Bare Knuckle Thread šŸ‘ŠšŸ»

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

@DavidĀ Yeah thatā€™s the feeling I get as well. I have no doubt that inĀ a boxing match Paulie would school him all day but like you say this is a different thing. I think heā€™s just thinking ā€˜well itā€™s boxing, just without glovesā€™ and heā€™s right of course. But when youā€™re aĀ retired boxer and you retired for a reason,Ā you were never a big puncher to begin withĀ and have had problems with your hands going back years, against a younger more powerful puncher with a solid chin...Ā it just doesnā€™t seem like the bestĀ move at this stage.Ā Ā 

Iā€™m still favouring him to win. I donā€™t think itā€™s going to look anything like the Jason Knight fight. But doing it bare knuckle, with the more relaxed rules,Ā just maximises Lobovā€™s chances for me.Ā 

I did see an interview where Paulie said heā€™s going to be doing some work at Longo MMA for this to help him out in any clinch situations and stuff, which doesnā€™t sound like a bad move but I donā€™t know how much time heā€™s going to spend there.Ā 

I can see there being real trouble at this event. Thereā€™s bad blood and thereā€™s already been the slapping incident. Paulie is also taking the low road in the promotion,Ā talking about putting Lobov in a coma. Heā€™s also beenĀ almost bragging that boxing has had more fatalities and serious injuries than MMA, and that heā€™s going to make Lobov go through what they did for his ā€˜disrespect to boxingā€™.Ā Iā€™ve found the whole thing really off-putting. On top of all that you just know fucking McGregor is going to turn up. Itā€™s a recipe for some real ugly scenes. I mean, look at the way the Khabib vs McGregor PPV ended and thatā€™s the biggest promotion in MMA with access to the best security and all that. And that brawl still happened. Then you look at a show like this and just imagineĀ the carnage and mayhemĀ thereā€™ll beĀ at some glorified pub carpark scrap in someĀ flea bitten barnyard in Arkansas or wherever this thing gets sanctioned?Ā 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

yeh, its gonna be a messy one. The whole saga behind it is what has me interested more than the actual fight, it aint for everyone buts its great drama.Ā I 100% agree that Paulie seems to underestimating Lobov though,Ā he's not a stupid man but i genuinely feel he thinks Lobov wont lay a fist him on him.

The co-main event for the show is Chris Leben/Brennan Ward which is guaranteed violence.Ā 

• Paid Members

I wouldnt have thought so, bare knuckle boxing is only regulated in 4 States so id imagine the laws and drug testing are pretty slack. Leben was jacked though, as was Chris Lytle when he fought for BKFC.

How long before someone is killed doing bare knuckle boxing? It's so fucking dangerous. Why Malignaggi is stooping to such a level is beyond me. Does he think that beating Lobov will entice McGregor to face him or something?

Insanity. Right up there with Creed coming out of retirement to face Drago.

• Paid Members

That has to be the end goal, even though im 99% sure it never happens.Ā Paulie's apparently getting 350k for the Lobov fight though which is good money for a 10 minute fight, especially when you seem to believe you are in no danger of losing or even taking any damage.

5 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

That has to be the end goal, even though im 99% sure it never happens.Ā Paulie's apparently getting 350k for the Lobov fight though which is good money for a 10 minute fight, especially when you seem to believe you are in no danger of losing or even taking any damage.

I feel disgusted with myself, but I'll be tuning in. And I feel even worse because I'll be rooting for the GOAT to crack Paulie on the chin and take the mantle of most talked about fighter on the planet from that fraud McG.

I fear for Paulies mental health if he loses this fight. IĀ like Malignagi and heā€™s a good boxing pundit but this whole Mcgregor thing has absolutely headfucked him, and by acting like he has made him look a right tool.

After the initial clip leaked of him getting ā€œknocked downā€ if heā€™d just laughed it off and said it was edited and left it there it would all be done with, but heā€™s bitched for two years about a 5 second clip of him Ā hetting put down. For what? To get his face smashed up in a bare knuckle boxing match and risk losing all his credibility? He must have a few quid from boxing and his analytical work as well. Ā 

• Paid Members
Just now, Porkchopcash said:

I like Malignagi and heā€™s a good boxing pundit but this whole Mcgregor thing has absolutely headfucked him, and by acting like he has made him look a right tool.

Ā 

i dont necessarily agree with that. Outside of maybe coming off as a little obsessed by the whole thing i still think Paulie talks a lot of sense when it comes to McGregor and the whole situation.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

i dont necessarily agree with that. Outside of maybe coming off as a little obsessed by the whole thing i still think Paulie talks a lot of sense when it comes to McGregor and the whole situation.Ā 

But any sense he's talked has been vastly overshadowed by his obsession with McGregor. It's gotten to a level where he's taking a bare knuckle boxing match in nowheres-ville USA against McG's pal to try and get a rise out of him.

There's no way he can come out of this looking good, and regardless of how it goes down it'll end with Conor mocking him on Twitter and making him even more angry.

Paulie either goes in and KO's Artem in seconds, which will have people saying "well, he's a pro boxer and Artem isn't even that good at MMA, never mind boxing, so what did we expect?" or God-forbid he gets taken into a war and comes out of it with his face messed up. Even if he wins, can you imagine what the general boxing industry are going to think of him? He'll be a laughing stock.

Someone who's an award-winning commentator and analyst for the likes of Sky Sports, Showtime and FOX Sports taking part in this kind of shit? McG should be paying the stupid fucker rent for the headspace he's taking up.

• Paid Members

I'm absolutely astonished anybody gives a fuck about this. I tuned out of the whole Paulie/McGregor/Lobov circus about five minutes after it all happened. The fact that it's still going on, and taking up large portions of airtime on every podcast going, completely amazes me. If you're interested in the pair of them fucking about and squabbling for another two years after this, more par to you, but personally I can't see the attraction.Ā 

Now, a juiced up Chris Leben fighting any warm body, and BKFC trying their damn hardest to entice Rumble Johnson in there to throw bungalows? You know, I'd probably watch that.Ā 

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, David said:

I'm assuming there's little to no drug testing involved? Leben looked jacked up to hell in his last fight, especially compared to his later UFC run.

Paulie just mentioned on his podcast that the event has VADA testing in place.