregor mustā€™ve spankedĀ him if a Russian midgetĀ who canā€™t reach his own cock beat him. Heā€™s almost a victim of his own mouth here. He talked so much that he was never going to deliver on his promises/threats. Now he looks even more of a berk. A world champion boxer who gets paid to analyse fights by both Showtime in the States and Sky over here...and heā€™s losing to a little T-Rex armed munchkin with a 13-15-1-1 MMA record.Ā 

Ā 

• Paid Members

It was a decent enough fight, i dont think anyone could argue with the 48-47 verdict, i thought Paulie was on his way to winning round 3 but Artem stole it when he landed the left hand that staggered Paulie backwards.Ā Paulie did make him miss a lot but landing odd flicking left hands weren't gonna win him them rounds, it is a shame his right hand went though in round 2Ā because it would have been a better fighter it hadn't.

Not got into the backlash yet but i imagine there's a lot of it. Paulie wont let it go, but he made his bed...

Ā 

Edited by Egg Shen