Bare Knuckle Thread ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿป

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah saw that earlier. Iโ€™m not that into Bare Knuckle but some of these weird signings are just weird enough to grab my interest. Buakaw in BK is such a random thing Iโ€™m gonna have to give it a look. His style doesnโ€™t exactly lend itself to the BK rules though, taking his kicks and knees away is like throwing prime Wanderlei Silva out there but banning the Thai clinch. They must be throwing some decent money about?ย 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

BKFC London on Saturday. I'm not sure how BKFC have done at the box office, with MVP's involvment they've probably done alright but going up against PFL in town and the AJ/Usyk fight on TV isn't ideal. Still, BKFC have put together a good card here:

FaO5g58XoAEePY7.thumb.jpg.993b54be8e51b181f993bb468e02d880.jpg

First off, the Paige VanZant fight is off and has been rescheduled for a later date.ย 

Outside of that, everything in that top half of fights has my attention. Good mix of MMA vets, pro boxers and guys who have made a name for themselves primarily as bare knuckle fighters.ย 

The main event is the draw though. Think it might be the most intriguing fight BKFC have ever put on. I stand by initial thoughts though that I think it may not deliver. There's is absolutely zero chance that MVP goes in there to trade shots with Mike Perry, he's gonna be sticking and moving all night long. It's on whether or not Perry has the movement and ring smarts to cut him off and do damage.

The show is streaming live on the BKFC app (I run it through a Firestick). There's promotions going around for a free month too so you can watch it for zip, here's one if you are interested:

299150579_10221534445050495_3484341374141566490_n.thumb.jpg.8302ec80afa71fa90ce6cfe6a1f25c5e.jpg

ย 

• Egg Shen changed the title to Bare Knuckle Thread ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿป (MVP vs. Perry - August 20th)

I caught the main event on a stream. MVP won easily. Then they somehow judged it a draw and "we must do one more round".ย  It seemed obviously setup and total BS. MVP was totally gassed and Perry won the extra round. So won ? Sort of.

ย 

If this main event was supposed to sell me on bare knuckle it didn't do a great job.

I thought MVP won easily as well,ย  but rewatched it,ย  and Perry did have quite a bit of success, so wasn't as bad as I first thought. I think the damage MVP was able to inflict with his punches sort of skews the success Perry was having.ย 

Thought it was a cracking fight, too.ย  Exactly what most people were expecting. That sixth round shows how crazy BK can be.ย  MVP's face was looking untouched after five whole rounds, and then by the end of the sixth,ย  his eye was all swollen and his nose was messed up too.ย  Shows you how gruelling BK can be.ย 

• Paid Members

Finally caught up. I thought the extra round was justified. Gave Perry rounds 1 & 5, MVP 2, 3 & 4...but the 10-8 round in round 1 made it a draw.

MVP got through pretty unscathed until that 6th round though, then he just got brutalised. Perry did horrible amounts of damage in that one round.

The show like all BKFC was hit and miss. Connor Tierney and James Lilly showed how Bare Knuckle boxing is meant to look. The rest was usual mismash of brawls and several guys who really had no business being in there.

There was nowhere near 6000 people in there as they were saying either.

• Egg Shen changed the title to Bare Knuckle Thread ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿป
  • Paid Members

For no better reason than they all seem to sport facial and neck tattoos, I reckon Jessica Rose Clark is going to end up in BKFC when she finally gets cut by the UFC.