Outstanding Names

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, W35ty said:

My best friend from childhood had a mum called Theresa Brown.

A real life pun and that's why most people don't believe me.

No word of a lie I went to school with a Theresa Brown. We had a Mike Hunt too (although he insisted on Michael.)

Ā 

A friend of my swears she had someone at hers called Dwayne Pipe but I still don't believe her.

14 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

My mate's neighbor when we were growing up was called Hazel Nutt. I wonder how much of a factor the name was when she chose to marry Mr Nutt.

I often think of NFL legend Dick Butkus's name. For years I only knew it as a lyric in a Wu Tang song, and then I found out it was a real person.

Ā 

Ha, I know his name from How High - weird how these things appear to us sometimes.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

The NFL is full of wonderful names. Captain Munnerlyn, Barkevious Mingo,Ā  and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix are current favourites. Barkevious Mingo sounds like someone out of Harry Potter, and he also has a brother called Hughtavious Mingo. They like a drink in the Mingo household when they are picking out baby namesĀ 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The NFL is full of wonderful names. Captain Munnerlyn, Barkevious Mingo,Ā  and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix are current favourites. Barkevious Mingo sounds like someone out of Harry Potter, and he also has a brother called Hughtavious Mingo. They like a drink in the Mingo household when they are picking out baby namesĀ 

Dont'a Hightower is another particular favourite of mine from that area.