Bare Knuckle Thread 👊🏻

Egg Shen

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

Well they’re 1-1 now. I can see VanZant vs Ostovich 3 going down in Bellator at some point. Fuck it. Either against Valerie Loureda would get the Quagmire’s tuning in, baby wipes at the ready, as well.

How was the fight? I’ve only seen little snippets on Twitter but it looked kind of fun if you’re expectations were realistic going in. They looked like they were going for it anyway. Paige didn’t take the loss well, did she?

Has she got a legitimate gripe with the decision or is she just being a sulky baby? All the bits I saw it looked like Ostovich was giving her a bit of a hiding but you obviously can’t score a fight off gifs and 10 second clips. 

Whole fight is here for the moment, I thought she was out landed the whole fight. I don't think anyone is even calling it for VanZant let alone a robbery. She put up a good fight though and it's worth a watch.

After the Lombard incident last time, there was another brawl at this event too after the Blue Face fight. Makes them come across as really bush league when it happens.

Velazquez/Herrera was a really uncomfortable watch, I thought. Miragliota had a mare reffing it. He allowed it to go on way too long for a start. The worst thing he did, was when Velazuez got hit with two illegal shots after he shouted break three times, he gave him no time to recover, even though one of those punches knocked him down. Shocking, and actually dangerous reffing.

Starling/Robb was crazy, and reminded of the Vitor beatdown of Wanderlei from way back.

Van Zant clearly lost. She just doesnt have any power when its bare knuckle. It was an OK fight, but youre not missing much if you dont watch it.

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Dai said:

After the Lombard incident last time, there was another brawl at this event too after the Blue Face fight. Makes them come across as really bush league when it happens

Lombard almost went at it with Tyron Woodley rindside too on this show.

I listened to the BKFC podcast a few weeks ago and whilst a lot of people probably think they encourage it, Dave Feldman very much sounded like they dont want those incidents to happen as it hurts the promotion. He didnt sound happy about the Lombard/Hunt thing.

I missed this show in the end, watched the ufc and the boxing but im away for a few days so i read up. Bad break for Paige, not sure if she'll fight BKFC again after that.

BKFC is more my pace anyway:

20210726_111842.thumb.jpg.f998ffcd3e93610c9ddb15c862c7f588.jpg

Alan Belcher has been taking some shit by the looks of it. His tattoo is still amazing too.

On 7/25/2021 at 12:34 PM, Dai said:

After the Lombard incident last time, there was another brawl at this event too after the Blue Face fight. Makes them come across as really bush league when it happens.

As opposed to what? A respected, reputable organisation? It's a bunch of has-beens and never-were's throwing hands in a bareknuckle shitfest in the Florida State Fairgrounds.

It doesn't get more "bush league" than bareknuckle boxing. 

Edited by David

• Paid Members

Yeah to be fair, I think the general audience for bare knuckle wants it to be a bit grimey and dangerous and wrong. BKFC is the Rustlers burger of combat sports. It’s not good for you, it’s messy and you shouldn’t really be spending money on it as a grown man, but it’ll do to fill a gap if there’s no better option that Saturday night. 

19 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah to be fair, I think the general audience for bare knuckle wants it to be a bit grimey and dangerous and wrong. BKFC is the Rustlers burger of combat sports. It’s not good for you, it’s messy and you shouldn’t really be spending money on it as a grown man, but it’ll do to fill a gap if there’s no better option that Saturday night. 

On-demand replays of old episodes of Bullseye are always available. Or Minder. You'd never see Terry McCann resort to this bareknuckle nonsense, and he's a proven boxer who could hang with anyone on the shepherds Bush circuit.

• Paid Members

Hey it’s not my cup of tea either but it did give us Paulie Malignaggi losing to fucking Artem Lobov and then getting trolled into oblivion and crying about it. After all his bodybag talk as well. That shit was gold. 

• Egg Shen changed the title to Bare Knuckle Thread 👊🏻 (BKFC 20 - Aug 20th)
  • Paid Members
4 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Hey it’s not my cup of tea either but it did give us Paulie Malignaggi losing to fucking Artem Lobov and then getting trolled into oblivion and crying about it. After all his bodybag talk as well. That shit was gold. 

on the subject of Artem, he lost in the sandbag ring on Saturday, this shit hurts just watching it. He retired after the fight.

Edited by Egg Shen

I can't wait to see the return of Alan Belcher, he was a favourite of mine from when I first started watching UFC, he was always guaranteed to entertain. He has got him self into the shape of his life as well, going by his social media he is training non stop. I'd much rather see him compete in MMA but as that's not the case, BKFC will have to do and I will be tuning in.