Sign in to follow this  
Onyx2

Chippy Tea

1 hour ago, Silky Kisser said:

I won't hear another word about it. 

A fresh remoulade and caper side salad wouldn't go amiss either, eh?

The only time a piece of lemon is appropriate with a chippy tea is if you're eating near seagulls and need to use it as a weapon to save your chippy tea

31 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

First takeaway in 18 weeks. Amazing doesn't come close.

EC0061D0-2C82-4A2E-A0B5-631D686876E4.thumb.jpeg.e58b92eb2c5b72faa403fff0669bd5ec.jpeg

I'll give you 18 weeks is a long time...but come on mate, those chips are paler than a Magic The Gathering tournament and the fish looks like it was caught shortly after its life began.

I don’t get the hate for pale chips, I really don’t. They were cooked to perfection with a bit of crisp on the outside and super fluffy on the inside. Not greasy, not floppy, just excellent chippy chips.

If the fish isn’t big enough for your liking, maybe it’d help if I explained that the plate is the size of a championship-standard chess board.

Edited by scratchdj

33 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I don’t get the hate for pale chips, I really don’t.

Agreed. This could tear the forum apart. 

There is a vast difference between pale but crisp and fluffy, and pale but flaccid.  You can also get dark flaccid, it's all in the crisp.

The fish is also a fine size and I’m a big fat pig. I   Once had a ‘Mega Fish’ which was two fillets battered together and it was ridiculous. Even standard big size chippy fish is a bit too much for me. Probably all the bread and butter I have though to be fair.

Went to Llandudno today and got fed at Barnacles. Fish n chips n curry sauce as standard, scampi as Mrs raid loves it, and a battered sausage because she’d never tried it. The sausage was exactly like every other, the curry was good, the fish was good if a little pricey at £4.80. However, the scampi was both fresh tasting and crunchy coated, and the chips were exceptional. Don’t recall chips as crispy on the outside excusing actual battered chips. Probably best chippy visit since Fish Over Chips in Grange Over Sands. Still had room for a custard slice from Gerrards and some ice cream.

A309C693-5596-46DD-8153-037EB78CB692.jpeg

A898E3C1-1A50-484C-9670-CED6F8985E4F.jpeg

92C9675F-E9E5-4F7B-BE62-3938452494DF.jpeg

6 hours ago, scratchdj said:

the plate is the size of a championship-standard chess board.

I still don't get why people put fish and chips on a plate rather than just eat them in the paper. 

1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

I still don't get why people put fish and chips on a plate rather than just eat them in the paper. 

If you are having a chippy tea the most you should have to wash up is a fork. 

2 hours ago, Tommy! said:

It's posh, like sticking your little finger out when having a cup of tea or a wank.

11 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I don’t get the hate for pale chips, I really don’t. They were cooked to perfection with a bit of crisp on the outside and super fluffy on the inside. Not greasy, not floppy, just excellent chippy chips.

If the fish isn’t big enough for your liking, maybe it’d help if I explained that the plate is the size of a championship-standard chess board.

I'll let the pale chips thing go...if that is your thing then so be it...but that plate doesn't look big at all, its barely bigger than the fork! Going to have to see a ruler in the next photo