Bare Knuckle Thread 👊🏻

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Less than a weekout from Knucklemania III. It's like a pound shop Wrestlemania but it is the promotion's big show of the year. Decent card they've put together too. I'd imagine the Diego Sanchez debut is going to be the talking point for all the wrong reasons. A few years ago i'd have said he was made for bareknuckle but it does feel uncomfortable seeing him debut at this stage.  Again though, if you are gonna dip in or watch any Bare Knuckle show I suppose this is the one to watch.

BKFC_KnuckleMania_3_-_Website_1800x685_(Dec2022).thumb.jpg.cf8bc9d04cf79ecfdfa3a931254170d5.jpg

Main Card:

Lorenzo Hunt vs. Mike Richman - Light Heavyweight Title

Diego Sanchez vs. Austin Trout

John Dodson vs. Jarod Grant

Greg Hardy Jr. vs. John Watson

Jayme Hinshaw vs. Charisa Sigala

Wil Santiago vs. Noah Cutter

Gaston Reyno vs. Daniel Vansickle

Joshua Moreno vs. Christian Torres 

Chevvy Bridges vs. Kevin Croom

They'll probably stick some good promotional material up in the week, i'll share some if i come across it. I'll be prioritising this one next weekend over the UFC Apex show.

• Paid Members

Fancy BKFC graphic is here. Anyone eles gonna give this a try? 

Its a sad day though when you are looking forward more to a BKFC show than a UFC show.

The bookies have Diego Sanchez as a 9/1 underdog against Trout if you fancy a crazy flutter...

20230217_082836.thumb.jpg.d2b4a0a066d1619de5a0822ea231b1ac.jpg

• Paid Members

Diego is up for if nothing else. 9/1 is mental in BKFC, so much can go wrong for a fighter. Its gotta be worth a punt.

I don't expect the Greg Hardy fight to more than 30 seconds. He's in agonst a guy who's never fought past 2 minutes win or lose. He's gonna hit the deck the first time Hardy lands.

Edited by Egg Shen

There was a lovely super slo mo replay of the Hardy KO used a little later in the show. Dub some classical music over it, and it would be considered a work of art.

Diego was so far out of his depth, it was scary. A complete mis match, as evidenced by the state of his face at the end of the fight. Trout, to be fair, looked superb, and picked him apart without taking any damage. And on that subject, the fight stats said Diego landed 45 punches in the fight, compared to Trouts 65! If you saw the fight, theres no way anyone saw Diego land 45 punches, with a roughly 50% land rate. Nearly everythig he threw hit thin air.

Dodson looked pretty good too. The end was a little strange. It certainly wasnt a massive Dodson bomb that landed, so for that fairly lacklusture punch to end the fight was a bit strange.

Just polished off the main event too, which was really fun. Hunt gets hit with a bomb and then barely makes the 10 count. Richman immediately goes in for the kill and gets laid out cold by a Hunts first punch in the exchange. Crazy stuff!

Edited by Dai

• Paid Members

This was a barmy show. A stoppage in every fight, knockouts, comebacks, upsets, broken legs it was all in there.

The sport is never gonna be for everyone, there's times when i think it isn't for me but it's never dull. 

My prediction in the Hardy fight was abit off 😄 i thought poor Greg was going to cry after the first knockdown.

Diego was hopelessly outmatched. I did think if he could tie up and dirty box he might have success but it was apparent early that Trout was stronger there too. He had no shot after that, and as @Daisaid the punch stats were way off.

20230222_095207.thumb.jpg.ac1ff4aa354013f9e3d14db8b64a1f12.jpg

The actual main event was a couple of minutes of bedlam, and basically ties up the comeback/ko of the year in one go. If that punch hadn't landed, Richman wins that fight all day, Hunt was done. That was the ultimate hail mary.

23 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Diego was hopelessly outmatched. I did think if he could tie up and dirty box he might have success but it was apparent early that Trout was stronger there too. He had no shot after that, and as @Daisaid the punch stats were way off.

I'm knocking you directly here Ebb, more the general fans and audience on socials, but the fact we've reached the stage where people actually believe a bang-average MMA fighter with rudimentary stand-up can even come close to competing with a guy who has spent 17 years boxing, is a multiple time world title challenger, WBA regular title holder and faced the likes of Cotto, Canelo, Lara, Charlo etc is absolute insanity.

And to make matters worse, you then tell said high-level boxer to fight the MMA dude with no gloves?

Match-ups like that are going to end up with someone being killed. That's what it's going to take to put this shit to bed.

• Paid Members

then how do you explain Artem Lobov beating Paulie Malignaggi? 

I'm joking, but it looks like we'll get to see someone else having a pop at it because it sounds like Trout will fight Luis Palomino next for the BKFC belt. 

Back to the Sanchez fight, Diego's been on one since the fight claiming that Trout was greasing his shoulders and neck to prevent Diego from fighting him from the clinch. The evidence out there is pretty damning, whether or not it's purely against the rules i'm unsure of but it happened. Don't know if anything will come of it, Diego wants the result overturned, let's not hope they do a rematch.

• Paid Members

I must admit, I do think it's odd that people treat BK like it's a different sport to boxing, in the most significant ways, that is. 

Maybe they should just completely dispense with the hand wraps, then we'll go back to the old days of the pugilist stance, and mostly punches to the body.