Who wins and how?   

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Schaub's shite. Worse, he's Schaub schite. I haven't even watched the clip and I won't. I'm sure we've jizzed over the possibility of a Khabib vs Askren fight in the past on here. Schmuck Schaub isn't inventing the wheel with this idea and I don't need him selling me on it. Bollocks to him. Bollocks probably squeezed to within an inch of their lives by his skin tight jeggings. 

All that and the fight isn't going to happen anyway. 

7 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Depends if Money decides to give the MMA guy a few rounds again.

Bisping seems to believe that Khabib has the chin and the cardio to survive the full fight, which kinda makes sense when you consider Floyd's brittle hands and his lack of punching power.

Absolutely no doubt that Khabib gets boxed silly in a landslide decision mind you, but there could be truth to the belief that he's not a guy that's easy to put away, especially if you're not a puncher.

• Paid Members

I think Khabib would get smoked just as bad or probably worse than McGregor. In a boxing ring, without the threat of the takedown, he'd offer nothing. There was enough of a clear fucking gulf between Floyd and Conor. Khabib probably wouldn't even land a punch. I'd love to be wrong. I mean how hilarious would it be if a wrestler fluked it and KO'd Floyd Mayweather?! But nah. Never in a million years. 

And again...that fight isn't going to happen anyway. Although the crazy thing is there's probably a better chance of Khabib vs Floyd than Khabib vs Askren. 

5 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

I think it all comes down to if Floyd wants to cruise or not. If he ups the pace a little (like he did v McGregor), he's boxing the face off Khabib, and despite Khabib being double tough, I reckon the ref steps in again.

Possibly. That's the only way I see the fight being stopped really.

5 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I think Khabib would get smoked just as bad or probably worse than McGregor. In a boxing ring, without the threat of the takedown, he'd offer nothing. There was enough of a clear fucking gulf between Floyd and Conor. Khabib probably wouldn't even land a punch. I'd love to be wrong. I mean how hilarious would it be if a wrestler fluked it and KO'd Floyd Mayweather?! But nah. Never in a million years. 

Come on now, he'd land a punch. That's the kind of shite the boxing hardcores were saying about Conor and he landed a good few. Of course Khabib would land a punch, and truth be told he actually has more of a "big right hand" than McGregor has a "big left hand" as in he's got more power in one shot from what I've seen.

He's got cardio that pisses all over McGregor's, and he's a bigger guy with a chin forged from Soviet steel.

He'd still get boxed to fuck mind you, but I'd actually give Khabib more of a "punchers chance" than I gave Conor, simply because he seems to hit harder with one shot. If Floyd faffed about like he did with McGregor there's a higher chance (as in 0.5% rather than 0.2%) he gets caught with a freak single shot.

Just now, ColinBollocks said:

Aye. All those Khabib KO's on his record.

Check the records mate, he'd dropped more fighters with a single shot than Conor has. To argue that Khabib doesn't have a harder one-shot punch than Conor is foolhardy.

1 minute ago, ColinBollocks said:

Number 1 bullshit. That "big right hand", eh?

You don't think an incredibly strong grappler who walks around at 195lbs is stronger than a guy who could fight at featherweight? Fair enough. I thought the fight proved that point, but whatever. Khabib walked through Conor's shots as if he was throwing sparring jabs at him.

Khabib has dropped a number of guys with the right hand. He's a strong dude, he hits hard. He isn't a skilled boxer, he's not putting together combos, but if he connects with a solid shot it's going to hurt. Ask Conor, it dropped him, and he's a guy that was known for his chin.

In a fight against the premiere boxer of our era, being able to box is worth fuck all, because you won't match him. To have even a slight, miniscule chance of any kind of ridiculous success, you need to be able to make any shot you land count. I'd say that a single shot from Khabib is going to have more potential than a single shot from Conor. 

Conor's precision and combos work against many in MMA, but are useless against a guy like Mayweather. You maybe get one shot at a time, if you're lucky. That shot has to be hard enough to cause issues.

You also need cardio to survive, which we all know McG isn't great on. 

So yeah, cutting through the hype I'd say Khabib probably has a better chance (although it's still fucking miniscule) against Mayweather. All the talk of "Conor will bring something Mayweather isn't used to, the unorthodox style" applies even more to Khabib. He's as far from a boxer as it gets. He's got a strength that no boxer will really have simply because of how he trains. 

It would be a far more intriguing matchup I think, even if the result is a foregone conclusion. 

• Paid Members

My point is I don't think it really matters if Khabib has more power or not. He's not a better boxer than Conor. It's a boxing match and Floyd is about as good as it gets. Before the Conor fight everyone had questions about Khabib's stand up skills (maybe even you too).

He couldn't finish Ragin' Al during 4+ rounds of stand up and he was tagging Al all night. I doubt Khabib even lands that uppercut Conor did.

Just now, ColinBollocks said:

My point is I don't think it really matters if Khabib has more power or not. He's not a better boxer than Conor. It's a boxing match and Floyd is about as good as it gets. Before the Conor fight everyone had questions about Khabib's stand up skills (maybe even you too).

He couldn't drop Ragin' Al during 4+ rounds of stand up and he was tagging Al all night. I doubt Khabib even lands that uppercut Conor did.

My original point was that I agreed with Bisping that Khabib could go the distance. I think he has a far better chance of doing that than Conor did, simply due to his incredible cardio, his iron chin, and his mental strength.

Conor lost that fight with Mayweather because he got tired. As he usually always does. He got tired and started taking shots. I think there's less chance of Khabib getting tired.

If the fight happens, I'll sling some dough on Khabib going the distance. He'll lose, obviously, but I think he could go the distance. 

Archived