Peyton Royce Meltzer comments

Keith Houchen

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His "apology" was public, if it was sincere he could have contacted her directly, but no, he used his social media to show his followers what a decent guy he thinks he is.  He deserves everything he gets.

6 minutes ago, TheTonetta said:

End of

Oh, well seeing as how you've put it like that, I'll bow out before you use FACT.  But he only said sorry because he got called out on it.

I saw a good point that he is (rightly) getting pelters from wrestlers and whatnot, but would these wrestlers be calling him out if he wasn't a lowly dirt sheet journalist and someone who signs the cheques or was a locker room leader?  If you're going to bat for a principle, it has to be every time.  Otherwise it's a hobby.

• Paid Members

On THE BOARD Meltzer tried to put the comments he made into the context of we always talk about male wrestlers looks and bodies in terms of if they might make it to a certain level if they've got the right look and that he was, badly, trying to apply that same sort of thinking to female performers, but admits he made a dumb comment because of the extra pressures on women in the business to look a certain way.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I saw a good point that he is (rightly) getting pelters from wrestlers and whatnot, but would these wrestlers be calling him out if he wasn't a lowly dirt sheet journalist and someone who signs the cheques or was a locker room leader?  If you're going to bat for a principle, it has to be every time.  Otherwise it's a hobby.

This was my thought earlier too. Meltzer is an idiot and that, but it would have been nice if we got more of this when they hired Hulk "I'm racist" Hogan. Instead, we got some Titus O'Neil tip-toeing tweet that a couple of folk retweeted.

3 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Alvarez pushed Meltzer into saying Peyton was more attractive in NXT. Not defending Dave, because he’s an idiot who clearly doesn’t ever think before he speaks/tweets. But Alvarez egged that on.  

Ha, good point!  It's a bit like the Andrew Sachs row.  Brand got the sack but it was Ross who said it.

• Paid Members

Meltzer deserves all the heat he is getting. However, I do find the moral high ground from the WWE talent to be questionable after having an event where the woman were unable to wrestle and Sami was unable to go to because of his religious beliefs. But money talks

Archived