On 8/21/2018 at 11:37 AM, tiger_rick said:

My most quoted line is used whenever I'm going to the local:

"I'm off to the pube with the holiday monkey"

She still doesn't get it. I need a divorce.

Run. Run. Run.

Possibly my favourite British sitcom ever, certainly in my top 5.  I love it.  I've watched every episode and live show so many times, I just watched all of them about 2 months ago  (first live show is the best.  4 and 5 not so much, but I'll still watch them).  I use so many lines from it in everyday life without even realising, and a lot with realising and doing it very much on purpose.  I like the first 50 minutes or so of Guest House Paradiso...the ending is a bit rubbish.

I don't get sad at celebrity deaths.  Never have.  Except Rik Mayall.

I first watched it when I was about 10 - with permission from my Mum.  So much of it I either completely didn't understand or just didn't even realise it was a joke and even now I'll watch it again now and think "aahh, that's what that means"

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ever notice how life in general got worse when Rik Mayall died? You get a sense if he hadnt passed away the world would be much better than it is.

Someone found the masters to the title sequence and George Lucased them. https://vimeo.com/515651356 The final 20 seconds or so are little bits of extra Hammersmith bench tomfoolery.

Posted Images

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

I occasionally will go to the basketball court by Hammersmith Bridge, if I have the time I'll always pop over to the memorial bench to have a look. Can't help myself. 

Edited by LaGoosh
  • 1 month later...