Bare Knuckle Thread πŸ‘ŠπŸ»

Egg Shen

On 10/6/2021 at 3:27 PM, Carbomb said:

It's basically the UFC at its very beginning. At some point, BK is going to have to evolve into a "legit" sport in terms of frameworks, if the promoters don't want to get shut down or legislated against.

It can't though, because if it evolves it basically becomes an MMA promotion. It loses its USP. Let's not kid ourselves, it sells itself on being ultra-violent and an arena where serious damage can be done to fighters.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, David said:

It can't though, because if it evolves it basically becomes an MMA promotion. It loses its USP. Let's not kid ourselves, it sells itself on being ultra-violent and an arena where serious damage can be done to fighters.

Yeh, I thought as much. I figured that, if there was any way they could do it, it'd be via the "extreme sports" route, whereby it keeps something of its USP but still has safety frameworks in place to prevent accidents like the above. But the issue there is that most extreme sports are individuals risking themselves, whereas combat sports are about two people damaging each other.

EDIT: It also occurs that the thing about extreme sports is that they're portrayed as fun, whilst it would probably be considered a bit macabre and morbid to portray a combat sport like that.

Edited by Carbomb

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

got a generic code emailed to me to get a free month on the BKFC app. If you do it now you'll get the two November PPV shows within the 30 days. Pretty decent, the code is FREE30 if anyone wants to take advantage.

Β 

Β 

6 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

got a generic code emailed to me to get a free month on the BKFC app. If you do it now you'll get the two November PPV shows within the 30 days. Pretty decent, the code is FREE30 if anyone wants to take advantage.

You know what, Ebb? If it still works I'll give it a go. I've never been one for dismissing something without really watching it and giving it a chance, so I'll give it the two PPV shows and make a final decision. Whats the link to the app or site?

EDIT: Coupon is invalid apparently.

Edited by David

• Paid Members

i used the code earlier on today, so it should work. I run the BKFC app through my fire stick.

Try this:

https://watch.bareknuckle.tv/redeem/coupon?code=FREE30

here's the 2 events in November...

20211030_163235.thumb.jpg.1edde0bb9d8565e7425c49fbfc3db6e1.jpg

1fe2ec85-BKFC22---Miami-1920x1080-2-(Oct2021).jpeg.thumb.jpg.aabbd656bc39bc32c497121695fd6371.jpg

I was wrong in my initial post, only the Lombard/Hunt show is an actual PPV (which is alsoΒ included as part of the free app subscription) The show on November 6th is part of the new Fight Night series. If you are only gonnna go with one show, go with the November 12th PPV.

Β 

• Paid Members

@Daviddunno if you took advantage of the free month but BKFC 22 is tonight (not Saturday as stated in my previous post).

20211112_212723.thumb.jpg.9bb0abdf06dde98e4b9ae1592f3741d1.jpg

got my eye on the top half of the card.

The two title fights will be great, Lombard/Hunt should be bananas.

Few notables on the undercard, Mike Kyle! one of the original badboys of MMA is there as is Conor's ol' mate Marcus Brimage.

On 11/12/2021 at 9:58 PM, Egg Shen said:

@Daviddunno if you took advantage of the free month but BKFC 22 is tonight (not Saturday as stated in my previous post).

20211112_212723.thumb.jpg.9bb0abdf06dde98e4b9ae1592f3741d1.jpg

got my eye on the top half of the card.

The two title fights will be great, Lombard/Hunt should be bananas.

Few notables on the undercard, Mike Kyle! one of the original badboys of MMA is there as is Conor's ol' mate Marcus Brimage.

I didn't, I forgot all about it. Been a super-busy weekend.

Slightly obscure fact: I've trained with Marcus Brimage. He wasn't all that great on the ground (much better than me obviously, and he was probably going easy on the pale Scottish guy), but his hands and footwork were amazing, and considering he wasn't a top UFC guy, that makes you wonder how good the very top guys actually are.

• Paid Members

ahh as far as BKFC shows go, you probably missed the best show far in terms of seeing bare knuckle done well. The fights were heated but technical, and all of the main card fights were very competitive aside from one.Β 

The top end of the roster is really good now, the Champions feel like BKFC fighters now rather than random washed up boxers and MMA fighters giving it a go because they have no other options. Luis Palomino in particular comes off like a bit of a star, hes found his niche.

Cool little tidbit about Brimage too @David. He looked really good in BKFC. Sticking and moving, and great footwork. It aint all about brute strength and aggression. Brimage came away with a draw because he lost a point for getting dropped in round 4 but it was good to see him in there.

oh, and Pearl Gonzalez 😍

Edited by Egg Shen