Bare Knuckle Thread 👊🏻

Egg Shen

I've heard it's for a one & done fight with Lobov. Paulie probably saw how Conor reacted to Khabib slapping Lobov in the head and figures if he absolutely mauls McG's best pal in a fight he'll piss him off enough to get that boxing match he's been wanting for a while.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

decent amount of interest surrounding BKFC tomorrow night. Probablt the most talked about bare knuckle show to date, lots of UFC vets on it. 

BKFC-5---Site-Header---Artem-Lobov-vs-Ja

https://www.bjpenn.com/bare-knuckle-boxing/bare-knuckle-boxing-championship/bkfc-5-fight-card-and-start-time/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

How is Artem going to be good to go again in 2 months? I can't see any way he can have those cuts and the scar tissue fully healed up.

Gave some of Knight-Artem a look and it's too brutal for me. WTF is Paulie thinking, unless he's getting 7 figures he shouldn't be in a position where this makes sense financially given he's arguably the most in-demand boxing analyst on both sides of the Atlantic.

• Paid Members

Yeah it seems optimistic doesn’t it? I get them wanting to strike while it’s hot but announcing it right after the fight, without even knowing the extent of Artem’s injuries, seems way too soon. The facial injuries probably look worse than they actually are and will no doubt heal up relatively quickly (unless there’s something we don’t know yet like a broken orbital or jaw etc) but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if his hands are in bits today. Can see them having to delay the Paulie fight a few months to maybe late summer. 

In the few bits I’ve seen lately, Paulie is looking lighter. He’s dropped some of that puppy fat and the double chin. Certainly looks trimmer than he did around the time of the McGregor sparring. Mad thing is, as shit as Artem was in MMA and as much as Paulie would absolutely embarrass him in a regular Boxing match, I don’t know, doing it bare knuckle seems more down Artem’s alley. I still expect Paulie to beat him. It’s still basically Boxing and Paulie is way superior in that field. But if Artem was ever going to somehow beat a boxer like Paulie, it’d be by them removing the gloves and him landing a haymaker. Of course, landing that haymaker on a crafty, slippery little fucker like Paulie is way easier said than done but if anyone’s chances are improved by it being bare knuckle, it’s Artem. 

Still, Paulie should win. And I hope he does. As exciting as Artem vs Knight was, I can’t be doing with Conor’s man slave. And if Paulie somehow loses, the McGregor worshippers will be even more unbearable. If you can imagine that.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Yeh its straight boxing with no gloves, 5 x 2 minute rounds. They are allowed to hold and punch until broken up though.

The fight was ridiculous. Ive watched a couple of BK shows now and fights are more strategic than you may think, theres a lot of shot picking and people not unleashing full power due to the potential for hand injuries, the other fights on the card showed it. Lobov/Knight ripped up that rulebook and was just a full-on war. Given that BKFC is only gonna ever draw a certain niche crowd they couldnt have hoped for a better fight than this, it was brutal and tough to watch but if thats what the appeal is.

As for Paulie. I dont like his chances, he probably think he'll stay on the outside and pick shots but Lobov is so tough and takes so many chances i cant help but see him bust Paulie up and stop him early. 

Paulies hands are pretty fragile as well. I imagine (if it happens), Paulie will be slipping and sliding trying to avoid a slugfest for the whole fight. Paulie is a tough cookie though but doesnt carry any type of power at all. Its a strange move by Paulie, the money must be good. I imagine a meltdown looms if he loses. He’ll have to stop all is Connor bashing as well. I imagine Mcgregor will be trolling him as well. 

Edited by Porkchopcash

• Paid Members

Paulie wouldnt be doing it if the money wasn't worth his while so id imagine they've wrote him a pretty sweet cheque.

Did anyone see the thing about the promoter docking a fighter half of his purse for failing to engage too? he docked him in ring as soon as the fight finished, its caused a bit of a stir and came off as pretty degrading for the fighter involved. If you notice there's an inner circle in their ring and fighters are told they need to attempt to stay in the inner circle or risk getting docked money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

He’s not even taking it that seriously either. I saw two interviews with him this week where he was stuffing his face with pizza and drinking full fat coke. I know the fight is still around 8 weeks away but you don’t usually see that when a guy has a fight coming up. He also said he wanted the fight at 155 instead of 145 because ‘why would I make this camp hard on myself? I’m fighting a bum.’ 

4 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

He’s not even taking it that seriously either. I saw two interviews with him this week where he was stuffing his face with pizza and drinking full fat coke. I know the fight is still around 8 weeks away but you don’t usually see that when a guy has a fight coming up. He also said he wanted the fight at 155 instead of 145 because ‘why would I make this camp hard on myself? I’m fighting a bum.’ 

I think he may be underestimating the whole thing. This isn't a boxing match, it's a fucking gypsy fight. He'll realise what kind of trouble he's in when he gets cracked in the face for the first time.

The thing for me is that despite Lobov being a knob, he's already shown that he's tough as nails. He can take those shots and keep coming. Can Paulie? Does he even want to at this stage?