Who wins and how?   

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Surprisingly, GSP didn't mention Conor in the interview as a potential foe (I did dip out 5 mins before it ended though) But we know he's savy enough to not come off as a beggar, even though he has to has an eye on Conor.Ā 

If he's not going after belts, there's only a few names on that 'legacy/big money' list. Conor might be the only one really. Unless they can convince Nate to get in there.Ā 

• Paid Members

That's not how GSP says wants to do things. He's been very clear that he's only coming back if the money is right and, legacy-wise, it makes sense. What makes better sense for a legacy than becoming a 3 weight champion and the one to finally beat him? That sort of thingĀ cements GSP as the GOAT.

Plus, after this event, you imagine Khabib has managed to attain some status as a legit draw now.

Given the way Dana does business, I'm confident he'll drop his previous resentments towards GSP if the money is right. Christ, look how the Bisping fight came to be.

Obviously, I'm pushing this hard because there are few fights I want more.

Again, I think the way GSP got the middleweight title fight then simply dropped the title left a sour taste in the company's mouth. It fucked up their plans and the title picture in that weight class, didn't it?

As Dana has said, what's to stop GSP doing that again? I actually agree with Dana for once, GSP doesn't come anywhere close to deserving a lightweight title shot, he's never even fought at the weight class, and if he won the title he's as good as admitted he'd not be defending it.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, David said:

Didn't Dana make it clear that he's not putting GSP in any title fights again? You can see why, as he'd likely just give up the belt if he won it, like he did with the middleweight title.

Khabib is getting stripped once suspended, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Ali Abdelaziz commenting on the fight, a potential rematch, and Kavanagh;

Ā 

ā€œHeā€™s talking about a rematch and stuff like that. He quit, how are you going to give this guy a rematch? Heā€™s a bitch.ā€

ā€œYou know what makes me mad more than anything?ā€ asked Abdelaziz. ā€œNot that he talked about me or talked about Khabib. Stuff like that, I brush it off. But you talk all of this stuff and the third round comes and you come to me and tell me ā€˜itā€™s business,ā€™ thatā€™s a ho.

ā€œLike I said it before, heā€™s a prostitute and heā€™s still a prostitute. I definitely havenā€™t changed my mind.ā€

Abdelaziz would later take the rivalry between teams a step further when heĀ dug up old tweetsfrom McGregorā€™s head coach, John Kavanagh, questioning why Nurmagomedov chose not to fight during Ramadan.

ā€œHeā€™s nothing,ā€ said Abdelaziz when asked about Kavanagh. ā€œHeā€™s garbage. I donā€™t give a f*ck about him. If Iā€™m inside an arena under regulations, Iā€™m going respect the rules. But, outside the arena, thereā€™s no rules for me. Out there on the street, Iā€™m catching somebody. There was a lot of stuff said about me I donā€™t like, but I am my own man. I chose to watch the fight from the backroom to get the attention off me. It was about Khabib and Conor. Theyā€™re the fighters.

ā€œBut, if you think youā€™re gonna talk crazy and make fun of my religion? Iā€™m going catch you outside.ā€

As for the proposed rematch between the two rivals, Abdelaziz claims if his fighter wants it then heā€™ll make it happen.

ā€œWhatever brings Khabib money, Iā€™m going to do,ā€ said Abdelaziz. ā€œIā€™m not fighting. Heā€™s fighting. Whatever he wants to do, I will try to the best of my ability to get it done.ā€

Ā 

Nice to see that things are calming down a bit. I reckon we'll see some form of response from the green corner.

And Dana "I'm disgusted" White has pumped the brakes a little over the past week or so;

Ā 

ā€œWeā€™re good. Weā€™re good with Khabib."Ā 

ā€œYou guys are still posting that (expletive). That was a week ago. That was a week ago. A lot happens in a week in this business.ā€

White was cagey on whether or not Tukhugov will stay in the UFC, downplayed Nurmagomedovā€™s threat to quit and said the champ will remain in the fold.

ā€œI know what he said, but that was a week ago,ā€ White said. ā€œThis will all work out.ā€

ā€œYeah, no, weā€™re good. We worked it out,ā€ White said. ā€œWeā€™re going to get everything worked out. Obviously, he was a little upset, a little fired up. And, yeah, weā€™ll get it all worked out.

ā€œGuys get very emotional, man. And that was a very emotional fight for him, obviously. At the end of the day, Khabib is a great guy, and weā€™ve always had a great relationship with him. Itā€™s all good, brother.ā€

Ā 

Ā 

• Paid Members

Joey Diaz and Michael Bisping talking about Khabib vs McGregor here, and whether Conor was indeed sniffed up at that press conference.Ā 

I know there was some speculation on here at the time but whenĀ Joey 'Coco'Ā Diaz says you look "cocaine-ish", you fucking well looked "cocaine-ish". He might be a fat fuck who thought Khabib's name was "Khalabeeb" until recently, but he knows what a druggie looks like COCKSUCKA!Ā Think we can call this one case closed.Ā 

Archived