Bare Knuckle Thread 👊🏻

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Won’t be paying a bean for this car wreck but I’ll look up the main fights tomorrow. All four men in the top two fights look like they’ve been hitting the juice for this, which adds to the intrigue for me. Not a clue what to expect, to be honest. 

D287C762-2861-4A71-B0CE-C673C85ED2D1.jpeg

C9C4CD39-6847-41F4-A3B2-5E1839B7ADA0.jpeg

307E4F4E-4D6C-4BA5-8A34-B65C04C6D6B6.gif

• Paid Members

The only time I remember testing being a big talking point in BK was a few years ago when that Paulie Malignaggi vs Artem Lobov mess happened. And that was only because Paulie insisted on the testing and would only sign for the fight if there was drug testing. Of course he then went and lost anyway 😂

"Im going to be there till the fucking end. Bloody, broken, it doesnt matter, Im coming for your soul". Handsome Luke said this, but does anyone really believe him? 

As predicted, you shouldnt have. He was having reasonable success, but looked so fragile any time Perry hit him. As I thought, he wasnt there until the fucking end, and took out his mouthpiece and waved the white flag. I dont blame him at all. Take the cash, and never be seen in BK again.Just gutted I didnt chuck any money on Perry, as it played out exactly how I thought. Perry vs Cowboy Cerrone sounds like it would be fun too.

Mendes/Alvarez was a fun little match too. Eddie fits in perfectly for BK, and both guys did some good damage in this one. Entertaining scrap.

• Paid Members

This was a slam dunk for BKFC. I dunno how well it would have performed on PPV, but the actual night turned out pretty great.

Rockhold bowing out against Perry could have felt anti-climatic but I felt with the way Perry handled himself after, as well as having Conor McGregor milling around it made for a bit of a 'moment'. I don't blame Rockhold either, his mouth was all jacked up. The amount of damage that can be dished out in just a short space of time in this sport is crazy. Rockhold just said 'fuck this'.

BKFC could not have dreamt of a better ending to a show than this:

Fu_R9sraQAEDnBZ.thumb.jpg.ecbb4eb720360fd1a757aff2bac4b419.jpg

Eddie Alvarez/Chad Mendes had a cracking scrap, 4 knockdowns and pretty tactical. I thought Alvarez had blown it by getting knocked down in the last 10 seconds but he eeked it out. Eddie Alvarez seems made for BKFC even at the advanced stage of his career.

Best get used to this shit lads, I don't think it's gonna go away.

On 5/1/2023 at 7:04 PM, Egg Shen said:

Best get used to this shit lads, I don't think it's gonna go away.

Nope. As long as the UFC keeps pay down we'll see older fighters needing to do this to top up their pensions for when they're old and riddled with CTE.

In fairness rockhold spat his mouth piece out and absolutely threw the fight and gave up.

The aftermath of the main event was both incredible and depressing.

McGregor walking in with a belt he made and doing a face off that will never happen, all the while drinking whiskey out the bottle showing 0 signs of being prepared to go back in the testing pool to actually fight the fight that he's been booked for just showed a side to him that has now fully made me hate him. 

I feel fucking so sorry for Chandler he is never getting that fight this year that's for certain in my eyes 

12 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

In fairness rockhold spat his mouth piece out and absolutely threw the fight and gave up.

Are you actually being serious? He "threw the fight"? Look at his fucking face, man...

spacer.png

He couldn't bite down on his mouthpiece because his actual teeth were embedded in it. If you can't bite down on the mouthpiece you're at risk of having your jaw broken the next time a solid shot lands on your face. 

Absolutely insane claim to make.

• Paid Members

Yeah, once I saw the damage I had no complaints, he got messed up. I heard somewhere that Rockhold wore the wrong type of mouthguard which probably didn't help.

The McGregor thing after was a cracking piece of TV. Everyone knows it wont happen but it was entertaining. The circus was in full swing.

6 hours ago, David said:

Are you actually being serious? He "threw the fight"? Look at his fucking face, man...

spacer.png

He couldn't bite down on his mouthpiece because his actual teeth were embedded in it. If you can't bite down on the mouthpiece you're at risk of having your jaw broken the next time a solid shot lands on your face. 

Absolutely insane claim to make.

Oh fuck I've actually not seen that or heard anything apart from the claim he threw the fight however I'll happily admit I was wrong with that and he has done damage there, couldn't have happened to a nicer person like but still 

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, David said:

Nope. As long as the UFC keeps pay down we'll see older fighters needing to do this to top up their pensions for when they're old and riddled with CTE.

speaking of which...

this Friday, Roy Nelson fights in Gamebred MMA, full MMA rules but bareknuckle.

unnamed.jpg.fbc2603baafb1c0400df90b17d5db93f.jpg

Think the thing streams free on youtube, i'll chuck a link in when I see one.

• Egg Shen changed the title to Bare Knuckle Thread 👊🏻

Ive browsed through most of the show. The biggest influence, it seems, without having gloves on is that it makes submissions far easier to do. It adds a different dimension to the ground control and defence too by the looks of it. Could be an interesting thing going forward.

Id advise everyone to skip to the last 15 minutes and watch the Nelson fight, as it was alot of fun. Its amazing the success Big Country had at the elite level when you think hes a 6' heavyweight with a massive gut. His right hand may only be second to Francis in terms of power Id say. It landed in this fight too, and even in his mid 40s and bareknuckle, he sparks someone out cold. That thing is lethal.

• Paid Members

aye nice to see Nelson getting a win! That right of his became a blessing and a curse for him in a way. He didn't really discover it until his UFC run but once he did he all but abandoned everything else, led to some massive wins but also led to him taking some beatings down the years. Still, this was tidy to see.