Peyton Royce Meltzer comments

Keith Houchen

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Meltzer has been critical of loads of the male wrestlers in the past too. I'm sure I remember him piling into HHH big time when he was carrying the flab.

That isn't the point though. Dave is out of order, context or not.

Using the Saudi example doesn't really carry much water because we all know WWE (and Vince) are a fairly scummy organization that will do anything for cash. I'm more uncomfortable with people like Seth Rollins taking the high ground over it who will then happily work alongside Randy Orton for example, but at least he got lots of likes and retweets and was able to feel very smug about it.

13 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Why does it have to be one or the other? Everyone knows wrestlers are cunts, but also everyone who has listened to Meltzer for more than 5 minutes over the last 20 years knows he's misogynist oddball.

Whilst I think everybody will agree he’s an oddball I’m not too sure about “misogynist”. At least in terms of Pro Wrestling there are very few people who’ve publicly praised women’s matches and workers more than Dave Meltzer (well, the ones deserving of praise).

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

At least in terms of Pro Wrestling there are very few people who’ve publicly praised women’s matches and workers more than Dave Meltzer (well, the ones deserving of praise).

Dammit... Up until that last bit in brackets I was going to say Foley.

3 hours ago, HeavyT said:

are journalists not allowed to have an opinion on a female wrestler's looks? it is an important part of their appeal is it not? same with the men,or do women need special treatment?

A wrestlers look is fair game, a wrestlers looks aren't. If you are a Sexy Boy, a dog faced gremlin, or a model, then it's part of your look. And yes they are totally allowed to have an opinion on anything, just expect that opinion to be challenged when aired. 

17 hours ago, Merzbow said:

His other apology is worse.

The Mr Kipling nob.

What was Meltzer's tweet? The forum's just showing me one from @AccidentalP.

10 hours ago, Carbomb said:

And if a male wrestler who's often pointed out as being attractive somehow becomes less attractive because of beauty standards, that's rarely discussed, if ever. 

I feel like we’ve had a thread on that before. And if we haven’t, we should.

On 8/16/2018 at 1:56 PM, Keith Houchen said:

A wrestlers look is fair game, a wrestlers looks aren't. If you are a Sexy Boy, a dog faced gremlin, or a model, then it's part of your look. And yes they are totally allowed to have an opinion on anything, just expect that opinion to be challenged when aired. 

thats free speech for you. it was very unnecessary but then so is men saying how hot a girl is too. Although this is nothing new for Meltzer if i remember correctly. he hates women in wrestling,or at least did for a while

Archived