Gus Mears

Outstanding Names

2 hours ago, W35ty said:

My best friend from childhood had a mum called Theresa Brown.

A real life pun and that's why most people don't believe me.

No word of a lie I went to school with a Theresa Brown. We had a Mike Hunt too (although he insisted on Michael.)

A friend of my swears she had someone at hers called Dwayne Pipe but I still don't believe her.

My mate's neighbor when we were growing up was called Hazel Nutt. I wonder how much of a factor the name was when she chose to marry Mr Nutt.

I often think of NFL legend Dick Butkus's name. For years I only knew it as a lyric in a Wu Tang song, and then I found out it was a real person.

14 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

My mate's neighbor when we were growing up was called Hazel Nutt. I wonder how much of a factor the name was when she chose to marry Mr Nutt.

I often think of NFL legend Dick Butkus's name. For years I only knew it as a lyric in a Wu Tang song, and then I found out it was a real person.

Ha, I know his name from How High - weird how these things appear to us sometimes.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

The NFL is full of wonderful names. Captain Munnerlyn, Barkevious Mingo,  and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix are current favourites. Barkevious Mingo sounds like someone out of Harry Potter, and he also has a brother called Hughtavious Mingo. They like a drink in the Mingo household when they are picking out baby names 

I've been using "Bumm-ra" as an expression of distaste or dissatisfaction about an event, usually over text message, for many years. Imagine my delight when watching the cricket highlights to see India fielding Bumrah this week. 

7 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The NFL is full of wonderful names. Captain Munnerlyn, Barkevious Mingo,  and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix are current favourites. Barkevious Mingo sounds like someone out of Harry Potter, and he also has a brother called Hughtavious Mingo. They like a drink in the Mingo household when they are picking out baby names 

Dont'a Hightower is another particular favourite of mine from that area.