Bare Knuckle Thread ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿป

Egg Shen

Watched this this morning. You know what, this is a weird fucking company and sport. It really can be hit and miss but if you take it in the way it's supposed to be taken then it can be quite enjoyable.

Some of the fights were bum, but some were fucking brutal, the perry vs lane fight was fucking none stop they weren't stopping unless they were out cold, agreed with the decision.

Main event was also pretty good, fairly one sided I thought but still they both went in and fought there asses off for that belt. The post fight interview was quite touching and emotional with him bringing in the kid that fought leukemia and handed him his own custom belt.

Few other decent fights sprinkled throughout the card. If you have a interest or nothing else to do I would recommend it

Mendes still has (PED enhanced) dynamite in his hands. He certainly wasn't shy in using it in R2. Lucky he connected at the 10th time in trying, as surely he would have been gassed later in the fight with all the bombs he was throwing.

I was only interested in this and the Perry fight, and both were worth a watch if you can track them down. Perry looked fairly solid in this, considering it was his first BK fight. The main and the women's match seemed dull even in 4x speed.ย 

• Paid Members

did either of you watch this on the BKFC app and find the picture quality really shit? the last New York show was similar, before that show it was great. Its like they forgot to switch on the HD ๐Ÿ˜„

Show was good. I watched from the Uly Diaz fight onwards.

Perry/Lane was FOTN. I had it a draw, had Lane winning 3 rounds to 2 but the knockdown evened it out. Perry started great but faded in the last 2 rounds, id fancy Mike Richman to bust Perry up pretty bad in BKFC. Still, this delivered.

20220221_230234.thumb.jpg.9df2ef6a8fd9519a891772073eb482c4.jpg

Chad Mendes tore up the script when it comes to how to fight bare knuckle. He was throwing haymakers. I think it stopped Famez from doing anything, and Mendes was so fast he couldnt counter anything. Cracking debut from Mendes, i hope he sticks around.

The main event was disappointing. They rightfully stuck the title fight on top but it was a letdown after the 3 fights before it. Martin Brown couldn't get going but I was happy to see Palomino win again.

Undercard highlight was Gustavo Trujillo who looks like a monster. Every show BKFC has one guy buried on the card who just murks some poor guy.ย 

Jesus.
Edited by Egg Shen

• 1 month later...
  • Egg Shen changed the title to Bare Knuckle Thread ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿป
  • 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I can't believe no one has picked up on this BUT there was a BKFC show on last night/this morningย 

And making his debut was the man formally known as Jack Gallagherย 

Crazy how they keep saying he's Ex-WWE and don't mention why he's no longer there. Wouldn't surprise me that Bare knuckle company is full of dodgy lot and easy to launder money.

• Paid Members
On 5/7/2022 at 6:28 AM, Kfogg1991 said:

I can't believe no one has picked up on this BUT there was a BKFC show on last night/this morningย 

And making his debut was the man formally known as Jack Gallagherย 

yeah, ive fallen off the last few shows, just too much happening.

On 5/7/2022 at 7:04 AM, Stop the pigeon said:

Crazy how they keep saying he's Ex-WWE and don't mention why he's no longer there.

Why would they do that? They're his new promoters, paying him a chunk of change to fight for their company. They won't be looking to bury him on his first PPV!

14 hours ago, David said:

Why would they do that? They're his new promoters, paying him a chunk of change to fight for their company. They won't be looking to bury him on his first PPV!

So let's put Gary Glitter and John Leslie on a Prime time show on ITV and no one say a thing.

12 hours ago, Stop the pigeon said:

So let's put Gary Glitter and John Leslie on a Prime time show on ITV and no one say a thing.

First of all, he was throwing hands at a bare-knuckle fighting event being held at the Caribe Royale in Orlando. A "Caribbean-inspired convention hotel" that has a bunch of reviews where guests complain about a lack of towels and toilet roll.

I'd hardly call that prime-time.

And second, it's a fucking bare-knuckle boxing company. If you're expecting them to "do the right thing" and make sure their audience of boozed-up, overweight hicks in Tapout and Affliction wear areย cognizant of Claffey's background then you're likely going to be waiting a while.

Even if they did, do you think the audience would care? Do you think 'roided up Chas who's just downed a six-pack and squeezed his bloated torso into a Tapout shirt he wore to watch Chuck Liddell in a UFC main event back in the day when UFC was real and didn't pander to women is going to walk out in disgust upon finding out Claffey is a wrong 'un?

Taking your comparison, this is the equivalent of Gary Glitter or John Leslie appearing on stage at The Britannia in Fuengirola in front of 13 people and a cat.

Claffey has went from performing for one of the biggest entertainment companies on the planet to looking like a homeless Mick Hucknall who's been mugged.ย 

spacer.png

ย