Peyton Royce Meltzer comments

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Meltzer deserves all the heat he is getting. However, I do find the moral high ground from the WWE talent to be questionable after having an event where the woman were unable to wrestle and Sami was unable to go to because of his religious beliefs. But money talks

WWE's corporate moral high ground has fuck all to do with Peyton pointing out Meltzer's been a cunt. She's had fuck all to do with their decision to run out there.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah but the "nice guys" who are defending her were okay to take a cheque to go to a country where they put women to death.

But no, Metlzer's the cunt. Good lord. i get that you all hate Dave, but to defend WWE and their perfomers for this is disgusting and disheartening.

Shame on you.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Oh, well seeing as how you've put it like that, I'll bow out before you use FACT.  But he only said sorry because he got called out on it.

Fuck you Keith, you cut him off before he had chance to say “at the end of the day”.

51 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Why does it have to be one or the other?

Because people are offended about everything these days and complain about everything these days, whilst there are simultaneously more important things to be annoyed at and they aren't complaining enough things.

Schrodinger's Twat, if you will.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

His "apology" was public, if it was sincere he could have contacted her directly, but no, he used his social media to show his followers what a decent guy he thinks he is.  He deserves everything he gets.

Nah, the apology should absolutely be public for this. The comments were about her (boob job) but they absolutely did not impact solely her, especially since she called him out publicly. I don't doubt the sincerity of the apology at all for this. 

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, HeavyT said:

are journalists not allowed to have an opinion on a female wrestler's looks? it is an important part of their appeal is it not? same with the men,or do women need special treatment?

But it isn't, though, is it? How attractive a male wrestler is is very rarely a topic for debate - so much so that being good-looking in wrestling has been a distinctive gimmick in itself. Wrestling has had some downright ugly bastards not only working in it, but being pushed to main events. People don't tend to comment on that. And if a male wrestler who's often pointed out as being attractive somehow becomes less attractive because of beauty standards, that's rarely discussed, if ever. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, TheTonetta said:

Ah but the "nice guys" who are defending her were okay to take a cheque to go to a country where they put women to death.

But no, Metlzer's the cunt. Good lord. i get that you all hate Dave, but to defend WWE and their perfomers for this is disgusting and disheartening.

Shame on you.

It's not that black & white though, is it now. You don't have 'Cunts' and 'Not Cunts'.

Yes, Meltzer is a fucking bollock for thinking he can just spout out tripe like that. I heard his apology and, for once, he appeared to sound genuine (despite Alverez still being a complete twat at the end). Will he issue a written apology in the next Observer or privately message Peyton with an apology? Will this be the last in a line of real stupid gaffs by Big Dave or will his behavior still remain unchanged? Time will tell. He deserves every bit of heat he gets though.

Where were you when the Saudi Arabia shows were announced? There was a lot of resentment towards the WWE for doing so, both from fans and from the wrestlers themselves. WWE wrestlers voiced their displeasure through social media, you just had to read between the lines. Also, they took a lot of fire and flack for agreeing to do those shows. They weren't universally acclaimed and defended.

However, there is a huge difference between the two situations. Would I defend a friend or close colleague against a has-been journalist, whose glory days are well behind him and who isn't worth the keyboard he types with or the microphone he spits into? Yes I would, in a heart beat. Would I attack the company I work for if they decided to do business with Saudi Arabia and (allegedly) not compensate the female work force in the deal? No, probably not, at least not publicly. You know why? I FUCKING WORK FOR THEM. They pay my bills, put a roof over my head and feed my kids. I would, however, voice my opinions to HR or my union. Which brings me to that bloated whale of an issue.

Remember, this is WWE; there is no workers union or workers rights to really iron these issues out and make a stand. Your pay and positioning depends on being a 'Yes Man'. If you have clout, you could take a stand, but if you're making a tasty paycheck are you going to give that up? Depends on your morals. It's easy to give money to charities but would you bite the hand that feeds?

Of course, it's despicable. Yes, the wrestlers are to shoulder some of the blame (especially those higher on the totem pole) but the others? All the way from curtain jerkers to even the upper-card Rollins types?  They're replaceable. They've not got a system where they can voice their concerns without fear of being shafted and kicked out of the most reliably highest paying jobs in the biz. Throw blame on the WWE, not the guys and girls who are doing what they can with what they have.

I may have shifted focus a bit there. My point is, it is entirely acceptable to throw blame and heat (as well praise) upon anybody whilst simultaneously taking a different stance for a somewhat similar situation elsewhere. It doesn't make you a hypocrite, it makes you a three-dimensional human being. I align myself politically to the left, quite firmly. But I do agree with a few other principles because I'm a fully-fleshed out person.

There's different levels of cuntyness that deserve different reactions depending on who you are. WWE won't change the structure of their company to let their employees really voice their opinions without being reprimanded but a haggard reporter can easily be taught what is and what isn't acceptable to say and do.

12 hours ago, TheTonetta said:

WWE did a show in Saudi Arabia, a country where they treat women like dirt.

They tried to honor a rapist at this year's Mania.

But Dave Meltzer is the devil, Right?!?!?!

People on this board and social media criticize the way the men look all the time but quickly become white knights when something negative is said about a women.

Archived