Bare Knuckle Thread 👊🏻

Egg Shen

4 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

its an odd one. Im not sure why Hendricks has chosen this route. Im fairly certain he could still demand a decent MMA paycheque. 

I agree. He could probably still make waves in Bellator, especially if he's allowed to use an IV again in his weight cut. 

• Paid Members

Surely there’d have been a place for him in Bellator or maybe he could’ve even got some of that ONE money? There’s got to be an easier way to make a bigger paycheque than throwing down bareknuckle. 

And Baroni vs Leben doesn’t even get any poster space? 

• Paid Members

there is a poster with them on, i think they released a poster for each undercard fight.

Not an NFL fan but Shawn Merriman seems a pretty big deal in the sport so his inclusion may get the event some attention. Reading that he trained with the WWE for a while too.

• Paid Members

Johny Hendricks fall from grace continues, stopped in 2 round by MMA journeyman Dakota Cochrane...

Not seen Leben/Baroni but it was strange by all accounts with Baroni looking like he was shooting in for takedown before being faceplanted by a glancing shot in round 2. Best Eva :(

• 2 months later...
On 11/10/2018 at 10:17 PM, Egg Shen said:

Johny Hendricks fall from grace continues, stopped in 2 round by MMA journeyman Dakota Cochrane...

Well, to be fair it was hardly surprising, as Hendricks is a wrestler, and he was fighting someone in a bout where he wasn't allowed to wrestle. Why he's doing these events is a mystery to me, as there's been no mention of him being hard up for money at all. In fact, he's seemingly doing quite well, and even has a gig doing seminars and wrestling coaching.

• Paid Members

Yeh i know, it was a real strange move by Hendricks. The event was a complete disaster too with financial backing falling out and fighters not getting paid, an absolute farce. The other promotion though which Chris Lytle is fighting for seems to be doing real well.

The BKB show Pickett is involved with is the seediest looking of the bunch, the whole production makes it look like some kind of underground fight league. Like most of the MMA guys involved though it makes you wonder what kind of money is drawing these guys to do it because id imagine if Pickett announced a return to MMA he could get a decent spot in Bellator or perhaps Rizin.

On 1/13/2019 at 11:09 AM, Egg Shen said:

The BKB show Pickett is involved with is the seediest looking of the bunch

I dunno. The BKB 15 show is on ppv and can be viewed on *checks notes* Television X. 

On 1/13/2019 at 9:06 AM, David said:

Well, to be fair it was hardly surprising, as Hendricks is a wrestler, and he was fighting someone in a bout where he wasn't allowed to wrestle. Why he's doing these events is a mystery to me, as there's been no mention of him being hard up for money at all. In fact, he's seemingly doing quite well, and even has a gig doing seminars and wrestling coaching.

I think he ploughed a lot of his money into a steak restaurant that went tits up.