Who wins and how?   

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ColinBollocks said:

Fair enough. It's a bit of a ridiculous debate to be having, anyway. As discussed, I think it genuinely all comes down to whether or not Floyd wants to put a bit of extra work in because he'd box the face off Khabib if he did.

I think he'd probably take Khabib more seriously than he took Conor, for the reasons I mentioned. A man with cardio, a chin and a decent one-shot punch is a dangerous guy in any situation.

Still don't think he'd knock him out.

• Paid Members

Khabib might land a few punches. I also, hand on heart, wouldn't be surprised if he didn't land one though and just swung at thin air while getting his silly chinstrap beard tagged with counters all night. 

Everything we're basing Khabib's striking on is from MMA, obviously. Where he can use the threat of his takedowns, which is a one way trip to his horrifying grappling. That's all gone in a boxing ring. He'd be less likely to land punches for that reason alone. Then you stick Floyd Mayweather in the opposite corner and it goes from bad to worse. He's whiffing on punches all day and getting smacked about like Derrick Lewis' wife's thighs on a Friday night. 

Whether he hits harder than McGregor who the fuck knows? Like if they hit one of those punch machine things, maybe Khabib scores higher. But that means sod all when you're faced with a moving target who's been boxing since he got off the Farley's Rusks. I wouldn't give Khabib a better punchers chance than Conor even if it was scientifically proven he hits harder because that extra little bit of power is useless if you don't land the punches and Khabib would be even less likely to land anything meaningful than McGregor was. Especially as, again, he wouldn't have that takedown threat to spook Floyd with. Without the takedown threat Khabib would be like Rottweiler with its teeth removed. 

If the fight ever happens I see only two ways it goes. 1) Floyd boxes him into oblivion and the ref has to stop it because he's taking too many unanswered punches. Or 2) Floyd boxes him into oblivion, Khabib survives but that's not good news either as it's a 12 round shutout, the punch stats are something like 500-2 in Floyd's favour and Khabib now has a face like a regurgitated lasagne. Either way, there's an oblivion and Khabib's getting boxed into it. 

Just now, Egg Shen said:

Is that true?

It actually is, believe it or not. After he dropped Conor I wondered how many he'd put down previously in comparison, and it's either two or three more times he's done that.

McGregor tends to stun opponents with a single shot than drop them entirely, but obviously McG is more effective in the follow up with strikes while Khabib usually uses it as an opportunity to rush them and get control on the ground.

2 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Of course it is. That's why everyone in MMA has been raving about the feared striking ability of Khabib for years.

Leave the sarcasm and attempts at cunty behaviour to the master, mate 😉

1 minute ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Where would one even find those records?

By being a sad prick with too much time on his hands and reading fight reports for the events, like me.

• Paid Members

More importantly than this Floyd vs Khabib nonsense...has anyone tried McGregor's Proper Twelve whiskey yet? I've heard it's fucking rancid. My cousin (who is full on Irish and thinks McGregor can do no wrong) tried it and said it was disgusting. "Like drinking Listerine someone emptied the ashtray into" is how he described the experience. 

Break out the Colgate! Conor McGregor made us sick. 

Just now, wandshogun09 said:

I haven't seen it myself yet. My cousin actually lives in Dublin though. Said it's been flying off the shelves but no-one he knows is buying a second bottle :laugh: 

Seems to be a bog-standard cheaper end of the scale blend from what I've heard. 

• Paid Members

Yeah I'm sure I read a while back it's gonna be priced at the masses and available in UK supermarkets. 

Most critics have absolutely panned it because its not been barreled long enough. No doubt he'll make a pretty penny off it. 

• Paid Members

I've only heard bad things about it. Apparently it's the drink equivalent of trying to cover up overpowering BO with some cheap aftershave.

I think Uncle Joey's point about their repeat business dying on it's arse will prove to be spot on. Done brilliantly so far, though.

Archived