Sign in to follow this  
Onyx2

Chippy Tea

Just a PSA for anyone whose local chippy does crap curry sauce (like mine), this - which you can buy from Tesco - is a godsend:

snapshotimagehandler_982670162.jpeg?h=54

No cooking skills required, just heat water, add the paste and stir until you've got the curry sauce you want.

I'm thinking of making it up and drinking it out of a bowl for this evening's snack but that's probably for #EATCLEAN

Nice one. I’ll give that a go and compare it to these ones. I usually get them from the local Chinese supermarket but they’re often out of stock.

81EFAB0D-6B02-472E-8DBA-A5E400AAEC85.jpeg.7e793dfbbd1add7f9c4c406b8fb85b70.jpeg

6D921508-A66F-4650-9E5A-7405168F78F9.jpeg.dab53175bf0d06a4ac897d5206127902.jpeg

And wait for it:

013F3E58-5B3F-4188-B70B-0CA376D8B1F0.jpeg.b0aa778f0ecc55513c83398283c33834.jpeg

Not had the gravy one for ages but I remember it being fucking amazing.

Been using that curry sauce for years.  It's well skill!  We have a Friday Fakeaway and that is always used.  Works well for a full on chinese curry as well, just make loads of it and pour it over diced chicken that's been in the pan for about 10 minutes.  Well lush.

I used Maysan recently as I couldn't get hold of my usual Chinese curry powder and found it really bland. I had to whack some additional spice to give it any kind of kick. 

This is the Mack-Daddy of curry sauces. 

249991-Mayflower-Medium-Curry-Sauce-Mix-

£1 a box from B&M. Dead easy to knock up and really tasty. 

The mayflower country gravy is basically a Vegan friendly KFC gravy

17 minutes ago, ElCece said:

What has happened to the Chippy thread. 

Curry sauce is an integral part of a chippy. It's not like it has gone back to kebab chat.

I imagine Keith has fake chips made out of cauliflower.

I'm going to this place tomorrow:

image.png.36f34c6f073414fcf708e80415ff46bd.png

It's on the Wirral and is renowned for the best chips on the wrong side of the water. The mate I'm going with offered up four different areas to go for a few hours - all over the region - but knowing Parkgate had this open, I casually said we should wander down and take in the view of the River Dee and beyond as it would be great for us both. We could feel the breeze, chat about all kinds and give our mental health a kick-start.

I couldn't give a fuck about that. I just want boss chips and feel I still need to make it up to you all for that plate of slop I posted last year.

Leave it with me.

Hopefully better than the time you went to that place in London that was about 50 quid per chip. No, not the Spurs ground. 

48 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

I'm going to this place tomorrow:

image.png.36f34c6f073414fcf708e80415ff46bd.png

It's on the Wirral and is renowned for the best chips on the wrong side of the water. The mate I'm going with offered up four different areas to go for a few hours - all over the region - but knowing Parkgate had this open, I casually said we should wander down and take in the view of the River Dee and beyond as it would be great for us both. We could feel the breeze, chat about all kinds and give our mental health a kick-start.

I couldn't give a fuck about that. I just want boss chips and feel I still need to make it up to you all for that plate of slop I posted last year.

Leave it with me.

This place is mint.  Parking is shit though and there'll be a queue in a Saturday.  Decent Ice Cream just a bit further on for pudding too.

43 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Hopefully better than the time you went to that place in London that was about 50 quid per chip. No, not the Spurs ground. 

Ironically, when the stadium opened, fans kicked off that there were no 'just chips' options.

They'd obviously missed the banging vegan food on offer.