Onyx2

Chippy Tea

8 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

But I'm nit-picking, on the whole a very good effort, seven on ten.

Let's make love.

1 minute ago, air_raid said:

Let's make love.

Typical. You’ve had years to say that and now you do it when you’re spoken for.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

2 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Typical. You’ve had years to say that and now you do it when you’re spoken for.

Just because he’s on a diet doesn’t mean he can’t look at the menu. 

13 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

My usual chippy isn’t open until Monday so tried one in the middle of town out. 

FB25E167-DE0A-4B2A-8C22-73B2B1860F59.thumb.jpeg.2170a46795e7e5b075397160ff057d70.jpeg

Chicken - ten on ten, mushy peas - bingo, chips - snap, erm, minor criticism, would have preferred the battered sausages to have been included during the gravy pouring. But I'm nit-picking, on the whole a very good effort, seven on ten.

2 battered sausages? Wild man! 

That looks like someone with diarrhoea emptied their bowels on top of your dinner. Then I do find mushy peas abhorrent, because as a general rule green stuff doesn't belong on a chippy dinner.

14 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

My usual chippy isn’t open until Monday so tried one in the middle of town out. 

FB25E167-DE0A-4B2A-8C22-73B2B1860F59.thumb.jpeg.2170a46795e7e5b075397160ff057d70.jpeg

Chicken - ten on ten, mushy peas - bingo, chips - snap, erm, minor criticism, would have preferred the battered sausages to have been included during the gravy pouring. But I'm nit-picking, on the whole a very good effort, seven on ten.

My girlfriend saw this over my shoulder and was absolutely appalled. Trouble in paradise. 

33 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

That looks like someone with diarrhoea emptied their bowels on top of your dinner. Then I do find mushy peas abhorrent, because as a general rule green stuff doesn't belong on a chippy dinner.

Genuinely reported.

3 hours ago, Rey_Piste said:

Yeah, looks rank.  I think it's the gravy mixed with the mushy peas that does it.  Peas should be thick enough to retain the shape of the plastic container they come in even after you've pushed it out.

7 hours ago, gmoney said:

My girlfriend saw this over my shoulder and was absolutely appalled. Trouble in paradise. 

One’s a battered sausage, the other one’s a submarine. 

On the whole, that meal looks horrifically lovely.

My local chippy - the best one I've ever been to - has finally reopened after a stupidly long Christmas break, so I popped in for lunch today. The unthinkable has happened - they've got new owners. I was pretty nervous when I ordered the food, in case the new staff meant a drop in quality. Sure enough, it was really underwhelming. Soggy chips, slightly slimy batter that stuck to the paper, and tasteless sausages. Absolutely gutted.

Chippy tea night~! Soss, haddock, chips. Shared with Mrs Onyx. 

20190111_190540_crop_579x453.jpg.f82a7d330b0c06e1468f0b0585dda55b.jpg

And I started thinking, are there any other meals that you order "twice"? You don't say "jalfrezi and rice twice please". 

2 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Chippy tea night~! Soss, haddock, chips. Shared with Mrs Onyx. 

20190111_190540_crop_579x453.jpg.f82a7d330b0c06e1468f0b0585dda55b.jpg

And I started thinking, are there any other meals that you order "twice"? You don't say "jalfrezi and rice twice please". 

Looks tremendous that. Forgive my ignorance but what's Soss?