Who wins and how?   

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I think he's just fishing for a McGregor payday. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but it's what I'd be up to in his position.

Paulie is very good at breaking down boxing for tits like me. When he's just talking boxing, he's an interesting an informed listen.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Supremo said:

Re-watching the fight the other day, I got to thinking. If Chad Mendes had come into his fight with Conor on a full camp, do you think we'd have seen a similar result? If Chad had more in the gas tank, do you think he'd have been able to keep Conor down as successfully as Khabib did? It's amazing to think about how different things would've been had that happened.

You mean exactly what I was saying after that fight, only for everyone to shoot me down, claiming that McGregor had "answered the wrestler question?"

Yeah, it probably would have been far more competitive if Mendes had time to prepare.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

He was commenting for matchroom on Sky last night and even brought him up during a fight!

As soon as they showed McGregor sitting ringside during the Farmer vs Tennyson fight I just knew Paulie wouldn't be able to resist having a pop. He seemed to try to hold back at first but then he couldn't help himself and threw in that comment, something like 'Maybe Tennyson can teach that other Irishman at ringside about having character'. It was a nothing comment really but it does amuse me how obsessed he seems about it. I've no doubt he's angling for a fight with Conor but it's old news now. 

In fairness to Paulie though, interviewers keep asking him his opinions on whatever Conor's doing that week and Paulie is the type who would talk for an hour about grass growing if you asked him about it. Sometimes Paulie brings it up himself but a lot of times he's talking about Boxing and the interviewer will go 'Before I let you go Paulie, I have to ask you...can I get your thoughts on Conor McGregor's recent______'. And that's it. Cue the 15 minute rant. These interviewers like Kugan and Michelle Joy Phelps (:wub:) know exactly what they're doing. They get Paulie all wound up, they get their clickbait title for the video with a Paulie quote thrown in, and they get more MMA fans watching their content because of the McGregor Effect. 

• Paid Members

Like @Porkchopcash mentioned on the last page, there's actually meant to be an in-depth, three part documentary on the whole Conor vs Paulie drama soon. I can't for the life of me remember where I heard that but Porky mentioning it as well confirmed I'm not going mad. Wherever I heard it (might've been an interview with Paulie) I'm sure they said that it's going to show the sparring footage in full. I still want to see that footage. 

I can really see a McGregor vs Malignaggi boxing match actually happening. Paulie hasn't stopped talking about it, there's still legs to the rivalry as far as bad blood goes and once this thing airs the hype will be even bigger. Unless the sparring footage shows a complete one way arse kicking either way, I think there'll be interest in a proper fight. At this point, fuck it, I'd watch. I'd rather see Conor just stay in the UFC but there's definitely unfinished business with this Paulie thing. Give Paulie a full camp and one last payday, give Conor a chance to have another 'knock' in a boxing ring against a man not as superhuman as Floyd Mayweather, and let's put this thing to bed once and for all. 

29 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Like @Porkchopcash mentioned on the last page, there's actually meant to be an in-depth, three part documentary on the whole Conor vs Paulie drama soon. I can't for the life of me remember where I heard that but Porky mentioning it as well confirmed I'm not going mad. Wherever I heard it (might've been an interview with Paulie) I'm sure they said that it's going to show the sparring footage in full. I still want to see that footage. 

I can really see a McGregor vs Malignaggi boxing match actually happening. Paulie hasn't stopped talking about it, there's still legs to the rivalry as far as bad blood goes and once this thing airs the hype will be even bigger. Unless the sparring footage shows a complete one way arse kicking either way, I think there'll be interest in a proper fight. At this point, fuck it, I'd watch. I'd rather see Conor just stay in the UFC but there's definitely unfinished business with this Paulie thing. Give Paulie a full camp and one last payday, give Conor a chance to have another 'knock' in a boxing ring against a man not as superhuman as Floyd Mayweather, and let's put this thing to bed once and for all. 

It was Kavanaugh on JRE.

He said there’s a 3 part doc about the Mayweather fight coming to Netflix, and it’ll feature a section on the Paulie drama and show most of the footage.

Archived