Bare Knuckle Thread πŸ‘ŠπŸ»

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

it's very different to traditional boxing. Obviously having specific boxing skills, specifically footwork and shot selection will translate perfectly to bare knuckle, but the clinch and inside fighting makes a huge difference. The sheer amount of damage done per fight both to your opponent and self-inflicted damage to the hands makes it very unpredictable too, not the mention fights are just 10 minutes long, it's a sprint.

Β 

On 2/23/2023 at 7:55 PM, Egg Shen said:

it's very different to traditional boxing. Obviously having specific boxing skills, specifically footwork and shot selection will translate perfectly to bare knuckle, but the clinch and inside fighting makes a huge difference. The sheer amount of damage done per fight both to your opponent and self-inflicted damage to the hands makes it very unpredictable too, not the mention fights are just 10 minutes long, it's a sprint.

That's very true, but the truth is that nine times out of ten you're going to see a skilled boxer absolutely piece up an MMA fighter with rudimentary stand up skills.Β 

• Egg Shen changed the title to Bare Knuckle Thread πŸ‘ŠπŸ» (BKFC 41 - Perry vs. Rockhold, April 29th)
  • Paid Members

6 days out from this slice of nonsence...

Probably the best card BKFC has ever put on involving some fighters you never would have expected to see there. Thought i'd post this abit early to remind folk it's happening next Saturday. Only a poor Apex UFC card to contend with so this will be where my focus is next weekend.

BKFC41_Denver_-_Website_2976x434_(Feb2023).thumb.jpg.4d0c0d2a83f2a7a862e83666b5d76231.jpg

Mike Perry vs. Luke Rockhold

Chad Mendes vs. Eddie Alvarez

Christine Ferea vs. Bec Rawlings - BKFC Flyweight Championship

Ben Rothwell vs. Josh Copeland

Chris Camozzi vs. Dan Spohn

Brandon Girtz vs. Christian Torres

Marcus Edwards vs. Jay Jackson

Mike Alvarado vs. James Brown

BJ Lawrence vs. Wayna Reid

Let the madness begin...

Mendes vs Alvarez should be the pick of the bunch. Mendes fought exactly how you thought he would in his first BK match, and was just throwing bombs. Who doesnt want to see that sort of guy against Alvarez. Saw what you like about him, but Perry has looked pretty good in BK so far. Will be huge questions about how Rockhold will fare doing it. Cant see it ending up positive for him.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, David said:

This is a PPV though, right? It doesn't come as part of the subscription. It's an extra $25 or something.

Hmmm. In that case, I nominate @Egg ShenΒ to watch it and fill us in on just exactly how handsome Luke's eyebrows are looking, come Sunday morning.Β 

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, David said:

This is a PPV though, right? It doesn't come as part of the subscription. It's an extra $25 or something.

if you subscribe to the BKFC app (about Β£6 a month I think) im sure the show in included, WWE Network style affair.

On Fite TV its a standalone PPV for Β£20, or Β£10 if you are a Fite+ member.

Watched those preview shows to the two main fights. Rockhold nailed every cliche in the book during his interviews; "best shape of my life", "the break from fighting allowed me to recover", "I was burnt out, now I have my passion back", "the UFC was holding me down, now I have my freedom" etc etc. Im sure at some point he said hes still "at the top", which seems a bit silly when hes plugging a bare knuckle match with Mike Perry on a show most people wont watch.

"Im going to be there till the fucking end. Bloody, broken, it doesnt matter, Im coming for your soul". Handsome Luke said this, but does anyone really believe him? Thats the big question going into this one. Perry said similar things, but theres no doubt in my mind that I actually believe him when he says it. I think that'll be the difference when they fight.

• Paid Members

Who knows? Rockhold's whole mental state is all over the place. He took a pretty harsh beating on his way out of the UFC and seemed to be done with the whole thing. BKFC throwing a big chunk of money is probably the motivation for the fight. If Rockhold has taken it seriously (and I suspect he has), I fancy him to win this and was shocked to see him as an underdog with the bookies.

Not shocked that Perry is the fav, as he beat MVP in his last fight, and say what you like about him, you know hes going to be well up for this. I just get the feeling that this is just some retirement money for Luke, and that hes not putting in the hours that Perry will be. MVP is alot more dangerous than Rockhold, and he was able to survive that fight, which makes him the fav for me.